The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

36 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

The “shin injury” returns. Strangely it always coincides with media stories picking up around his off field issues

From Medical News Today (dunno how credible that is though):

Factors that may cause a person to be more likely to have shin pain from an injury include:

• drinking more than 10 alcoholic drinks per week
  • excessive physical exercise

So it probably is just a shin injury, just one that gets exacerbated by him going out on the piss so often.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

From Medical News Today (dunno how credible that is though):

Factors that may cause a person to be more likely to have shin pain from an injury include:

• drinking more than 10 alcoholic drinks per week
  • excessive physical exercise

So it probably is just a shin injury, just one that gets exacerbated by him going out on the piss so often.

I think Kieran Dyer or somebody of that Newcastle team who had similar shin problems and Bobby Robson was going mad that he was going out on the weekends making it worse

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Not our fault Pep...We did warn you

he's going to be completely broken by the time he is 30 isnt he, these "shin splint" injuries seem to really be an issue for him.

Will be interesting to see how long he is out for, as he has already missed 30 games in 3.5 years with the shin-bone or calf injury issues (if transfermarkt is correct).

I was super sad at the time he left, but i am wondering if we absolutely benefitted massively from the 100m, and absolutely pulled their pants down.

Wonderful player for us, but on balance....maybe it was, in hindsight, an amazing move for Villa as a club.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Imagine the reaction on here if we'd spent £40 odd million on a player who then a) didn't quite live up to reputation when playing, b) was pictured being out so pissed he needed assistance to walk and then c) started missing games for the exact same injury that had made him miss half the previous season. 

This place would be in absolute uproar.  People would be literally incandescent with rage. 

I think we hit the jackpot getting £100m for him.

I don't want him back here at all and I am totally mystified why anyone would want that, but i've a strong feeling his career won't last long enough for that to even become a question in all honesty. 

The more I think about it we really did strike a great deal. 

A club that could have got Messi instead went for player, for all his talents, hasn’t finished a full season and gets so drunk he needs help at 7 pm. 

The plastics aren’t invested in him because he’s just a cog in a billion pound wheel. Totally replaceable. Whereas at any other club he’d be the crowning jewel. 

I just don’t know how his body can continue. He’s 26 and it seems every year the shins are playing up. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he has already missed 30 games in 3.5 years with the shin-bone or calf injury issues (if transfermarkt is correct).

Wow, that stat isn’t real surely? Practically missing a season. Problem is the shins will get only worse as he gets older too.

Â