The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I'd have him back on a free on 80k a week max

He has earned his money. He can come back for  £1 a week and do it for the love like Perisic has . 

He will have already earned £60 mill net from his move. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Haha 1

I would only take him back if its a free transfer and he is one of our lowest paid players. If that's really his dream to play for us again he will take it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He ain't coming back lol... He's still got what 3 years left on his current deal, earning 300k a week. We ain't paying the fee or the wages City and him would want. 

It's a shame for us he went when he did, but it was what he wanted. He didn't want to be here, he wanted guaranteed trophies now, not tomorrow.

He's moved on, we've moved on..... and definitely for the better now, although it's taken time to see it.   

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would only take him back if its a free transfer and he is one of our lowest paid players. If that's really his dream to play for us again he will take it

I’ll only take him back if he apologises for being pivotal in having them be able to laugh at us more… if he apologises for us not being allow to sing “Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that” because of him… if he apologises for making those overweight, uneducated worthless excuses of DNA happy… and takes a parting shot at Man City… insults their fans, the club, the owners, Pep, anyone else who has ever shown any shred of admiration for them… 
I’ll forgive him if, when he leaves City, he leaves a sour taste in their rat bastard mouths…

but he won’t do that… he’s far too concerned with Brand Grealish…

Edited by DJ_Villain
Poor grammar
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 10/12/2023 at 11:10, Pinebro said:

Enjoyed Pep smacking him in the head

It would have derailed his career, but I honestly thought he was going to clatter Pep yesterday. You could feel it coming on.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Am I the only one that saw something quite balanced between the two of them? Ferguson always used to bollock the 'big' characters, granted in the dressing room not on the pitch, because it sent a bigger message to the others. Likewise, Jose. I remember JG talking about players, saying some need a bollocking, others need an arm round em (Merse I think I from memory).

I don't see it as an issue between Pep and Jack at all, as much as I dislike Pep. I see a manager trying to get the best out of someone. The classic "I'll prove you wrong" response. Some folks need that.

Edited by T-Dog

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I thought he was poor enough tonight but more because pep has made him afraid to shoot or take anyone on. 

I thought so too. No spark at all (even if McCoist is doing his best to gaslight us all into believing he had a great game).

Is it just me or does it look like he's aged 10years in just a season or two? 

Been a while since I've seen him play, looks decent, but not what he was.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought so too. No spark at all (even if McCoist is doing his best to gaslight us all into believing he had a great game).

On the international broadcast Lee Dixon was pretty much constantly criticising him, particularly for not moving the ball with pace.

• Like 1

It’s funny and I may have commented this before but really doesn’t fit into City. 

I’d imagine the majority of their matches are like this - constant low blocks in the final third and you can kind of see the difference when him and Doku are on different flanks. 

Doku was far more direct and ready to take Digne on while Grealish drew out defenders for space between Konsa and the next defender. 

He’s wasted as a winger and his primary strength, carrying the ball through challenges, is hardly ever on display. 

7 hours ago, djdabush said:

On the international broadcast Lee Dixon was pretty much constantly criticising him, particularly for not moving the ball with pace.

The bloke is a helmet, he is always moaning, him and Danny Murphy should make a podcast called grumpy old men 🤣 all they do is moan!

9 hours ago, DJBOB said:

He’s wasted as a winger and his primary strength, carrying the ball through challenges, is hardly ever on display. 

I've said it for ages, he doesn't have the pace to be a winger. He isn't fast enough to scare full backs. His best position is central but he never gets to play there. 

29 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just seems very reluctant to shoot to me

He takes too long to shoot and was the same with us. Had some memorable shots from around the edge of the box when he had plenty of time to wind up, but the difference between he and Foden shooting is the release of the shot.

For as unpredictable he can be on the dribble, his shooting is painfully predictable so unless he really sells his marker and there's no one else to cover - he gets a lot of them blocked.

Edited by DJBOB

Thought he had Konsa on toast all game and played in Alvarez and Silva many times with those reverse through balls that Ollie used to also waste for us.

His shooting has always been hilariously bad though, except weirdly enough when he volleys it. He's scored some cracking volleys but when he has to cut inside and shoot it's almost always blocked or rolled tamely into the keeper's arms.

• Like 3

Â