The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I've been thinking why does pep want Grealish so much?  During his spell in charge of Barcelona he had Messi who was a game changer both in domestic competitions and European.  Then, he went to Bayern where he had amazing talent BUT no game changers.  I think after losing the champions league to Chelsea he needed that one player who could change the game.

Now, Messi and Ronaldo are both great players based in their longevity and insane goal records - I think grealish is in that mold but not from insane scoring statistics but his ability to draw fouls and create chances for the team.  

Jack should stay one more year and if we did worse than last season i respect his decision to leave.

45 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Head on the line because a few people have said the same on Twitter so I don’t need to keep it hidden anymore. I believe he does indeed have a release clause.  Got told back in March about it.

Ok, man who knows things, how much is it?

3 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

I've been thinking why does pep want Grealish so much?  During his spell in charge of Barcelona he had Messi who was a game changer both in domestic competitions and European.  Then, he went to Bayern where he had amazing talent BUT no game changers.  I think after losing the champions league to Chelsea he needed that one player who could change the game.

Now, Messi and Ronaldo are both great players based in their longevity and insane goal records - I think grealish is in that mold but not from insane scoring statistics but his ability to draw fouls and create chances for the team.  

Jack should stay one more year and if we did worse than last season i respect his decision to leave.

Because of his tight sexy ass if he is the same as me

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

If you say so. If you’re desperate to find a reason to hate him then go ahead 

Erm....

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

I don't want to go down the snake route either and don't think I can ever bring myself to hate him.

I just can't stop thinking about the words "My City. My Club. My Home". If he did leave less than 12 months after those words then I just can't help but feel like they weren't honest. He said he was sold on the future plans of the club, not just the next 12 months or so.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What makes you think they've triggered a release clause?

Obviously I know zero facts here, however a few people have said that they have heard that Jack would go if we got 100m. So it makes sense for that to have been put into Jack’s contract to not only ensure we get that amount but to also be the trigger point for contract talks to take place  between Jack and the other party.  
Ultimately it is still Jack’s choice though. 

33 minutes ago, Chine said:

Does alcohol consumption have an effect on shin splints ?

There is actually no such thing as shin splints.

What Jack had was a tibial stress fracture.

This article states "Alcohol consumption is a known risk factor for traumatic injuries of all types and has been shown to produce detrimental effects on bone metabolism."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3139786/

While this study, admittedly on female army recruits, found that: "Compared with their non-stress-fracture counterparts, recruits who developed stress fractures were more likely to report current or past... alcoholic drinking of > 10 drinks/week..."

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s001980170155

• Like 2

Bloody bastard Villa app. Rumours of a statement from teh vlub at 7pm. 7pm hits, my Villa app goes off, 'ICYMI: Our 21/22 Away kit has been released"

The club are trolling us!!!

• Haha 2

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Bloody bastard Villa app. Rumours of a statement from teh vlub at 7pm. 7pm hits, my Villa app goes off, 'ICYMI: Our 21/22 Away kit has been released"

Given who seemed to start those rumours and her past track record on this very forum I wouldn't hold your breath!

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Im not looking forward to this statement. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Im not looking forward to this statement. 

It cannot be any worse than the USSR have entered the sport of professional heavyweight boxing

21 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So really a it’s a case of City having triggered the release clause, however at the same time we have offered him a new deal to stay with us. 
So the choice is entirely on Jack? 

Or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Do clubs normally come out and say they've made bids? 

No not really, but we should get people asking Smith and Pep the question during pre-season interviews. Be interesting to see if Purslow pops up on the TV soon. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Do clubs normally come out and say they've made bids? 

Don't think either club confirmed the ESR one 

No obligation to do so 

Edit - maybe unless you have shareholders because it can impact your market value but I'm not sure about that, its only it's who have shares now I think 

If villa were owned by shareholders I'm pretty sure a £100m potential revenue would have to be declared 

Edited by villa4europe

Â