The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

All just confirms that inhouse Jack is talking about what he may/may not do. Clearly flirting with the idea to the point that the other players think/know he’ll be going. Be nice if he took to his twitter and ended all speculation and said this is my club, which im lucky enough to captain, you must be crazy if you think id leave. Instead we got a like of him in a Man Utd shirt

But if we go down he will go so doing this is a bad idea, for now. Stay up and come summer it’s a different story. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

reminds me of patrick berger talking about gareth barry. not quite as bad, but along similar lines

Berger pretty much said Barry should go to Liverpool. Was a lot worse that was

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Berger pretty much said Barry should go to Liverpool. Was a lot worse that was

he said jack has a decision to make in the summer. last i checked jack's got 3 years left on his contract and to our knowledge no bid has been accepted, so he has no decision to make

it's not as bad as berger, but certainly same ball park

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The fact we are in the relegation zone, when one of our players stats are off the charts and equivalent to some of the premiership's and Europe's best.......shows just how poor the rest of the team has been tbh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Really interesting looking at the names in that list, not all number 10s given some of the strikers on there and quite a few of those flopped in England. Can remember Campana barely getting a game at Crystal Palace although he was as far away from a Pulis central midfielder as you could get.

Probably the most realistic one we could go for would be Rodrigo De Paul who plays for Udinese and frequently gets called up by Argentina. Been playing to a decent standard in Serie A for a fair few seasons now although you suspect Watford will be first in the queue with how it works.

Luis Alberto has great assist record for Lazio (was at Liverpool same time as Aspas was but barely played) but I suspect he'd go to a CL club given Lazio will qualify for that themselves.

Certainly not many we could sign from those above which shows how difficult it will be to replace Jack when the team comes.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

“ first and foremost he keeps us up”! Do you see the problem in those words? It comes across as the other players looking to Grealish to get results, rather than themselves. That’s a huge problem as far as I’m concerned, and needs to be eradicated with haste. Ffs, where is the personal pride and responsibility?

That's the bit that really bothered me.

I guess @Tomaszk was right all along and his mentality is dreadful.

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think we were linked with Canales and ended up with Gil

He's in that lovely to watch but underachieving Real Betis team. Infact it's a complete midfield of failed prem transfer targets with William Carvalho and Nabil Fekir either side of him (ageless Andres Guardardo also an option).

Perhaps Fekir is an option but he has big fitness issues these days.

Conor’s comments are sadly reflective of the loser mentality that has been allowed to cripple Aston Villa’s progress for decades. One of the most concerning things is that the club clearly didn’t give a Conor a wrap on the knuckles after the first interview and this type of behaviour seems acceptable. 

Villa fans defending this mentality from Conor is equally depressing. Most Villa fans are sickened to see Aston Villa players fuelling speculation about our best player leaving. Our sole focus should be staying up, keeping our best players and building for the future. Is it that crazy to suggest a player earning millions every year might actually be motivated to stay at the club he supposedly loves and aim for long term success with that club. Or is professional sport now beyond such a concept. Most amateur sports people I know would rather quit their game than move to a rival club. 

Conor should know better too, coming from the same place as Roy Keane. Imagine someone like Roy Keane coming out with comments like this. We desperately need to get back to a position where it means something to play for Aston Villa. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He is entering his peak. He needs to be playing at the top level and in Europe now. Not in 5-6 years time.

Why does he need to be playing in Europe now? He’s from Birmingham. He’s an Aston Villa player who apparently loves the club. Maybe it would mean something to him when he retired and he has helped restore Aston Villa as a force in English football. Why would he want to play in Europe with a team like Man United, who most Aston Villa supporters despise? Why is the default position that any good player is too good to be at Aston Villa and needs to leave for personal gain?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Why does he need to be playing in Europe now? He’s from Birmingham. He’s an Aston Villa player who apparently loves the club. Maybe it would mean something to him when he retired and he has helped restore Aston Villa as a force in English football. Why would he want to play in Europe with a team like Man United, who most Aston Villa supporters despise? Why is the default position that any good player is too good to be at Aston Villa and needs to leave for personal gain?

Brilliant.  

Conner , to me I think it's one thing to compliment your team mates another to be so in awe it all points to a team who are so reliant on on player they don't function correctly ..as we have seen

It's another reason we miss McGinn because he links well with Grealish but has enough about him to take the game on himself make things happen.

As for Jack we know he loves the club , watch the interview with him on the OS with him answering questions if we stay up he stays 100% he won't push to go and Purslow know his value on and off the pitch.We go down it's very tricky to keep him as the financial loss now is so much greater with a season likely with  no fans in the championship and he would hope to play the Euro's next season , no chance Southgate picks him playing for us in Championship. 

3 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Why? If you take your Villa glasses off and try to put your self in his position.

Your football career is a short one. He is entering his peak years. Should he sign for a top side and challenging for titles, playing for England or stay at Villa battling relegation?

We all want him to stay and i am included in that but if you look at it at a neutral standpoint he 100 % should move.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why? If you take your Villa glasses off and try to put your self in his position.

Your football career is a short one. He is entering his peak years. Should he sign for a top side and challenging for titles, playing for England or stay at Villa battling relegation?

We all want him to stay and i am included in that but if you look at it at a neutral standpoint he 100 % should move.

I would agree with you if we were talking about Milner or Young, neither of whom had any emotional connection to Villa. But it’s different with Grealish. Does a Villa supporter grow up dreaming of winning titles with Man United and Liverpool? It’s a big if, but if we manage to stay up this year, Villa is a club on the rise and Grealish could go on to have a great career with Villa and England. If he does move and wins some titles with the likes of Man United, how much will they mean to him when he’s 40 and back home with his Villa family. They would be meaningless to me but I’m not a professional sportsperson. Only he knows but as Villa fans we should at least be able to come with some arguments for why he should stay. And this tripe from Hourihane again today has seriously annoyed me. 

1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I would agree with you if we were talking about Milner or Young, neither of whom had any emotional connection to Villa. But it’s different with Grealish. Does a Villa supporter grow up dreaming of winning titles with Man United and Liverpool? It’s a big if, but if we manage to stay up this year, Villa is a club on the rise and Grealish could go on to have a great career with Villa and England. If he does move and wins some titles with the likes of Man United, how much will they mean to him when he’s 40 and back home with his Villa family. They would be meaningless to me but I’m not a professional sportsperson. Only he knows but as Villa fans we should at least be able to come with some arguments for why he should stay. And this tripe from Hourihane again today has seriously annoyed me. 

Rooney also loved Everton but did he make the wrong decision by going to Man Utd? You'd be an absolute nutcase if you said yes.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Rooney also loved Everton but did he make the wrong decision by going to Man Utd? You'd be an absolute nutcase if you said yes.

Fair point! 👍 Anyway, I think staying up is bigger than Grealish or any other player. If we can get a second season in this league, I believe we are on the rise, with or without Grealish. 

1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Barry was closest to Grealish in recent times. Played for us for well over 10 years and clearly loved it here. Was also regularly getting picked for England so that wasn't a problem anymore. Got to 27 when he serious decided it was time to move on although it took another 12 months for him to actually move.

Jack isn't miles off that point now, 25 in September and we're miles off the level we were in Barry's last two seasons here, players, manager, mentality, everything.

4 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

The top players usually want to play for their country, compete at the top level (Europe) and win titles.  Top players are driven by desire and most are not going to be satisfied fighting relegation battles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â