The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, mykeyb said:

Arsenal didn't accept our bids...........

Correct. And Smith Rowe will happily play for Arsenal. Jack might be tempted but he will equally be delighted to stay. No doubt about it. If it doesn't suit us, he won't be leaving.

Just now, villalad21 said:

If he goes he is just desperate for Champions League football which he is highly unlikely to get here.

I'd still like him to stay one more year to see where the club goes but not a snake in my eyes if he goes.

Same 

The "snake" thing grinds my gears, hate the way Liverpool fans use if for sterling, almost detracts from us using it for Delph, the 2 are not the same 

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

If he goes he is just desperate for Champions League football which he is highly unlikely to get here.

I'd still like him to stay one more year to see where the club goes but not a snake in my eyes if he goes.

Agreed not a snake but as he won't be in claret and blue he will get the same reception all the opposition get........hostile.

• Like 2

Just now, Tayls said:

Not officially, I guess, but there is a ridiculous amount of smoke at the moment. The fire will undoubtedly follow soon. 

Which is why Emile Smith-Rowe is now a Villa player. All that smoke ultimately led to a bonfire.

6 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Looks like is off, snake

He's not a snake.

We'd be stuck in the championship without him.

No reason why this can't be good for both. He gets to play at an elite level, instant success, and with the right investment, we can build a better team

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Which is why Emile Smith-Rowe is now a Villa player. All that smoke ultimately led to a bonfire.

This feels wayyy different to that. It was always about ESR signing a new contract. We were the equivalent of a fly that needed swatting away at that point. 

The two scenarios are not comparable in my view as ESR didn’t want to leave… I think Jack does… 

Regards to Commercially putting Villa on the map, now is a better time than ever before. If the clause really doesnt exist, then it makes zero sense to do any deal. You’ll never be in a better position to tell a player  that he will not be sold. Player who captains the club of his entire bloodline will get his head down. I dont think these owners lose very often, thats my hope right now

Hahah the Bluemoon forum is proper Northern. I love how bitter and personal their digs are at Villa fans  and that's when they the ones winning in all of this. Even in defeat, the villa faithful somehow manage to get right under the skins of the oppo.

Just now, villanmac said:

Hahah the Bluemoon forum is proper Northern. I love how bitter and personal their digs are at Villa fans  and that's when they the ones winning in all of this. Even in defeat, the villa faithful somehow manage to get right under the skins of the oppo.

Been a great few weeks with Arsenal and City plastics hook line and sinker on Twitter 

I don't think Jack's shin problem is resolved yet as was evident from the England camp. If that is the case, surely City would be beyond stupid to pay huge money for a player who would never pass any half decent medical and who MAY never regain full fitness !

Edited by Paul33

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Lets not start this snake stuff, if it were about money he wouldn't bother moving.

If he leaves it will be to improve himself and win things.

One thst started it has never posted anything proper on here. Few of them in this thread and clearly not Villa fans

• Like 1

I expect some kind of divine intervention to occur.

Older Villans will recall when arguably our greatest ever player was on the verge of signing for Small Heath for the sum of £600,000 he failed a medical. Hopefully Jacks shins are in too bad a state for Man City to risk paying  the going rate for a potential crock and Jack stays put

A lot of you guys are holding back, because it’s ‘cooler’ right now to be chill about it. Don’t get me wrong, Football doesn’t have that much of a hold on my life that it needs to dictate my feelings, however I can be annoyed by situations such as this Grealish saga. 

It frustrates me that this always happens. We are not allowed to progress with our best players. We might as well just have owners who are happy to sail through each season and try to survive in the league like most of the others seem to. (Im glad we don’t because NSWE rock)

Call it what you want, but I’m nothing more than a little frustrated by the events that are, seemingly, unfolding. It may not happen of course, but it’s hard to see anything other than a Grealish departure. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

There’s far too much smoke now from reliable journalists, suggesting Grealish wants the move, to ignore. No matter what happens from here, the gloss has worn off him a touch.

Obviously I still want him to stay, he’s a magnificent player, but he doesn’t really feel like ‘one of our own’ anymore, which is a shame.

£100m is too low in my opinion, unless it is the release clause. Either way, if that’s the price we’re looking for they can either pay up or **** off. And I hope we get it resolved quickly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â