The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm seriously getting fed up with Grealish. He's just a boy and clearly not ready for grown up football. He may dance past other skinny, lightweight under 21s but when it comes to competitive football he's a 5 minute a game player. He does nothing but win the occasional foul. The rest of the time he plays the wrong ball, runs down blind alleys, gets dispossessed with ease, points and sulks or has a tantrum when he's been comfortably tackled. Same today (against Wolves), one run and stupid tackle and we win a penalty - rest of the game he offered zero end product, zero composure, zero shots, zero creation. Needs droppingas he's a luxury we can't afford, especially with our midfield.

Ayew needs to come in for him. Yes he's selfish too but he's technically better, physically stronger and much more creative and a handful for strikers.

This is the Championship, yet our 'prodigy' is hardly taking games by the scruff of the neck and dominating them. Would have swapped him for a number of Wolves players today. Bored of the local boy superstar hype, start performing for whole games anda few in a row and not just relying on a semi final performance from ages ago and the occasional good performance with other children for England. 

There is not much more to add really other than he also slows down attacks when he takes all of the momentum out of them as he receives the ball then proceeds at walking pace towards the defender before either trying to take him on and losing it or just passing it back. 

I think his best moments have always come like yesterday's penalty when he just continues to press forwards and go for the byeline but he hardly ever does. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

If Grealish could cross it'd be fantastic. Instead he just cuts inside and 8 times out of 10 runs into someone and loses the ball.

When was there ever anyone to cross the ball into? 

Only option was to cut inside, if he hadn't he'd be turning round and passing back the the defence.

We have Grealish, McCormack and Ayew who all wan't to occupy the same area of the pitch. Can't for the life of me understand what Di Matteo and whoever else was involved in recruiting this summer was thinking.

Grealish is not a winger, nor is Ayew.

2 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

If Grealish could cross it'd be fantastic. Instead he just cuts inside and 8 times out of 10 runs into someone and loses the ball.

He isn't a winger. Put him behind a striker or two and get him playing off them.

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

He isn't a winger. Put him behind a striker or two and get him playing off them.

We have three players capable of that and for me he is third in terms of order

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Richard said:

We have three players capable of that and for me he is third in terms of order

Who are the three?

I'd put him ahead of McCormack, simply because Jack needs to learn the game. The other one is?

Just now, Richard said:

Ayew

Ayew isn't one for behind the strikers. Not in my opinion anyway.

Ayew - Kodija

Grealish - McCormack/Adomah

Westwood - Jedinak - Tshibola

^ Think we need to play something similar to that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Poor mans Lee Hendrie

Lee was twice the player! My eyes are really being opened to the standard of player we have been used to over many years and it has always been quite high.

Now we are full of championship standard players, it is really hard to watch and Jack struggles to reach and acceptable standard for this division...Hendrie

at the same age was competing against the best in the premier league!

Edited by MarkLillis
missing word

Needs to do more besides the team training he does. Needs to get on a serious tailored weights program. Weak as piss water when going past players, then whinges and moans when he ends up on his arse after being fairly dispossessed of the ball. Following villa since '93, we've had a much higher calibre of player than this lad. My God how we've fallen.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Needs to do more besides the team training he does. Needs to get on a serious tailored weights program. Weak as piss water when going past players, then whinges and moans when he ends up on his arse after being fairly dispossessed of the ball. Following villa since '93, we've had a much higher calibre of player than this lad. My God how we've fallen.

Very true, I don't think we would have had any such problems back then about Dean Saunders having 5 kids and being totally shit, or Andy Townsend on Hippy crack after being found legless in Amsterdam.

Footballers are treated far too superior like babies for my liking these days and the money involved in the game is totally unjustifiable!

IMO this guy should not be anywhere near the first time. People speak of him like he is a Brummie Maradonna, - For me, He is a useless little shit, jumped up over paid Premadonna.

• Like 1

Â