The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

if ref saw incident then I dont think he can be charged, especially if he gave out cards at time

Will depend what was in his report but you would expect if he saw it there would have been sanctions at the time. My first instinct was that he didn't see it as if he did it would have been a straight red, and deservedly so. 

On another note how many chances has he got left? SB needs to get hold of him and get the penny to drop that he is a professional footballer and should be acting like one. 

Oh and someone buy him a pair of adult shinpads and adult socks. 

Edited by AstonMartyn88

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hopefully he avoids a ban - he was our best player against Wolves and needs all the football we can give him.

Yep agreed. Only one who tries to make things happen. Their rb couldn't handle him. Unfortunately, second half he was getting the ball in the lb position rather than anywhere to hurt him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he did it epintentionally to miss the game at the sty looks like abit of a bottler to me recently

nearly as bad as your comments in the Ched Evans thread :o

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's ridiculous - the boy's a Villa fan, he's from a Villa family, loves the club - he'll be desperate for another crack at the heathen - he didn't bottle it last season and there's absolutely no reason to imagine he would now.

A villa fan that has been average for far too long. Maybe he didnt do it deliberately perhaps but doesn't excuse the fact his career ia going downhill. If he cant do it at this level then what chance will he have if we ever get promoted.

Very over-rated in my eyes, add to the fact his foolish actions off the pitch.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's played 39 league games! For me it's hard to have a career that's going downhill on that basis - that's the kind of downhill by the way where in the last ten days he's been man of the match for England U21's and our best player against Wolves.

He's a very promising young player, one of our own and someone who needs to keep playing to develop, he's doing that and for me, he's coming along quite nicely. Results are bad, I get that, but I see absolutely no reason to single our best young prospect out. He's shown huge potential, he's got the ability to win games and to do the things that change games, he's physically stronger now, he's the most fouled player in the division and he's adding more of a goal threat. We're still to find his best position and we're not a great team to be a young player in - but for me he's progressing well and will be part of the side for the foreseeable future.

Now he might well end up fizzling out, he might not reach the potential he has - that's happened lots of times in the past and it'll happen to lots of players in the future - but for a player just starting out I find it very strange to be writing him off.

Quick question though out of those 39 games how many outstanding games has he had for us. People keep saying potential, potential potential. Are we going to be saying he has potential 2-3 years time? He has to start showing it now. 

I havent completely written him off but I think the last season and this year he hasnt cut the mustard hence why a lot of people have lost faith in him. Its not sorely him, but I think he is nothing special at all. Albrighton was so much better when he was introduced. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Quick question though out of those 39 games how many outstanding games has he had for us.

Not many and certainly less than a handful.

He has played in arguably the worst Villa side of all time though last season. A side where those players you’d think would be a positive influence on young players like Grealish did the total opposite.

His best form for us was when Sherwood came in and for a brief period the whole side played with some confidence. No surprise really as players like Jack always thrive in decent, confident sides.

He has been a total pratt on a number of occasions but given he has only just turned 21, has played under 7 managers in his very brief senior career and been influenced by senior players who don’t give a shit I think he should be cut some slack.

As for this latest incident it was a silly thing to do but he was getting some right treatment after making a couple of Wolves players like right mugs on a number of occasions. He reacted, it happens.

• Like 3

He has quite a few weaknesses for me

1.- When he receives the ball - he immediately stops and thus slows the game down

2.He then tries a mazy run into the box - but mostly fails to recognise and take any shooting opportunities that arise

3.He doesn't provide (m)any crosses into the box

With Ayew having similar weaknesses - It wouldn't bother me in neither was in the team. I certainly wouldn't have both in the starting 11 

• Like 1

If he loses the Milan Baros headless chicken personna then he may start to improve.

It's okay having flash silky skills etc and ball to feet like a magnet thing, but if there is nothing that comes of it as an end product in a game then it's all a bit pointless really.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Literally the ONLY player we have that goes round people, makes runs into the box.

if we didn't have him we would literally never get it passed Westwood.

he ends up receiveing the ball far to deep as we rely on him too much, he almost always has 2 men on him so can get crowded out.

best player we have. 

Needs to be played as a no.10... when the time calls, depending on opposition. There's enough games in this league to satisfy varying forward lines ffs. 

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

if there is nothing that comes of it as an end product in a game then it's all a bit pointless

If that were true, then I'd agree. But there is end product. A couple of goals, a penalty won, chances created for others. A lot of free kicks won, in dangerous positions, due to him being fouled.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

If that were true, then I'd agree. But there is end product. A couple of goals, a penalty won, chances created for others. A lot of free kicks won, in dangerous positions, due to him being fouled.

Yes I do agree Blandy, but he is not showing his true potentially like we all know he has, only little glimpses of it. He can definitely offer more than he currently is.

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes I do agree Blandy, but he is not showing his true potentially like we all know he has, only little glimpses of it. He can definitely offer more than he currently is.

In fairness some of our players are so static and had that not been the case then he may well have created more chances. As Blandy said he has a couple of goals, a couple of assists, got the penalty in the last game and has won numerous free kicks in dangerous positions.

I wish he was a little more confident sometimes and really drove at players and got into the box more as if he did, as shown on Saturday, he is either likely to get fouled or will score more goals/create more chances. He is also hesitant in shooting at times when he gets into some good positions. It is all down to confidence though as he certainly has the ability.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How could anyone show anything in that team and the way they're playing though. 

Â