The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The ball was perfect 

But honest that touch is insane, it's almost like he's gone with the wrong foot but the way he's taken it with his right across his body to take out the keeper and the defender is really high intelligence let alone technique 

The obvious thing for me would have been a heavy touch around the keeper

You won't see many players take that touch, it's sublime 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AV82 said:

You guys are gonna be so salty when this guy gets firing for City.

I'm waiting. He looks lost playing for City, positionally he doesn't know what to do.

For Villa he was a joy to watch, I'll still enjoy watching him if he gets some of that back, but no sign of it.

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I won't.

If I'm honest, in pretty much over the whole Grealidh thing, and really have no strong emotions either way anymore.

If he gets firing, fair play to him.

If not, hey, we got 100 mill.

Yes I’m the same tbh,  and I’m actually enjoying the focus on Aston Villa in the build up to our matches rather than discussing him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its Peterborough so that needs to be taken into account, but its a good goal, coolly taken by Grealish. Great ball from Foden. Glad Grealish looks to be over his injury. I want Man City to fail but obviously would never wish injury on a player.

Yep great touch and goal - gets a fawning piece in the Guardian. Nobody ever doubted his talents, just that City are a terrible fit 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AV82 said:

You guys are gonna be so salty when this guy gets firing for City.

I was salty the way he left and everything that came out about that.  Some will agree with me, some won’t and I’m not interested in discussing the pros and cons of that again, it’s old ground.

As for being salty now if he starts firing, not really!  For £100m he should be firing, that should be the base case…it’s expected. If he keeps flopping then I’ll laugh my head off.  It’s like walking down the street with a mate on the way to the next bar, walking from bar to bar if no incident then you don’t think about it but if your mate falls over you take the piss there and then and then you talk about it when you meet more mates at the next bar.  If next week nobody falls over you don’t even think about it.  He’s expected to do well there given his talent.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Thug said:

What a first touch.

Fabulous move all around.  Unbelievable pass from Foden, great run, beautiful first touch by Jack and then a nice quality finish.  

That’s what they paid £100m for, now he needs to do it against PL level and above opposition and regularly because that’s what De Bruyne, Mahrez and Silva do weekly.  I’m not talking about scoring, I’m talking about having that level of quality in his game which will lead to passes, assists and goals.

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He can do it on a cold wet night in Peterborough but can he replicate it in the league? 

Well it’s probably colder in Manchester, if he wears gloves possibly…..

On 28/02/2022 at 23:00, Thug said:

I really really hope liverpool pip them to the title.

No thanks, their fans are insufferable gobshites. 

56 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Better question, why is it back on the front page?

Gary Neville and Mica Richards were picking their best 11 for the Manchester Derby today of current players on both teams.  Basically even Neville agreed pick a team from all sides it would be 1 to 11 City players.  No mention of Jack in that 11 which i think says it all.

Sad to see what he was last year to this.

Edited by S-Platt

13 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Gary Neville and Mica Richards were picking their best 11 for the Manchester Derby today of current players on both teams.  Basically even Neville agreed pick a team from all sides it would be 1 to 11 City players.  No mention of Jack in that 11 which i think says it all.

Sad to see what he was last year to this.

Not only that but his previous team (us) has replaced him with probably a better fit to the team and at least equally as talented, in Coutinho.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not only that but his previous team (us) has replaced him with probably a better fit to the team and at least equally as talented, in Coutinho.

I still like what someone else said earlier in the season

Imagine what we'd be if we'd replaced Barkley with Coutinho / Buendia 

• Like 3

Â