Barry Bannan

villianusa

I think his drink driving was disgraceful and its made me dislike him quite a lot.

I've never been a big fan but he is currently playing well and looks good with Westwood.

It was a completely stupid and reckless thing to do. Luckily no one was hurt. I hope he has really learnt from this and no longer takes his potential/position for granted. But at the end he's still a kid, if you were to hate everyone who makes stupid errors through life then you wouldn't like many people. I quite like Bannan as a player, and i'm glad he's playing well. Hope he keeps it up :)

I posted this in the Chelsea reactions thread. Posting it again here 'cause it took ages to type, is the absolute definitive truth, and because nobody reads the reactions thread anyway :)

Really not sure what [anyone sees] in Bannan's game. Maybe he did run around a lot, but it might have been better if he'd stayed in the same spot and never got the chance to give away posession. Whenever we needed to slow the game down, up he popped with one of his wonder balls. Amazed how there are always people who think he had a good game, no matter what he does. He never scores, and almost never provides assists. What exactly is he there for? A deep-lying playmaker? Well then above all he should keep posession, but he should still provide assists and score goals. He has had enough chances to show he has it in him. He doesn't at this level. Talented player in some ways, but ultimately nowhere near good enough.

I posted this in the Chelsea reactions thread. Posting it again here 'cause it took ages to type, is the absolute definitive truth, and because nobody reads the reactions thread anyway :)

Really not sure what [anyone sees] in Bannan's game. Maybe he did run around a lot, but it might have been better if he'd stayed in the same spot and never got the chance to give away posession. Whenever we needed to slow the game down, up he popped with one of his wonder balls. Amazed how there are always people who think he had a good game, no matter what he does. He never scores, and almost never provides assists. What exactly is he there for? A deep-lying playmaker? Well then above all he should keep posession, but he should still provide assists and score goals. He has had enough chances to show he has it in him. He doesn't at this level. Talented player in some ways, but ultimately nowhere near good enough.

I agree, I stop short of saying I agree entirely as I would probably go further. I think he is rubbish.

This is not the definitive truth, it is just your opinion.

I have seen Bannan rule games, and he has picked up a few MOTM awards. I rate him and think we would be **** without him.

Barry Bannan being a mainstay of our side is one of the key reasons that we are genuine relegation contenders this season.

He's played over 50 games for us now, yet still looks like he's making his debut every week. He can't tackle, his positional sense is awful, he doesn't intercept the ball, he gets caught in possession and he's set up one, maybe two, goals for us (by my reckoning - could be wrong though).

He's just not good enough. Maybe Championship standard. Maybe.

He plays like someone who's had a tough upbringing and his social worker wrote a letter to "Noel's Christmas Presents" saying how much little Barry wants to be a professional footballer.

bannan has a resonable set piece foot. not good, reasonable. the rest of his game is in my opinion mediocre, he tries shooting but when the shooting is shit so is the trying.

and hes fecking short, if he had another couple of inches he would have been able to block ivanovics header. Or if he could jump.

recon he could play on stilts?

I agree, I stop short of saying I agree entirely as I would probably go further. I think he is rubbish.

Such a limited player. I really don't see what he actually offers to the team....Apart from maybe, if I am being kind; the relationship and understanding he has developed with Westwood. Nothing else. God knows why Westwood was brought off.

It wasn't anyone's best game to be fair, but I always wonder when appraisals/ merits are given out is it for running, passing, scoring.

I always judge a player by how much control they have on a game or their opposite number.Bannan for me has good games when he has the ball, don't see much when he hasn't.

I don't feel as a team we have enough control as to feel comfortable with our destiny right now.

This is not the definitive truth, it is just your opinion.

I have seen Bannan rule games, and he has picked up a few MOTM awards. I rate him and think we would be **** without him.

Yes, the definitive truth bit was attempted irony, but anyway. Thing is we're **** WITH him at the moment, so doing without him has to be worth a try.

Bannan is shit, thinks he is Xavi/Iniesta with his wonder balls which normally just go out of play or to a opposition player and his set pieces are a joke, Westwood took one corner against Reading and Benteke scored from it. Would just drop him and play KEA and Ireland alongside Westwood until PL buys a new DCM and ACM in Jan hopefully.