The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

From the Guardian:

West Midlands police said earlier on Monday that they had made arrangements to speak to the driver of the Range Rover “to obtain more details around the circumstances of the collision from the driver”. The force declined to confirm the identity of the driver. Sources close to the player say police have been in touch with him and do not envisage filing charges against him.

The force said: “We can’t confirm that at this stage.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m just telling you how your posts have come across. In my opinion. 

Your posts have sounded desperate for you to be right. You’ve been posting in here prolifically shouting down anyone trying to play it down or wait for the facts to come out. 

And You now sound desperate to be right about drink being involved. 

I just find it very strange behaviour to come across as so desperate to be right about something so gutting for all of us. 

you’re free to say what you want of course. But I’m free to say how it comes across. I didn’t say all you cared about was internet points. I said your post came across as an “I told you so” post. Hence my congratulations.

Because people are desperate to play it down because he plays for us. I find that ridiculous. 

I said it's not a huge leap to suggest drink was involved. Not sure how that displays desperation. 

Not desperate to be right. As I've said multiple times its more about this childish obsession with dismissing these sorts of acts because he's our captain. I don't think he deserves that. I think it's a sad part of society that people like him get that where others don't. He's done a shitty thing and should be called out on it. 

Yeah thanks for your congratulations. Like I said, I had you down as better. 

• Like 1

Haven’t read thread. 
Just now seen press report, “apology”, and Club Statement.

Prat. Needs to be punished appropriately and have Captaincy taken off him.. Not the worst thing I’ve seen people up to in this crisis, sets a  poor example, not the end of the World.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And lets be honest, if he hadn't crashed his car and made it home does anyone think he'd have regretted his actions? Or would he probably have done it again 

Spot on again mate, I said the same if he hadn't crashed his car he would do this again and again - Its actually a blessing that he did crash this time and didnt hurt anyone so that this stops future problems

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Jacks a bit of a twit. But looking at all the news in the world today. I’d put this pretty low down on what I’d consider worth spending any time on. The tabloids will jump on it, but they’re just a bunch of hypocritical mongrels anyway. 

You should be his PR adviser. He should have said all that in his video message.

I’m surprised anyone is backing him. He isn’t young. If I were to drink drive, crash into cars and walk away from the scene of a crime I would be fired from my job (and prevented from ever working in my profession again) and would never be allowed to live it down.

He doesn’t deserve protection or support because he’s a good footballer. He’s a grown man, with previous, and he clearly isn’t growing up and he clearly doesn’t respect those around him or what the country is going through to act like such a muppet.

At the very least he needs to be stripped of the captaincy. He doesn’t deserve it and he’s not a good role model. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cb_82 said:

Spot on again mate, I said the same if he hadn't crashed his car he would do this again and again - Its actually a blessing that he did crash this time and didnt hurt anyone so that this stops future problems

Do what again and again ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I still don’t get why McCormack would live in one of those flats. Surely he’s not burnt through his money and had to sell his house already. Maybe a pad he had for affairs/benders.

Funny enough my daughter came home from work a couple of weeks ago (in a cafe) and said we had a footballer in today dad, i asked who and turns out it was Mcormack - I was a bit baffled myself as thought I wonder what he was doing in there and where he lived - I know the answer now!!!!

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m surprised anyone is backing him. He isn’t young. If I were to drink drive, crash into cars and walk away from the scene of a crime I would be fired from my job (and prevented from ever working in my profession again) and would never be allowed to live it down.

He doesn’t deserve protection or support because he’s a good footballer. He’s a grown man, with previous, and he clearly isn’t growing up and he clearly doesn’t respect those around him or what the country is going through to act like such a muppet.

At the very least he needs to be stripped of the captaincy. He doesn’t deserve it and he’s not a good role model. 

Ah I’d missed the fact that he was drinking and driving. 
edit : there’s no mention of it ?

Edited by terrytini

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I dont think anybody is backing him well not on here, I think people are defending against the alleged drink driving and drug allegations

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Frank Lampard who abused a load of American tourists at Heathrow the day after 9/11 or Steven Gerrard who beat up a DJ for not playing his song

Knew none of these things you've all pointed out to be fair.

Although maybe I did, and have forgotten about them over time.

Point taken!

Guess they had to mature, as Jack has to!

1 minute ago, cb_82 said:

Funny enough my daughter came home from work a couple of weeks ago (in a cafe) and said we had a footballer in today dad, i asked who and turns out it was Mcormack - I was a bit baffled myself as thought I wonder what he was doing in there and where he lived - I know the answer now!!!!

im more baffled he still calls himself a footballer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Do what again and again ?

Sneek out and go round friends drinking during lockdown....

Hes not in training, hes young and he is bored.....Guaranteed if this hadn't of happen he would be out again during this week/weekend

Just now, cb_82 said:

Sneek out and go round friends drinking during lockdown....

Hes not in training, hes young and he is bored.....Guaranteed if this hadn't of happen he would be out again during this week/weekend

I see. Wasn’t sure what you meant. Yes, I suppose he might have.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I echo what Stevo said, it's maybe the amount of times you posted roughly the same message that came across badly.  The vast majority of posters have said it looks bad and were just waiting for confirmation and all the facts.  

And the people I was responding to were not. 

They were suggesting he was on his way to a training session. That he might not have been driving. That his car may have been stolen. That it was all a rumour started by a bluenose.

• Like 1

Â