The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

46 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Needs to be played behind the strikers. Likes to dribble but not enough pace to be on the wing.

england U21s played him there in the week, created 3 goals, won MOTM, we stick him back out on the wing and wonder why he goes missing

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Yeah just mccormack. Thought grealish and kodjia were both lucky to avoid punishment.

In fact I'm fairly certain the ref was saying '26 has already been booked' when he was speaking with his assistant. 

Edited by Woodytom

On 10/15/2016 at 23:54, jackbauer24 said:

I'm seriously getting fed up with Grealish. He's just a boy and clearly not ready for grown up football. He may dance past other skinny, lightweight under 21s but when it comes to competitive football he's a 5 minute a game player. He does nothing but win the occasional foul. The rest of the time he plays the wrong ball, runs down blind alleys, gets dispossessed with ease, points and sulks or has a tantrum when he's been comfortably tackled. Same today (against Wolves), one run and stupid tackle and we win a penalty - rest of the game he offered zero end product, zero composure, zero shots, zero creation. Needs droppingas he's a luxury we can't afford, especially with our midfield.

Ayew needs to come in for him. Yes he's selfish too but he's technically better, physically stronger and much more creative and a handful for strikers.

This is the Championship, yet our 'prodigy' is hardly taking games by the scruff of the neck and dominating them. Would have swapped him for a number of Wolves players today. Bored of the local boy superstar hype, start performing for whole games anda few in a row and not just relying on a semi final performance from ages ago and the occasional good performance with other children for England. 

I think that is quite a brave post, but needs to be said.

I also think its one most of us think but are reluctant to say in fear of peeing ourselves off.

Despite him capable of disrupting the opposition to create/score a goal....He goes missing for far too long a period in this league.

He is one of those enigma's ......with his current level of contribution, he is a bench/impact player for me at best.....when we haven't got the ball he is a liability, he could be deemed as an outlet, but too hit and miss, you want players who are " at it" .....who make themselves a damn nuisance to the opposition....sadly Jack does that for 10 minutes.

He could develop his industry....but I am unsure.

Edited by TRO

How amny great games has he had for us? I can only think of three Blose, Liverpool in the cup and Rotherham. Other than that he has not really done much. Very over-rated in my eyes 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

england U21s played him there in the week, created 3 goals, won MOTM, we stick him back out on the wing and wonder why he goes missing

One day a manager at this club will realise this 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Farlz said:

One day a manager at this club will realise this 

I think the only time I have seen him play central he's been lumbered with a statue playing in front of him...grealish going missing half the time is part of a bigger problem with our piss poor movement and attacking selections, stick 2 runners up top with him behind and then see what he can do, instead we're shoe horning all our attackers in and look completely imbalanced

with him banned we'll no doubt play ayew or kodjia as a winger, or drop McCormack in to an attacking midfield role and wonder why none of them look any good either

its not as simple as "he's shit" 

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Deserves his ban for another act of petulance... 

i hope he grows up soon as he could be a half decent player. 

On the plus side, it gives Bruce a very current and very concrete thing to discuss with him, regarding his role, responsibilities and behaviour, which might be a productive discussion.  The kind of thing managers in any workplace would try to use as a learning experience for someone.

• Like 1

Â