The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

N'zogbia was our best attacking player by miles v man city. What did lambert do? Take him off.

Low n behold, Nzogbia goes bk to being wank. Now I'm not excusing nzog and his attitude but we know he's a player that can be very effective if managed correctly. It's not ideal to be pandering to any player but I think at this stage, it's worth it with someone who can effect the game. So far, it's not evident that Grealish can effect the game in anyway shape or form.

I wonder if Grealish is being given a minimal amount of time as Lambert has veered from one extreme to the other with regard to young vs experienced players? Having spent two seasons circling the plughole with 'young and hungry' players we've now changed track with experience being our buzzword. N'Zogbia is experienced ergo he is better. A rather pavlovian response to two seasons of misery, but it would explain a lot.

Throughout his career, N'Zogbia has been consistently inconsistent and I don't foresee that changing. Grealish hasn't proven anything yet but he can't be any more anonymous than N'Zogbia on an off day. Give the boy a chance to prove something, even if it is only to put him on the bench and using him as a sub if N'Zogbia is having one of his frequent off days.

I wonder if Grealish is being given a minimal amount of time as Lambert has veered from one extreme to the other with regard to young vs experienced players? Having spent two seasons circling the plughole with 'young and hungry' players we've now changed track with experience being our buzzword. N'Zogbia is experienced ergo he is better. A rather pavlovian response to two seasons of misery, but it would explain a lot.

Throughout his career, N'Zogbia has been consistently inconsistent and I don't foresee that changing. Grealish hasn't proven anything yet but he can't be any more anonymous than N'Zogbia on an off day. Give the boy a chance to prove something, even if it is only to put him on the bench and using him as a sub if N'Zogbia is having one of his frequent off days.

The players were inexperienced but not that young.

But yes we need to be giving Jack more game time to show what he can do, was very surprised he wasn't even on the bench yesterday yet we had weiman and bent who both could play as main striker

He need to be starting games

Neither Gabby nor Weimann are wide players, Richardson is woeful and N´Zogbia is only playing for himself and offers very little end product.

We need role players who are good at their task. Grealish is good with the ball, creative, fearless and can beat his opponent in a one on one.

Same in central midfield we need to play Sanchez. He might not have shone so far but he has a clear role that he's god at and offers something Delph, Cleverly or Westwood doesn't.

As it stands now the midfield is ok but too similar and doesn't effetc the games enough. 

i think its a smart move to pick Ireland as he'll have a much better chance of playing international football.

If that's the case, I think ppl need to stop getting incredibly excited about his potential.
Am I missing something? Why does the country he declares for have anything to do with his potential, or lack of it?
Paul said that hel have a much better chance of playing for Ireland. I assume that he said this because Ireland are not as good as England/England have better players and more players.

My point is that if he is anything worth getting overly excited about, hel be able to get in either side.

That's quite a jump from what he said.

Well I'm not sure there are many reasons why it would be more likely he would play international football if he chose Ireland.

I think it was just a general point.

Whether you're Cristiano Ronaldo or Stevo985, you have more chance of playing International Football if you declare for Ireland at Grealish's age.

• Like 2

I would consider giving him a run centrally at the tip of a diamond.

We need to create more opportunities. If we can bring Sanchez in to anchor it, then that will give Westwood another 10-15 yards to make his passes higher up the pitch. Grealish at the tip offers something different from the similarities we have in midfield; guile.

We of course need Benteke and whoever plays up top to assist this by dropping deep/wide and generally getting busy, but I think Jack in that role would help.

Needs to start ahead of the waste of space that is N'Zogbia.

I'm not so sure. He's done nothing so far in a Villa shirt to suggest he deserves a start. In fact he's looked like a little boy lost.

I hope I'm wrong but he wouldn't be the first Villa youngster to be vastly overrated.

Needs to start ahead of the waste of space that is N'Zogbia.

I'm not so sure. He's done nothing so far in a Villa shirt to suggest he deserves a start. In fact he's looked like a little boy lost.

I hope I'm wrong but he wouldn't be the first Villa youngster to be vastly overrated.

While i do get what your saying about him not proving anything yet (althou i think he was excellent against Hull) i still think he should be given a chance since players like Gabby N'Zogbia, Richardson, and Weimann have proven time and time again they don't deserve to start

Edited by sne

i think its a smart move to pick Ireland as he'll have a much better chance of playing international football.

If that's the case, I think ppl need to stop getting incredibly excited about his potential.
Am I missing something? Why does the country he declares for have anything to do with his potential, or lack of it?
Paul said that hel have a much better chance of playing for Ireland. I assume that he said this because Ireland are not as good as England/England have better players and more players.

My point is that if he is anything worth getting overly excited about, hel be able to get in either side.

That's quite a jump from what he said.
Well I'm not sure there are many reasons why it would be more likely he would play international football if he chose Ireland.

I think it was just a general point.

Whether you're Cristiano Ronaldo or Stevo985, you have more chance of playing International Football if you declare for Ireland at Grealish's age.

Yeah I can see what your saying, but cristiano Ronaldo would just aim to the top IMO. Now, I'm not for one minute saying grealish needs to be as good as Ronaldo for us to get excited but for me, if he's thinking 'ill have more chance of playing for Ireland' (and there's nothing to suggest that he is), then he won't strike me as a player that il be getting excited about.

Â