The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It may convenient to just " move on"......but I think this will remain in the archives of many supporters minds.

In terms of his judgment and being strong willed.....I think he has marked his card with many.

Just now, DCJonah said:

And lets be honest, if he hadn't crashed his car and made it home does anyone think he'd have regretted his actions? Or would he probably have done it again 

No... He'd just be the same as every other footballer in the country ;)

Just now, DCJonah said:

And lets be honest, if he hadn't crashed his car and made it home does anyone think he'd have regretted his actions? Or would he probably have done it again 

Not for a second. It’s the only one the public know about and not necessarily the only time he’s been out living it up.

If he wasn’t breathalysed he can’t be nicked for DD. He’s put his hands up to being a mindless idiot and I can’t see what else he can do. I think he’s embarrassed and has probably lost a lot of support from fans. However the nature of the beast is that if and when we get playing again he’ll be forgiven if he plays well and slaughtered if he doesn’t. This will be a big stick to beat him with whenever things aren’t going well.

It’s hard to have any sympathy for him and to be honest I won’t shed too many tears when and if he moves on. For the good of the club I obviously hope he plays well and we reap the benefits on the pitch and if the time comes in the transfer market too. In my eyes, whilst most teams are reliant on one or two top players, we have become over reliant on Jack and perhaps that hasn’t help him character wise. He’s 24 and his view of the world must be very different from most of us. That isn’t meant to be an excuse, but we all know that there’s too much at stake for the club to boot him out, even though that’s how I felt yesterday on first hearing this. 

This is a test for the club. Perhaps if he moves on it may now be for the best, perhaps that is now a process that has started behind closed doors? Either way handled properly and with the transfer fee spent wisely, perhaps it could be a blessing in disguise? Either way my loyalty has always and will always be to AVFC, not JG or any other individual. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As someone who has done one or two stupid things in life, I think you have to have a little empathy with the players position. He looks like he hasn't slept since yesterday and that he's cried his eyes out - he'll know more than anyone that he's been an idiot, that he's let himself and the club and all of us and all the kids that idolise him down, he'll know what that means for him and he'll know what a knob he'll look because of that - and he'll only be able to blame himself for it. That ain't a good place to be and it takes a little courage to come out and speak on it, directly, rather than through a press officer. 

I'm happy to call him whatever we want to call him, depending on what it transpires he's done, but I'm not going to put an extra kick into a 24 year old who's telling us how embarrassed he is and wearing the weight of his own foolishness on his shoulders.

He's been a wazzock. His face says he knows it.

I think I would have reacted that way when Jack was 19/20. (Indeed I did over the Tenerife incident.) However, the narrative he has created for himself is that he has grown up, become serious, become club captain, etc. An incident like this blows this story to pieces. I don’t think he needs anyone else to kick him. He has managed to do that more than adequately for himself.

• Like 3

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I still don’t get why McCormack would live in one of those flats. Surely he’s not burnt through his money and had to sell his house already. Maybe a pad he had for affairs/benders.

He left the house one day but couldn’t get back in again, bloody gates.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I still don’t get why McCormack would live in one of those flats. Surely he’s not burnt through his money and had to sell his house already. Maybe a pad he had for affairs/benders.

I'm surprised he still lives in Birmingham but not surprised if he has had to downsize.  As for Jack, what a clearing in the woods.  There isnt really any way for him to come out of this looking anything other than a right clearing in the woods.  Surely he will get sacked as captain.

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yep. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not for a second. It’s the only one the public know about and not necessarily the only time he’s been out living it up.

So then maybe this is a good thing in the long run for him so people around him with his best intentions at heart can give him a shake.

After rebuilding reputations after the passed out on holiday debacle he has chucked that all away with one bad choice and now going to have alot of time to mull it over .We should take the captaincy away but honestly I think that also might be good for him as well , I think they has having the armband has taken its toll as we have fallen apart as season as gone on.

Often compared to Gazza and if he doesn't sort himself out he will end up like him 

Never thought I'd say this about JG but what a prick. 

Sorry he got caught. 

The fact that he made the post about staying in hours before would have surely meant it was fresh in his mind and to then go out and try and drive whilst pissed. I'm sorry but there is no excuse.

Sod being young (24? Is that really that young) he will be media trained, have all he needs at home,  mentored -after his misdemeanors before - surely. No excuse

Get him volunteering in a hospital until he can play again. 

People making excuses for his behaviour are part of what is wrong with society today. 

• Like 2

Â