The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

90% of footballers are boring media trained clones with a wife and 3 kids by the age of 25. I can’t begrudge Grealish for showing some personality and enjoying his life as a stinking rich playboy footballer. Now that it’s not villa he is embarrassing good luck to him I say.

I don’t think he’s got hardly any personality. Being a celebrity on lads bible is cringe. I don’t mind him though, but very low on character IMO 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

The way its going there is a chance he will miss the World Cup. Squads will go back to 23 and no way Southgate brings both him and Smith Rowe

No chance. He's at Citeh, much to Southgate's delight. He'll be a regular now. 

The hook nosed clown in charge of England thinks Jack has improved since joining them! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

No chance. He's at Citeh, much to Southgate's delight. He'll be a regular now. 

The hook nosed clown in charge of England thinks Jack has improved since joining them! 

Dont know Southgate still doesn't trust him and Smith Rowe plays for a London club. Think he has already been capped

Took Grealish a long time to get a cap when you think of what age they are getting caps now 

Here’s what I currently think: on my trip over I asked a few different people what they thought of Grealish. The older people were more sympathetic to him than the younger ones. I distinctly remember being in the Aston Tavern and when team news came out I heard multiple people say “he’s on the bench.” I didn’t even have to look to know who they were talking about. He means a lot to all of us. This thread would’ve died if he didn’t.

As someone who’s a couple years older than him, but whose Villa support coincides with his coming-of-age, he was Villa to me. Watching him leave sucked because it means there are bigger things to aspire to than just Villa. I imagine that hits home a little harder to younger folk than older ones.

I do think he’s a moron though, and that has nothing to do with him leaving.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I like Jordan, says it like it is. Sinclair is a clown 🤡 

Sinclair just thinks like the players, so most of the time just sticks up for them. Had to eat his words yesterday though since saying about Foden previous "boys will be boys".

It's a bit harsh this time, as I think Pep lost his mother to Covid, then you have Foden and Grealish going out looking for it as good as.

Off topic, but f you ever heard Andros Townsend when he did a stint on Talksport. What a absolute Twunt.  Once said, "just because players earn 100K plus, you have to remember, they only earn that sort of money for max 10 years"???

Edited by foreveryoung

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sinclair just thinks like the players, so most of the time just sticks up for them. Had to eat his words yesterday though since saying about Foden previous "boys will be boys".

It's a bit harsh this time, as I think Pep lost his mother to Covid, then you have Foden and Grealish going out looking for it as good as.

Off topic, but f you ever heard Andros Townsend when he did a stint on Talksport. What a absolute Twunt.  Once said, "just because players earn 100K plus, you have to remember, they only earn that sort of money for max 10 years"???

Andros Townsend is a man of the people 😉

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ha. Yeah, you have to remember, elite players like Ciaran Clark only get the opportunity to earn around £30m once in their life, then what are they supposed to do, get a nice little media job being paid £50k a year and £2k an appearance? It’s tough out there for former players.

• Like 1

Hear hear Simon Jordan. Totally agree. 

Grealish needs to sort himself out or he could become another wasted talent. Seems he had some leeway at Villa, which worked to a point and because he was our best player by Miles, was indispensable. Not like that at city, he's not missed 100mil or not. 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

No, he was very badly treated by the club and never once complained or badmouthed them and eventually made a complete turnaround of his career with us becoming an important and integral part of the team. 

He's not a legend but he's a player many feel a lot of warmth for.  I can't understand why some don't see that. 

He's closer to being a legend than he is to being a poor player for us.

He's much much more than 1 goal against the unwashed and that's it. 

I remember him signing a new contract seemed almost as momentous as when Benteke did, to me emotional anyway.

Obviously mostly due to the horrendous financial shape we were at the time but you are correct in that he established himself as an integral player and had a great attitude.

• Like 1

Â