The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Do us a favour.........

No wonder your post count is through the roof if this is the pointless nature of your replies.

Why no elaboration? You clearly have an idea surrounding how Grealish and players alike should carry themselves, so please... (Please bare in mind that its 2015)

Edited by Callum

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

No wonder your post count is through the roof if this is the pointless nature of your replies.

Why no elaboration? You clearly have an idea surrounding how Grealish and players alike should carry themselves, so please... (Please bare in mind that is 2015)

Why no elaboration? You really need me to elaborate on why I might disagree with you when you say that il never experience the hard work and sacrifice that jack grealish has put in?

Edited by Woodytom

30 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Have to disagree BOF.

Like many pointed out in the summer 'being passed out on the road is completely different and pointed to a general behaviour and not a one off'.

I don't think that's jumping to conclusions. That's having a valid opinion. Not rocket science to see that the summer antics weren't a one off.

At the point in the summer when he was passed out, what else was there that pointed to a 'general behaviour' ?  What else made it more than a one-off?  At that point it was a one off.  So it was jumping to conclusions. 

1 minute ago, BOF said:

At the point in the summer when he was passed out, what else was there that pointed to a 'general behaviour' ?  What else made it more than a one-off?  At that point it was a one off.  So it was jumping to conclusions. 

The extent at which he was passed out.

The other pictures - with the large bottle of vodka.

Edited by Woodytom

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

The extent at which he was passed out.

The other pictures - with the large bottle of vodka.

The other pictures happened after the first kangaroo court, hence my question at the time of being passed out it was a one-off, but conclusions were still jumped to.  To use your phrase, it is not rocket science.  The timing of the events and the reactions were very telling.

14 minutes ago, Callum said:

Pathetic. Leave the lad alone now, barely done anything. Singing into a camera and sitting next to somebody inhaling no2, if it wasnt helium. 

Fed up of so many self righteous busy bodies poking their nose in and acting like completeeee jobsworths. 

Yes our seasons going badly, yes were angry, yes he is in a privilaged position but HE put himself in this job through harder work, sacrifice & dedication than most of you ever will ever experience. 

While Jack is an ambassador for the club while he's at work, outside of work its absolutely chuff all to do with anyone how he holds himself.

If you honestly think Jack staying cooped up inside of a weekend and sacrificing his social ties after a weeks tough training is going to help his performances, then wake up. 

Dip in form? Puh-lease, you could put ANY single player in our squad at the moment and they'll look shit. 

Never known anything like it, honestly...

Ignoring your snarky at best dig over the page here is a breakdown

1) Regardless of what he did or didn't do the issue is what his behaviour represents. Whether you think heading out on the piss after a 4-0 stuffing where you personally swanned around doing very little for 74 minutes is acceptable or not - it demonstrates a staggering lack of awareness towards the feelings of fans and (although we don't know for sure) the management. It also shows you learned absolutely nothing from the summer where the media reported you passed out in the street. 

2) He did put himself there but to accuse an entire fan base of not working as hard as or sacrificing enough is crass at best and utterly disgusting at worse. Jack is in an exceptionally privileged position at 20 he earns in a week what the average person earns in a year. To demonstrate some social awareness or basic humility is not much to ask, especially when your wages are funded by the public - either by Sky subs or ticket sales. 

3) What he does outside of "work" reflects on the club just as much as what he does on the pitch. See the lawyer recently sacked for mouthing off about Liverpool fans as an example.

4) Yes. We are. No-one is saying he can't enjoy his life but again - earning what he does and having the profile that he does requires him to make certain choices. Earning the money he does he should be more than prepared to sacrifice a few drinks and a few nights out. If he wants a "normal" existence of a 20 year old  he is in the wrong career. Jack should be aspiring to be Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain. Young, talented and more than able to keep their noses clean away from the sport. Its not hard. 

You're new here - and without wishing to do the Mods work for them you might want to re-read the house rules again and consider the tone you are adopting. :thumb: 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The other pictures happened after the first kangaroo court, hence my question at the time of being passed out it was a one-off, but conclusions were still jumped to.  To use your phrase, it is not rocket science.  The timing of the events and the reactions were very telling.

I'm not sure where the issue is here? Even if people were jumping to conclusions.... they were right. 

I'm not saying ppl should be recognised for being right, nor am I suggesting you're criticising them for jumping to conclusions, but at the end of the day, they were right so I'm not sure what there is to even debate here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm not sure where the issue is here? Even if people were jumping to conclusions.... they were right. 

The issue is that jumping to conclusions at the time is not the right thing to do, even if hindsight ends up proving you right at some point in the future.

• Like 1

For the moment I'm not overly concerned. Not the smartest thing to do especially considering the precarious situation we find ourselves in currently.

Having said that, 1 or 2 more "headlines" like this and I'll be wondering if we have Michael Johnson mk2 on our hands

Â