Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I didn't see the game today so I've no idea how he played but will be watching it back tomorrow and watching him especially because I really like Clarke I think as theunderstudy says there is something about him. Its hard to put your finger on, hard to describe but there is a quiet efficiency and a underlying class in his game that for me sets him apart.

We've some excellent prospects in the young players but for me Clarke is the pick of the bunch, all I've seen of the game is his goal but I couldn't help but notice the composure he showed as he took his chance. That ball was in the air and coming to him for a long time but there was no nerves, no last minute hesitation or doubt he knew what he wanted to do and just did it.

In fact, just doing it kind of sums him up. It was the same against Arsenal, the same composure and that to me is the sign of a real talent when its in a defender of his age.

My one big hope with Clarke is that we are able to give him enough football to keep him happy and that he doesn't end up going the way of Cahill.

Good Footballers can play almost anywhere, and i think Houllier likes this kids versatility, so dont see any danger of that just yet 8)

I think other clubs will have him under tabs though, but hes a good player, so its to be expected.

So a nice long contract pleeeeese!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find amazing is that he's really our 4th choice centre-back (although personally I think he's been the best out of the 4 centre-backs this season) and he's already bagged 3 goals without playing a lot.

anyone see the graphic MOTD did? didnt notice during the game but played really high up the pitch, played really well again would rather see him get a run at LB than warnock come back
Tbh I can't see Warnock coming back. In the post-match interview on the BBC Houllier was talking about Clark and then mentioned Warnock and just trailed off. Looks like it was Warnock not Dunne who's played his last game for the club.

Not sure how you figure that one out Baz, he's looked top class in every game he's played (Newcastle excepted) and has chipped in with a few goals too! As far as I'm concerned, him and Albrighton are the standout players from the current crop of youth players, and the ones most likely to become quality top flight players in the future. The jury is still out on Lichaj, Bannan, Delfouneso etc.

Â