The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dan Bardell on SSN just then looking like someones just died lol

The presenter was like “Chin up Dan, he might stay yet”

in his defense i think i saw him tweet that his 2nd jab has hit him pretty hard...bad day for a SSN appearance!

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ha! I missed him on SSN, but he did tweet this this morning...

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He always looks like that 🤣

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Probably about right.

I remember as a kid we used to make go carts out of old pram wheels , planks and tons of nails - we'd design our own improvements, like handbrakes  or wooden crates to sit in - it was great fun and very satisfying. Then one kid came along with a specifically built go cart purchased from a shop - he blew us all out the water. But overall the whole thing just wasn't as much fun. and I think that's how man city winning the league is.

Would I take your last 10 years - of course I would in a heartbeat. But let me give my first 10 years as a Villa Fan.

1972 my dad (RIP)  to me to Div 3 league match - Villa V Walsall -we couldn't even beat them we drew 0-0  !  - 9 years later, a culmination of a youth policy , and smart transfer business - I stood at Highbury watching be crowned league champions. I would love to see something built that again.

took me back a bit there Hippo, I built several of them, great fun, got the pram wheels from the bombed building sites......Just been reading Cyrille Regis's book, where he describes acquiring a bike frame and buying components from his paper round wages and building the bike....I did that too.

those were the days....that built character.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Does anyone think John Terry knows something?, because his departure was rather unexpected.......or are they just not linked at all.

JT’s ambitions where clear from day one he came here to learn and to gain experience we all knew he had aspirations of becoming a no 1 , maybe he moves on to another coaching job under mourinho fo a few years who knows but that would be another smart decision on his part to learn and add another string to his bow so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Is Pablo still better then Jack?

ps...KP would look great in our team.

On his day he was brilliant. Age got to him but he's gone now.

Jack can be brilliant when he decides to stay on his feet 😃

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ornstein was pretty balanced in what he said on the same clip though

A child could write this. Levy tough man no Kane but free ride to Grealish because no Levy. Bullshit narrative built up by UK media for years

• Like 1

I think people read too much into the kit things.

If we see the decal of him and Smith at the North stand being taken down, that would be much more telling 🤣

Edited by Pissflaps
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

A child could write this. Levy tough man no Kane but free ride to Grealish because no Levy. Bullshit narrative built up by UK media for years

Correct. And FFP is relaxed so the usual suspects will be looking to spend big, but not Villa, who have super rich owners. Bore off.

Who's the most talked about person at Man City? I'd guess it's Guardiola with a smattering of De Bruyne's, Stirling's, Foden's etc thrown in for variation. Media comment is mostly about the manager and the team, rather than one stand out individual however good he happens to be.

Who's the most talked about player in the Premier League? There's no argument that it's definitely our Jack! The reason why he stands head and shoulders above every other player is because he's been allowed to play in a free role with Villa which showcases his world class talents.

JG's not daft. He know's that if he goes to Man City he will quickly become another talented cog in the well oiled 'Guardiola' machine, subject to strict routines and rotation. I'm sure he'd add to their success, but he would possibly lose his ever present "star" status.

Â