The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He needs to be careful. Guardiola will bomb him out if he thinks he is a bad influence on Foden. 

Again its not the worst thing in the world he has done , but its just immaturity to go out on the town with covid rife. And he is now 26 and still not maturing .

He will most probably win medals while he is in the squad but his teammates will be winning the football matches.  

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He needs to be careful. Guardiola will bomb him out if he thinks he is a bad influence on Foden. 

Again its not the worst thing in the world he has done , but its just immaturity to go out on the town with covid rife. And he is now 26 and still not maturing .

He will most probably win medals while he is in the squad but his teammates will be winning the football matches.  

Imagine bombing out a 100 million signing. I am sorry the manager should be sacked for buying that player

Just now, Zatman said:

Imagine bombing out a 100 million signing. I am sorry the manager should be sacked for buying that player

I dont think it was a Guardiola signing. It was a brand signing. Following on from him gradually becoming box office over the season . Obviously he will have given the goahead as why not have another talented player but they lack well behind in the popularity stakes and he was the one to get national and international interest. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Quite possible we look back in 10 years time and realise that grealish’s world class level was largely a part of the managerial environment created by Smith who, somehow, seemed to know exactly how to get the best out of him. Simultaneously made him feel like the best player in the world while also pushing him/encouraging his drive and ambition.

all the evidence suggests that other managers he’s played for can’t do the same. He never reached the heights at villa before smith; has never looked as good for England; and has dropped off massively under pep

Alan Ball had a similar relationship with Le Tissier and to some extent with Kinkladze at City, and that’s arguably when they both shone brightest.

These off the cuff players usually respond best to positive man managers who let them do their thing.

I’m sure there are elite managers in world football who could get a tune out of Jack, but Pep isn’t a natural fit. He’ll do okay there I think, just because he’s so talented, and they use their whole squad, but he’d have enjoyed it much more at a different club under a different type of manager. (And frankly, if he’d stayed here, he’d probably still be performing well for Smith.)

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Alan Ball had a similar relationship with Le Tissier and to some extent with Kinkladze at City, and that’s arguably when they both shone brightest.

These off the cuff players usually respond best to positive man managers who let them do their thing.

I’m sure there are elite managers in world football who could get a tune out of Jack, but Pep isn’t a natural fit. He’ll do okay there I think, just because he’s so talented, and they use their whole squad, but he’d have enjoyed it much more at a different club under a different type of manager. (And frankly, if he’d stayed here, he’d probably still be performing well for Smith.)

Ancelotti would have got a tune out of him, maybe Zidane or even Ferguson. Proper managers that understand mavericks. Working for Pep and his boring football was definitely a dreadful choice for footballing reasons

• Like 2

Grealish was absolutely a brand signing, Man City didn't need Grealish and I highly doubt he was at the top of Pep's list. He was purchased because he was arguably the biggest name in English football at the time and the owners of City saw marketing potential. That said he his a fantastic player and I do hope he doesn't waste his career. Just hope he's not another Micah Richards. 

On a side note I don't think we can underestimate the impact Dean Smith had on Jack, I think he was key in getting him to focus on his game and he improved massively under Smith. He clearly needs strong management behind him and Pep is already showing that. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Or just professionals... 

Yeah what they did was unprofessional but Pep seems to hold players actions off the field to a higher standard than most other managers imo.

My point was more that the kind of behaviour he was notorious for here would not be acceptable at City and it was probably the worst club to join if he wanted to carry on being Jack the lad.

I think it's because pep wants perfection not just for the 38 league games but then all the cup and European games too, so what's that 60 games a season? Plus the international games making it somewhere around 70? You can't do that while enjoying a session during the season, just knock it on the head and wait for the summer 

Its not even that out there as an idea, should be relatively standard 

And yeah I thought part of it was Jack knew pep would whip him in to being the best he can be which includes knocking all this shit on the head 

• Like 1

He just won't get away with it not at City and not if he's seen leading the golden boy astray.

He will find he's left his boyhood club to play a part win a trophy and move to Spurs and win nothing for the next 10 years.

He could be the best. He could have any team built around him...but he's a moron. Same as when he was drunk driving and nailed on for a first England call up.

He's a moron. He can't himself. 

• Like 1

I was gutted when he left but deep down wanted him to show the world what he could do on bigger stages. I was excited to see how good he could become. He's messing that up at the moment and it's looking like a bad move. Hopefully he can turn it around but needs to grow up and have someone talk sense to him.

Actually I kind of don't give a crap if he turns it around or not. What a waste. 

It's not just about professionalism though, I thought the bigger concern would be the COVID protocol. 

The teams are doing everything to keep the players healthy and going out on town hugging security staff doesn't seem a smart move.

Â