The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't have one, YOU were the one calling people deluded and I called you out on it.

The problem was yours remember? And now you are scrambling around blaming me for your comments and doing this pathetic dance!

Very strange brew...

No you called me out on not thinking other people were allowed to feel a certain way. Which I didn’t do.

I just called some things in this thread deluded. I didn’t have a problem. I was just stating my opinion. I don’t see what the issue is. That’s my opinion. You said yourself we’re all allowed an opinion

i really don’t see what your issue is. You know what deluded means don’t you?

Edited by Stevo985

On 21/04/2022 at 05:57, sidcow said:

I would far rather Liverpool won.  I hate them as much as the next man and grew up in their 70's and 80's dominance.  Had the plastic arrogant fans a decade before Yanaated.

But at least they are a massive club because of organic development, years of success based on good management that clawed them to the top of the pile.  Not some run of the mill club just handed a new stadium and given billions to buy their success on the whim of a despotic dictator stealing his peoples money and pissing it into the wind for his pleasure / sports washing.

Don't mean to take this off topic, especially since I fully agree with you here. But to be pedantic, despite how bad their foreign policy is or how they treat foreign workers, their own people are well taken care of and live better than 99% of us in the West. The sports washing is for the aforementioned foreign policy. Not that the average person even knows or cares about their involvement in Yemen et al, which I guess means that it's working?

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No you called me out on not thinking other people were allowed to feel a certain way. Which I didn’t do.

I just called some things in this thread deluded. I didn’t have a problem. I was just stating my opinion. I don’t see what the issue is. That’s my opinion. You said yourself we’re all allowed an opinion

i really don’t see what your issue is. You know what deluded means don’t you?

We still doing this Wow, ego...

And there was me thinking calling folks "deluded" was a little harsh, perhaps I'll need to look up a new 'Keyboard Warrior Code of Ethics'.

Pretty certain if you go around calling people deluded face to face you won't have too many friends; but then I presume it's OK over a forum?

And the purpose of a forum and even this thread is debate. The definition of deluded is to be believe in a false proposition and from what I can tell nobody is right or wrong in this thread we all have differences of opinion. To simply fire off and shout deluded doesn't really add much, hence my initial point. A thesaurus will help you...

Keep dancing, I'm out...

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
Spelling

17 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We still doing this Wow, ego...

And there was me thinking calling folks "deluded" was a little harsh, perhaps I'll need to look up a new 'Keyboard Warrior Code of Ethics'.

Pretty certain if you go around calling people deluded face to face you won't have too many friends; but then I presume it's OK over a forum?

And the purpose of a forum and even this thread is debate. The definition of deluded is to be believe in a false proposition and from what I can tell nobody is right or wrong in this thread we all have differences of opinion. To simply fire off and shout deluded doesn't really add much, hence my initial point. A thesaurus will help you...

Keep dancing, I'm out...

Jesus christ what on earth are you talking about :D 

• Like 2

On 21/04/2022 at 09:16, WakefieldVillan said:

Regardless of having a poor season (compared to the Villa Jack) he won't have any regrets at all and I would say we're deluded to think otherwise. 

Adding to the deluded debate that's going on - Not sure if the comment of being deluded was aimed at me - as I had been posting prior to the comment?

But just to reiterate my stance on the matter (if it was aimed at me) -

1) I for one do not think Jack in any way, shape or form is regretting his move to City.

2) I still think he is the same talented player he was when he was at Villa - But since his move he has not played anywhere near to his full capabilities and not doing the things he is great at. We all know the reasons for this (Pep's tactics/playing as a false nine/opposition with 10 men behind the ball ETC).

3) Some Villa fans will want him to do well still and go on and win a league or a champions league - I don't have a problem with that, he brought us so much joy watching him play for us, that won't be forgotten -  But I personally hope he doesn't. I want AVFC to be the best and I want the best players to want to play (& win things) with AVFC.

4) His contributions to any potential City success thus far is pretty minimal. You only have to go on their forums to see many have been disappointed with him.

5) I hope he plays in the World Cup like the (Villa) JG and hopefully brings England success.

• Like 2

He's doing ok, not amazing, not terrible.   

3 goals and 3 assists in 24 matches played.  Will probably win a Premier League and possibly a Champions League as well.  

Next season will probably have integrated into the team better, will get more assists and goals and will win more trophies.

£100m is a lot of money, but that's £20m a season. Maybe less per season if he stays longer than 5 years. 

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

3 goals and 3 assists in 24 matches played.  Will probably win a Premier League and possibly a Champions League as well.  

Next season will probably have integrated into the team better, will get more assists and goals and will win more trophies.

£100m is a lot of money, but that's £20m a season. Maybe less per season if he stays longer than 5 years. 

I still demand more from a 100 million player. I cant remember a City game he has dominated in compared to his Villa days

Compare to Bailey who cost 30 million yet has 1 goal, 3 assists in a new league and some on here labelling him a park player

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I still demand more from a 100 million player. I cant remember a City game he has dominated in compared to his Villa days

Compare to Bailey who cost 30 million yet has 1 goal, 3 assists in a new league and some on here labelling him a park player

Tells you more about some on here 😉

Again the problem with the goals and assists stats are that you won't have to venture too deep in to this thread to find villa fans defending him for poor stats because he did so much more but now apparently it's a stick to beat him with because he's not our player? Doesn't sit right with me

If you were to wheel out chances created stats, carries in to the penalty box stats etc then that's different (and I honestly don't know if there is a big drop off) 

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

Again the problem with the goals and assists stats are that you won't have to venture too deep in to this thread to find villa fans defending him for poor stats because he did so much more but now apparently it's a stick to beat him with because he's not our player? Doesn't sit right with me

If you were to wheel out chances created stats, carries in to the penalty box stats etc then that's different (and I honestly don't know if there is a big drop off) 

I dont think he has become shit and stats can be misleading but I dont think he is as influential as he could. I dont see him standing out and its a waste of a football talent

Then again this wouldnt be highlighted so much except the ridiculous transfer fee and he is our former player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Hes gone from being the best player at one club to being somewhere about halfway down that list at his new club.

That would probably take some adjustment for him, time will tell whether he's up to it.

Anyway, I'm not supposed to be in here

36 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hes gone from being the best player at one club to being somewhere about halfway down that list at his new club.

He's also trebled his wages and will win medals. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think the difference is that now he's a 100m player who plays as a second striker a lot of the time. You kind of do expect goals and assists from someone like that.

• Like 1

Â