The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This is what drives me mad, and I've said it here before. We spent years as Villa fans defending Grealish from this same criticism because it isn't his game.

Now the same fans are using it as a stick to beat him with. It's really weird.

It can be his game to be fair, his last season with us he got 6 goals and 12 assists in 27 appearances. I think that's when he's at his best. It doesn't seem to be his role at City anymore though. He's just there to keep the game flowing it seems, which is kind of a waste.

Haaland does many things.

One of those is really help Jack Grealish - City no longer need to produce 32 short passes to bemuse, befuddle and bewitch defences before sliding in a dagger - they're able to swing a big old broadsword, they can break from deep, they can get in to the corners and get balls into the box, they can run into the space he creates and us him as a screen - essentially, City can now do all the things that Grealish is really, really good at.

With Haaland, they play differently and I think he'll thrive on that.

Haaland up front with Grealish, De Bruyne and Foden behind him is quite something and he belongs in that group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Grealish has been brilliant in the last few games.

Nice to see him back to his best.

Especially last night, Copenhagen were poor but it was more open for Jack and City were playing more direct. He did everything but score and came very close a few times. He’s never gonna be a prolific scorer but for everything else he’s really got into a groove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Especially last night, Copenhagen were poor but it was more open for Jack and City were playing more direct. He did everything but score and came very close a few times. He’s never gonna be a prolific scorer but for everything else he’s really got into a groove.

Watch Pep bench him for a few games and ruin his rhythm that he's building up.

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It can be his game to be fair, his last season with us he got 6 goals and 12 assists in 27 appearances. I think that's when he's at his best. It doesn't seem to be his role at City anymore though. He's just there to keep the game flowing it seems, which is kind of a waste.

Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't be getting any. He obviously should.

It's just the point blank dismissal of any good performances because he didn't get a goal or assist that is strange coming from fans who defended him from that very criticism previoulsy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't be getting any. He obviously should.

It's just the point blank dismissal of any good performances because he didn't get a goal or assist that is strange coming from fans who defended him from that very criticism previoulsy

yep, if you went way back through this thread and saw comparisons between villa's grealish vs mason mount or raheem sterling from an england call up perspective there would be a few hundred posts in here detailing why grealish is more than that 

i think if you do a deep dive past his wiki page there are some stats such as Xa which hes second behind KDB but then id seen someone say that passes that lead to goal scoring actions or some such bollocks he comfortably leads their team

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, if you went way back through this thread and saw comparisons between villa's grealish vs mason mount or raheem sterling from an england call up perspective there would be a few hundred posts in here detailing why grealish is more than that 

i think if you do a deep dive past his wiki page there are some stats such as Xa which hes second behind KDB but then id seen someone say that passes that lead to goal scoring actions or some such bollocks he comfortably leads their team

Look at one of the goals in the champions league the other night.

Grealish receives the ball in his own half, dribbles all the way to the edge of the opponent's box, beating a couple of players as he goes, then plays a perfect ball wide to Mahrez who squares it and they score.

The goal was entirely made by Grealish. but because he didn't get the assist he can't have been excellent.

Weird behaviour

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, will87 said:

You scratch your head with Pep sometimes. Chasing the game and you make 1 sub in the 89th minute, and leave Grealish and Mahrez on the bench.

Unless he was worried about the counter attack given his defensive weaknesses. But it was the most obvious sub to make when you need someone to come on and work their magic.

1 hour ago, will87 said:

You scratch your head with Pep sometimes. Chasing the game and you make 1 sub in the 89th minute, and leave Grealish and Mahrez on the bench.

Peter never delivers in big games. That's why

Â