The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. This season Diaby will have more G+A than Jack's best PL season.  He will do that his first year in with Vila. Diaby will then, baring injury, go on to produce at that level or beyond for multiple seasons. 

No getting pissed on vacation, or hitting multiple stationary vehicles. 

Diaby will do all this while being compensated at a fraction of Jack's current wage packet. Jack was great, and we all loved him, but I honestly believe we have moved on and found something much better. 

Mental

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. This season Diaby will have more G+A than Jack's best PL season.  He will do that his first year in with Vila. Diaby will then, baring injury, go on to produce at that level or beyond for multiple seasons. 

No getting pissed on vacation, or hitting multiple stationary vehicles. 

Diaby will do all this while being compensated at a fraction of Jack's current wage packet. Jack was great, and we all loved him, but I honestly believe we have moved on and found something much better. 

And when Diaby is substituted he doesn't sulk and undermine the manager.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

And when Diaby is substituted he doesn't sulk and undermine the manager.

Grealish vs Newcastle was embarrassing. Was probably our most comfortable win that season

• Like 1

I really don’t get the hatred from some for Grealish. Yes his departure wasn’t handled in the best way, but it has undoubtedly helped us get to this point.

He helped drag us into the PL 4 years ago, and was one of the main reasons that we stayed in it the following year.

From a financial perspective the £100m of pure profit we brought in has helped build a squad that is now in 5th under a world class manager.

We had to sell the likes of Archer, Ramsey and Philogene for FFP reasons, and that is even with selling Grealish. But we’ve also been able to in the likes of Bailey, Buendia, Digne, Moreno, Kamara, Diaby and Torres since then, as well as Emery, and it’s impossible to say that we would have been better off not selling Grealish.

This is the best we’ve had things at our club in nearly 30 years and everything that has happened since NSWE has got us here, regardless of whether or not it was painful at the time.

Except bringing in Gerrard as manager. That arrogant scouse arsehole deserves everyone’s vitriol.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I really don’t get the hatred from some for Grealish. Yes his departure wasn’t handled in the best way, but it has undoubtedly helped us get to this point.

He helped drag us into the PL 4 years ago, and was one of the main reasons that we stayed in it the following year.

From a financial perspective the £100m of pure profit we brought in has helped build a squad that is now in 5th under a world class manager.

We had to sell the likes of Archer, Ramsey and Philogene for FFP reasons, and that is even with selling Grealish. But we’ve also been able to in the likes of Bailey, Buendia, Digne, Moreno, Kamara, Diaby and Torres since then, as well as Emery, and it’s impossible to say that we would have been better off not selling Grealish.

This is the best we’ve had things at our club in nearly 30 years and everything that has happened since NSWE has got us here, regardless of whether or not it was painful at the time.

Except bringing in Gerrard as manager. That arrogant scouse arsehole deserves everyone’s vitriol.

it's like a bad break up with a girlfriend. it hurts for a while but then you meet someone else that makes you just as happy and you forget all about your ex. like all bad break ups, some people remain bitter for longer. i hated him for a while, but kinda over it now. i get that there are many that are still pissed about it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's like a bad break up with a girlfriend. it hurts for a while but then you meet someone else that makes you just as happy and you forget all about your ex. like all bad break ups, some people remain bitter for longer. i hated him for a while, but kinda over it now. i get that there are many that are still pissed about it

Not only that, British people are also still pissed off about it. 

• Confused 1

Unai is a smart man, he'd definitely turn down a 100m player if he got on the blower and said he wants to come back home.

He knows you can only have one really good attacking player in football. That's just common sense.  

2 really good attacking players? That's insane Jeremy.

• Haha 1

@rjw63

Americans get pissed about things 

British people get pissed off about things 

Let this slip and we'll be describing Autumn as Fall before you know it. 

These Americanisms piss me off 

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I suppose when it came out that he was trying to leave the previous summers it soured a lot of people more. Plus his egotistical clearing in the woods Dad telling people he will come back later to help us as if we are a charity case

Plus he then went and dived vs us

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Unai is a smart man, he'd definitely turn down a 100m player if he got on the blower and said he wants to come back home.

He knows you can only have one really good attacking player in football. That's just common sense.  

2 really good attacking players? That's insane Jeremy.

he sent Coutinho to Qatar quick enough

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

@rjw63

Americans get pissed about things 

British people get pissed off about things 

Let this slip and we'll be describing Autumn as Fall before you know it. 

These Americanisms piss me off 

I could care less about this.

Sorry, that hurt writing that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 30/10/2023 at 23:29, Zatman said:

Didnt get a sniff of the Ballon Dor nominations for a 100 million pound player whose team won the treble is pretty poor

Wasnt that one of the reasons he left to be a world star

Nope, it was to make a shit ton of money and to win trophies. He's done both. 

Â