The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I am not saying Jack is too small to play in the PL.

I am saying it is something he needs to get used to, the physicallity.

You are listing players who have played 100s of top flights games each.

Experienced seasoned professionals.

The comparison with them performing and Jack isn't even remotely right.

Edited by rodders0223

Jack was fantastic last night. It wasn't a one off either, he is consistently performing at a different class for the U21s. Even to the extent that last night Wolves fans were commenting in amazement he isn't getting first team time. Not that Wolves fans know best but it is high praise from opposition fans. I think he has to be considered. It isn't like we are firing on all cylinder's and I honestly think he can be a sensation in the Premiership.

• Like 3

Grealish should be starting games. Not making the odd squad / getting the odd run out off the bench. Why do we need to ease him in? He doesn't look lacking in confidence and would only get more confidence from playing. He's got the ability and is what we're crying out for in our team.

• Like 2

What sh*te players lack in ability, they make up in physicality, for example,' off the top of my head (there are probably better examples) they do this to 'cope' with players like jack and the physicality is somewhat of a leveller. Players with god given ability don't need to 'cope'.. they just play!

How a player who looks likely to do something everytime he touches the ball is not able to get into, at the very least, a matchday squad of a team who fail to create a decent goalscoring opportunity in over 300 odd minutes of football is beyond me.

Agreed

I am not saying Jack is too small to play in the PL.

I am saying it is something he needs to get used to, the physicallity.

You are listing players who have played 100s of top flights games each.

Experienced seasoned professionals.

The comparison with them performing and Jack isn't even remotely right.

What about Adnan Januzaj?

could he have done any worse than Agbonlahor. We had all possesion and just needed players that could beat a man or deliver a good cross or even pass forward

Unfortunately, these are three things that I saw Jack rarely attempt in his first team appearances for us. Though I'm not Lambert's biggest fan right now (who is?!), I don't think Grealish is ready to provide the spark that we want him to. He needs game time, but I don't think he should be starting just yet.

Sod it

Put him in the number 10 role behind Benteke against Spurs. In the short time he's spent on the pitch he's shown the ability to be constantly on the move finding pockets of space. He may just surprise spurs who know nothing about him.

Gabby and Weimanns kick and rush tactics certainly aren't going to surprise them.

could he have done any worse than Agbonlahor. We had all possesion and just needed players that could beat a man or deliver a good cross or even pass forward

Unfortunately, these are three things that I saw Jack rarely attempt in his first team appearances for us. Though I'm not Lambert's biggest fan right now (who is?!), I don't think Grealish is ready to provide the spark that we want him to. He needs game time, but I don't think he should be starting just yet.

In saying that its hard to judge a player who has only played 98 mins over 4 games.  Be barely warmed up when the game would be over.  And for them 10 mins against stoke he has done as much as Wienman has since last Christmas.

In saying that its hard to judge a player who has only played 98 mins over 4 games.  Be barely warmed up when the game would be over.  And for them 10 mins against stoke he has done as much as Wienman has since last Christmas.

Considering Weimann got the winner against Stoke.

• Like 1

So you think Weinmann should be on before Grealish at the moment then?

Didn't say that did I, you stated that Jack had done as much in 10mins at Stoke than Weimann has done for us since last Xmas, which obviously isn't true.

Just watched the AVTV highlights and looks like Jack was very good again.

I'm hoping that we take punt and just give him a start sometime soon, he deserves it I'm struggling to think he'd offer less than some of our more senior folk and I don't agree that one bad game (if he did have one) would decimate his confidence forever and ruin his career.

Didn't say that did I, you stated that Jack had done as much in 10mins at Stoke than Weimann has done for us since last Xmas, which obviously isn't true.

Well if you take it literally then you are correct, but it was not the point i was trying to make.

Â