The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Where has lambert, in that article, said Grealish "is not the answer"?

All he's said is that Grealish has a long way to go.

Which is true from what i've seen of him (which is admittedly no more than his brief appearances in the first team)

built like an 11 year old!!? have seen jack recently? I think its safe to say he hasn't missed a leg day for a while. ryan giggs build never seem to hold him back?

That was 25 years ago though, the majority of players in the PL nowadays are built like absolute tanks, even the skillful wingers.

The secret football (Dave Kitson ;) ) in his book commented on how the biggest problem with stepping up to the PL was not the skill or the pace, it was the physicallity.

built like an 11 year old!!? have seen jack recently? I think its safe to say he hasn't missed a leg day for a while. ryan giggs build never seem to hold him back?

That was 25 years ago though, the majority of players in the PL nowadays are built like absolute tanks, even the skillful wingers.

The secret football (Dave Kitson ;) ) in his book commented on how the biggest problem with stepping up to the PL was not the skill or the pace, it was the physicallity.

Ones a target man the other Jack is a skilful winger. His legs are huge and he's about the same build as Eden Hazard so all this talk of his build going against him is nonsense. If he was a CF I'd understand but he's not give him the ball to feet and his size won't be an issue. He's also had a very tough season in League 1 were he was kicked every where but still bounced back and I'd say he'd get more protection in the premier league the Hull game aside!! He's clealry too good for U21 football so he's being wasted IMO. He at least deserves a place on the bench if not starting.

• Like 1

Ones a target man the other Jack is a skilful winger. His legs are huge and he's about the same build as Eden Hazard so all this talk of his build going against him is nonsense. If he was a CF I'd understand but he's not give him the ball to feet and his size won't be an issue. He's also had a very tough season in League 1 were he was kicked every where but still bounced back and I'd say he'd get more protection in the premier league the Hull game aside!! He's clealry too good for U21 football so he's being wasted IMO. He at least deserves a place on the bench if not starting.

He is nowhere near the same build as Hazard. Hazard is a wonderful player, with pace, balance and posie, but even muscle wise he is still a beast. I have watched players bounce off him.

Jack is nowhere near that.

It's not about getting kicked, it's been strong enough to ride challenges, go past people.

I would have him on the bench,no doubt and introduce him for the last 20 minutes like we did against Hull, picking and choosing the right games.

I just don't think he is the answer to our problems, yet.

Edited by rodders0223

Oh this myth that you need to be a physical god to play in this league, what utter rubbish.

Agreed, its like the line of "yeah, but could Messi [insert other wonderful but small player] do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?!".

Dave Kitson struggled with the Premier League because he was shit.

Edited by Ads
  • Like 1

Oh this myth that you need to be a physical god to play in this league, what utter rubbish.

Agreed, its like the line of "yeah, but could Messi [insert other wonderful but small player] do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?!".

Dave Kitson struggled with the Premier League because he was shit.

No you don't need to be a physical God, you need to have some physicality though, unless you are one of the greatest players of all time, like Messi.

I don't think Grealish is Messi.

He is nowhere near the same build as Hazard. Hazard is a wonderful player, with pace, balance and posie, but even muscle wise he is still a beast. I have watched players bounce off him.

Jack is nowhere near that.

It's not about getting kicked, it's been strong enough to ride challenges, go past people.

I would have him on the bench,no doubt and introduce him for the last 20 minutes like we did against Hull, picking and choosing the right games.

I just don't think he is the answer to our problems, yet.

He is strong enough to go past people he's shown that in league 1 last year and in his fleeting appearances this year. Jack, Hazard and Stering are roughly the same height and weight so it's not a physical thing. He'll naturally fill out and even though he may not be the answer yet he can't do any worse than those playing in front of him at the minute. I think the only reason he doesn't get picked is he doesn't defend as well as others and for him that's a joke and sums up Lambert.

• Like 2

Oscar, Hazard, Silva, Walcott are hardly physical specimens and seem to be coping ok

They are all top class players.

His point is pretty obvious isn't it?

That you don't need to be a physical beast to play in the PL, no, I understand and agree with that.

I am not sure how that applies to Jack though, the players listed are all top class players, their ability sees them through.

Do I think Jack has the ability of Hazard?

Â