The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

It ws bizzare when City were 4-2 up that Grealish didnt ccome up to keep hold of the ball, draw fouls and slow the game down. The Ideal player!  As well as Mahrez played he kept giving the ball away and was wasteful 

He doesn't keep the ball at City. All he does is pretend to try to find an opening, and then pass it backwards.

Sad, sad waste of a footballing talent.

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He doesn't keep the ball at City. All he does is pretend to try to find an opening, and then pass it backwards.

Sad, sad waste of a footballing talent.

Slightly disagree

I think what he does is push the defensive line deeper and then look to lay it off to cancelo or Bernardo who is then benefitting from the space that he's generated 

He doesn't take people on and cancelo in particular doesn't overlap but he picks the ball up with the line 40 yards from goal pushes it to 30 yards from goal and then goes backwards to the player pep actually wants on the ball 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

4 goals 3 assists for Coutinho vs 2 goals 2 assists for Grealish.

Chances created in open play per 90 mins? 

That's the stat that grealish was knocking around with Europe's big boys last season for us, that's the £100m stat 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chances created in open play per 90 mins? 

That's the stat that grealish was knocking around with Europe's big boys last season for us, that's the £100m stat 

2.4 for Jack and 1.8 for Coutinho. Jack is a bit further behind the pack than he was in the last 2 seasons. He's 5th this season.

Incidentally, Buendia is on 2.2 per game. His game is more about the key passes than Coutinho's to be fair. Phil is more about scoring and shot creating actions.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2022 at 05:02, Jareth said:

He took the money and the improved profile when he left Villa, he knew he'd be trading that for starting every game - don't see how it is not going according to plan for him. Greatest pity is that he didn't want to continue his trajectory, waste of a talent and with that level of money and fame he will never have the hunger to rekindle it. 

As a Villa fan, if I'd have had the chance to play for Villa, I'd have stayed with them as long as they wanted me. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

As a Villa fan, if I'd have had the chance to play for Villa, I'd have stayed with them as long as they wanted me. 

Talked about a lot last summer, I'd say the same but then it's easy to say the same, there's a level of detachment when its your profession that the majority of us won't understand 

Personally I'd say just about all the ex youth level pros I know and I've played with don't really support anyone, it's like playing has taken an edge off, they love football but they're not a manically obsessive fan like a "normal" person 

• Like 1

Â