The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Basically a season of bench warming. I don't think they'll offer him a new deal so he'll be on the move next summer with 12 months left. Can't see his situation changing much last season with Foden's form since xmas.

and he’s behind Doku too. 

I thought he might get a token 5-10 minute run yesterday but he didn’t even get that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He cost 100 million, he is the 7th highest transfer fee of all time and cant get a game

Of course its being discussed, he is the club record transfer for the richest club in the world and yet starts less than half the league games per season

Which says far more about man city and their transfer policy

£100mnon a player they didn't need or seemingly their manager didn't want and no one bats an eyelid 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

and he’s behind Doku too. 

I thought he might get a token 5-10 minute run yesterday but he didn’t even get that.

Basically a carbon copy of his first season as he was unused sub v us when they won it on final day in 2022.

They got a decent season out of him in the treble year but coming up to 30 so hard to see him getting back in and making a major impact.

Also got Savio coming in from Girona over the summer, not sure if he plays left or right but Grealish days are numbered there now unless he remodels himself as a central midfielder.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Basically a carbon copy of his first season as he was unused sub v us when they won it on final day in 2022.

They got a decent season out of him in the treble year but coming up to 30 so hard to see him getting back in and making a major impact.

Also got Savio coming in from Girona over the summer, not sure if he plays left or right but Grealish days are numbered there now unless he remodels himself as a central midfielder.

Man city are stock piling them too...

They already bought Phillips and didn't play him, they then bought the wolves guy and don't play him, now they're linked with paqueta or Bruno 

They've also got another argie teenager on the way 

They just buy whoever the **** they feel like 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which says far more about man city and their transfer policy

£100mnon a player they didn't need or seemingly their manager didn't want and no one bats an eyelid 

while understandable the player himself has flopped as well

The highlights of his City career is probably him celebrating drunk.cant think of 3 good football moments in a City jersey

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

while understandable the player himself has flopped as well

The highlights of his City career is probably him celebrating drunk.cant think of 3 good football moments in a City jersey

Depressing thing is instill don't think they bought him for football moments

They bought him for school kids in Kent to go get his hair cut 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think it's hard for us (Villa) to rationalise a massive transfer fee alongside not starting every game/contributing loads of goals and assists.

Grealish hasn't played as much this season as he has in past seasons for Man City - but, then, they brought in Doku who is basically a direct challenge/rotation option for his position.  Grealish has played the equivalent of 11 PL games this season, Doku around 16.  They've both been involved in getting Man City another title and, therefore, it's hard to really quantify either as a "flop" despite Grealish's (in particular) end product figures not being good at all (then again, they were never great at Villa and I always remember discussing him as the "assist before the assist" player).

He's played a lot for them (overall) and has helped them win a lot.  He's not a flop - but it feels weird discussing a £100m move such context.

If you take out names and clubs this could read like you're talking about Lenglet for us or something. Like you say, quite strange to be talking about a £100m attacker in this way.

Man city cheat, its that simple. What a sad sight it is to see one of the most exciting talents in English football become a city robot.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Man city cheat, its that simple. What a sad sight it is to see one of the most exciting talents in English football become a city robot.

This all day long. A maverick who Pep has turned into a robot.

I personally dont think these trophies he has won at city comes close to him feep doen to when he got promoted with us at villa.

You could see how much that meant to him and he was a massive part of that. All the stuff at city he has contributed to winning those trophies has been very minimal. 

He has been a flop for me and i still maintain that. Citeh should try cash in this summer as he might still have a couple seasons left to atrract other clubs. Cant see people paying the wages if they leave it to next summer and then he will just leave on a free 

12 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

This all day long. A maverick who Pep has turned into a robot.

But he knew this would happen, its how the cheat manages

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's funny, you can look at it in a couple of ways. On the one hand, I think if you'd said to a City fan before they'd signed him, 'this guy will cost you £100m but he'll be a crucial part of a team that wins the domestic + CL treble', they'd have bit your hands off and not considered that bad value for money at all. On the other hand, I think they'd also imagine that a guy who achieved that with them would be a damn sight better than he has been in the seasons around it. 

If he was downbeat yesterday, it may well be in part because he knows he didn't really contribute anything much to their success this season. 

Do you believe he played a crucial part? I think they are winning it all without him even in the squad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wonder how he'll be feeling about his career progression if he misses out on the England squad?

I honestly do not think he cares one bit

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This thread is so funny. Just full of completely made up takes

This. 

If we resigned him this summer everyone would be bashing one out for a week straight in excitement. I always laugh at how quick he went from hero to zero for a lot of posters on here 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This. 

If we resigned him this summer everyone would be bashing one out for a week straight in excitement. I always laugh at how quick he went from hero to zero for a lot of posters on here 😂

Its quite easy to see why people dont like him. Publicly revealed nearly signed United and Spurs while Mr Aston Villa

Anyway his skills have dwindled, he is finished and is not where we want to go. He be a sub here instead of a sub at City

• Like 3

Â