The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

You can’t say no if no one has made a bid and where is the evidence that we’re negotiating with City?

As for Levy I’m glad that our owners nor Purslow aren’t playing to the crowd - we’re just getting on with our plans for the season. If I was going to bet money on any player going to City it would be Kane and not Jack.

Ok. Maybe your right, maybe the whole thing is a figment of media imagination and Jack will rock up at BMH on Monday in his Villa training gear and life will carry on as normal. That would be so nice. I would love that.

I can’t help be impressed, envious even, at people’s unwavering belief that he’s staying. 

• Like 1

If there is no release clause why the hell would villa sell him for 75m or even 100m - even if jack secretly wanted to go?

if jack comes out publicly ala Kane then it becomes a different discussion but even then if there is no release clause we don’t HAVE to sell.

Also, it’s not a figment of media imagination. This is all down to leaks on the city and agent side, agents trying to get the best deal (whether jack stays or goes) and journos trying to get clicks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What I still don't understand after it has allegedly been a "done deal" for ages according to some, why would Grealish bother doing 3 smiley emojis with love hearts on Buendia social media post of his first day at training a couple of weeks ago?

I’ve been thinking this too. I know it’s such a simple thing for the lad to do, but I just don’t think you’d do that if you had your heart set on leaving. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Too much smoke. If we were the buying club fans in this situation, no way would we be doubting that this was likely to happen. There would be “it’s happening” gifs all over the shop.

Look, I’m gutted about it, I would seriously love it if there were a massive plot twist and NWSE came good but I think he’s off. I hope I’m wrong. If it falls through now though, we’d be going through the same thing again in Jan. 

Nothing will happen in Jan.

Maybe, you’re right. I hope you are. I just think if reports were incorrect, we’d have heard about it by now. Villa have their own journos. I think Percy would have been fed a little something to say it’s all rubbish that we’re negotiating. Because like people have said, it affects our transfer business. 

Nobody has said we are negotiating. It just says the clubs are communicating. What does that even mean? Most likely, will you sell us Jack for £60m?…………….ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ……now please do one!

The reports do make me laugh. We are in talks, how long would those talks actually last? 

“we want your best player” 

“No chance he isn’t for sale at any price. Bye don’t call back” 

talks over. It makes out that we are trying to find a way to make the deal happen 

• Like 1

Older Samoan guy at work, long time Manure fan, said today to me looks like Grealish is going to City. I said yeah yeah it's all paper talk. He said but was in Guardian and that's pretty reliable. I said let's have a look at article and see who they quoting. Googled it and the author of article is... duh duh duh... Fabrizio Romano loool

• Like 1

If Jack does go then all I can say is he isn't the man I thought he was. And I'm not saying anything wildly negative about him moving forwards, but he always struck me as a man of his word, and he said he was fully committed to the project (which is still on track) when he signed 10 months ago. If that's no longer the case I think him leaving says more about him than the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Too much smoke. If we were the buying club fans in this situation, no way would we be doubting that this was likely to happen. There would be “it’s happening” gifs all over the shop.

Look, I’m gutted about it, I would seriously love it if there were a massive plot twist and NWSE came good but I think he’s off. I hope I’m wrong. If it falls through now though, we’d be going through the same thing again in Jan. 

Sure, we did exactly that with ESR but then what happened?

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Older Samoan guy at work, long time Manure fan, said today to me looks like Grealish is going to City. I said yeah yeah it's all paper talk. He said but was in Guardian and that's pretty reliable. I said let's have a look at article and see who they quoting. Googled it and the author of article is... duh duh duh... Fabrizio Romano loool

With a story like this it only takes one paper to write an article and then they all write the same thing because they don’t want to be left out so they end up all being right or all wrong.

Ok. Maybe your right, maybe the whole thing is a figment of media imagination and Jack will rock up at BMH on Monday in his Villa training gear and life will carry on as normal. That would be so nice. I would love that.

I can’t help be impressed, envious even, at people’s unwavering belief that he’s staying. 

My lord, don’t be so dramatic.

It’s not unwavering belief - there’s a chance he may go, but nothing outside of speculation has been reported to suggest Jack or Villa are keen.

If anything, it’s YOUR unwavering belief that we will be wishing him bon voyage.

• Like 1

The only way this transfer happens is if Jack goes to the owners and says he wants out and I can't see the that happening.

Personally, I think if a we're offered 100mil+ the club have to consider the offer. I'm not saying they should accept but it's a huge offer and had to be looked and evaluated. 

As has been said by everyone replacing Jack is impossible, our play style is based around him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Are Villa really entertaining selling our best player two weeks before the season?

If this is true it's absolutely crazy, what about four years left on his contract...his marketing and image rights alone are worth more to Villa than £100 million.

I just don't believe how selling him makes any sense unless he is carrying a persistent injury?

This, it would be madness to see him now , his value will increase and I’m sure we as a club will be in a better position next year -Jack cannot force the issue , if there is no clause then he’s not for sale - Make that crystal clear and let’s worry about getting players in and stop this speculation 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

The only way this transfer happens is if Jack goes to the owners and says he wants out and I can't see the that happening.

Personally, I think if a we're offered 100mil+ the club have to consider the offer. I'm not saying they should accept but it's a huge offer and had to be looked and evaluated. 

As has been said by everyone replacing Jack is impossible, our play style is based around him. 

If he does then we say no , sorry Jack you signed a 5 yr deal only 10 months ago 

City would not be pursuing him if he was not interested in the move .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Â