The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:
27 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

. I would rather Jack get a dazzling assist than score.

Not a dig but why? 

Well I obviously wouldnt say no to a goal but I think a superb assist would be in character and would fit the difference maker narrative more than a goal would.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Posting on Blue Moon is hard work. Can they announce Grealish staying soon please

As the old saying goes: It's hard work but no one has to do it.

18 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

You're entitled to your view (just as I am by the way), but I don't enjoy watching negative football - 8 defenders and two fast wide players plus one who I'm not really sure what he sees his role as??  If you like that then good for you - you're certainly getting plenty of it over the past few weeks! 😉

I have said the same under Villa - at the back end of O'Neill I was contemplating giving up my season tickets - we were doing well but I wasn't enjoying watching it.  I was still a Villa fan and we were high up the table but I just wasn't enjoying the product.  Same here I'm afraid - watching football is about entertainment for me and I haven't seen much of that other than when Jack has made his all too brief cameos.

whenever i see someone say this i question why they watch football at all, rather a more end to end sport such as basketball or tennis.

it's a results game, managers and players will set out to give them the best possible chance of a positive result. if that means 8 defenders then so be it.

yes when our team wins 4-0 it's **** great, but i'm honestly just as buzzing when villa win a scrappy 1-0 too because it's the result that counts

i don't think i've ever left VP after we've lost thinking "oh well at least it was entertaining"

i was confused when he took jack off the other night, but i'd forgotten all about it at the final whistle

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

whenever i see someone say this i question why they watch football at all, rather a more end to end sport such as basketball or tennis.

it's a results game, managers and players will set out to give them the best possible chance of a positive result. if that means 8 defenders then so be it.

yes when our team wins 4-0 it's **** great, but i'm honestly just as buzzing when villa win a scrappy 1-0 too because it's the result that counts

i don't think i've ever left VP after we've lost thinking "oh well at least it was entertaining"

i was confused when he took jack off the other night, but i'd forgotten all about it at the final whistle

Because I don't like those sports.

I remember coming away from Villa Park after the 5-5 with Forest on top of the world that Bruce football was gone forever.

You can't guarantee results. You work your hardest to guarantee a good performance and results will follow if your plan is the right one for your squad.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I remember coming away from Villa Park after the 5-5 with Forest on top of the world that Bruce football was gone forever.

You can't guarantee results. You work your hardest to guarantee a good performance and results will follow if your plan is the right one for your squad.

A good performance is a winning performance? You might not find it attractive, but the term 'good performance' is not entirely subjective. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

but a good performance doesn't necessarily mean entertaining/attacking...

southgate is setting us up in a way that he feels will have the best chance of a good performance and therefore hopefully, a good result.

unfortunately for some, it's not entertaining enough. drawing 5-5 with germany and taking the chances on a penalty shootout certainly would've been entertaining. but i'm happier with the 'dull' 2-0 win. each to his own.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A good performance is a winning performance? You might not find it attractive, but the term 'good performance' is not entirely subjective. 

Plenty of good performances don't result in a win,  and I'd say there are many poor performances that have got a win against the odds. 

That said, I don't think you can say any of England's performances this tournament have been bad. We may not really have been tested, and we may have had some good luck, but pur overall performance has been good...even if it subjectively someone finds it boring. 

Edit: my view is our games would have been more exciting if Grealish was playing.  

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

For me it's definately about the result, however i do like to feel as though the team could do something magical in a game too. I know sometimes that's not possible but what kills it for me is when that belief that something special could happen has disappeared totally and been replaced by a non stop barrage of turgid, dull lifeless football as did at AVFC for quite some time sadly. I guess i want to see a touch of sparkle now & then, a touch of class if you will. I totally get it that on occasion that has to be the secondary requirement but to remove it completely is extrememly tedious. Under O'neill i also got a little fed up with watching us being battered & under the cosh for 75 mins every game despite finishing 6th. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

You sound like a West Ham fan. "We want to play the West Ham way!!". Well the "West Ham way" has won them **** all in 40 years. I watch movies to be entertained. I watch Villa hoping they will win. Yes I would prefer they play good football but I can look the other way if we're winning ugly as we frequently do.

As for England, I find it incredible, entitled and spoilt that people can dare question the way a team who has underachieved and failed almost constantly for nearly 60 years has reached a final they may win. Just a few years ago England were being thrashed by Germany, failing to get out of groups and beaten by Iceland. But they arent playing attractive enough football now. It's unbelievable.

But you're entitled to your view I guess.

I think you care too much that people don’t care much about England if the football is boring.

Entitled and spoiled? Dare question?

Its starting to sound as obsessed as the people saying Southgate hates Jack.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think you care too much that people don’t care much about England if the football is boring.

Not at all, I just find it almost unbelievable.

After the Iceland debacle 5 years ago, England fans would have bitten any amount of arms off to each even a semi-final of a competition in the near future. This happened just two years later. Lots of fans would have probably doubted they would ever see the team reach a major final in their lifetimes. Yet England have done that with relative ease in the very next tournament. Fans complaining about the manor in which they have done it, which has been done with actual wins, not penalties etc reeks of baffling entitlement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m talking about the caller, don’t try and distract from how embarrassing that caller was! Yes they egged him on and yes they are c***s. If it was any other supporter we all be laughing. Like we have done with other callers of theirs. 

the thing that is most embarrassing is that there is people on this forum who have the same viewpoint as the caller. 

Hyperbolic conspiracy cringefest when it comes to Jack and southgates England 

Yes, I know you was 😁 I got it.

Just trying to have a bit of a laugh whilst pointing out that Cundy is a T**t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

You have to admit though. It is a rather bizarre and frustrating for fans of a winning team to pout and moan about not winning the way they want. It does make said fans come across as horribly bratty.

• Like 3

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

You have to admit though. It is a rather bizarre and frustrating for fans of a winning team to pout and moan about not winning the way they want. It does make said fans come across as horribly bratty.

I really don’t give a ****, but if Villa won the league playing McLeish ball or scored every goal from a long throw I’d probably not enjoy it as much.

It’s 2 days after the game and people are still saying “no support England the way I do!!!!”

Works both ways. Boring chat.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A good performance is a winning performance?

No.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You might not find it attractive, but the term 'good performance' is not entirely subjective. 

Agreed.

My general point is you can't guarantee results. Sitting back doesn't mean you'll definitely keep a clean sheet, just as going forward doesn't mean you'll score.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I really don’t give a ****, but if Villa won the league playing McLeish ball or scored every goal from a long throw I’d probably not enjoy it as much.

It’s 2 days after the game and people are still saying “no support England the way I do!!!!”

Works both ways. Boring chat.

Oh boy. Well if we’re going down that road then why continue engaging in the chat? Just leave it instead of doing the whole roundabout of “well you’re just as bad as them” nonsense.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

but a good performance doesn't necessarily mean entertaining/attacking...

Correct.

southgate is setting us up in a way that he feels will have the best chance of a good performance and therefore hopefully, a good result.

Correct. I disagree with him. 

unfortunately for some, it's not entertaining enough. drawing 5-5 with germany and taking the chances on a penalty shootout certainly would've been entertaining. but i'm happier with the 'dull' 2-0 win. each to his own.

Each to their own, yep.

As well as thinking (as the song goes...) it's not creative enough, it's not positive enough, I don't think that's the best way for this England team to play. Our attack is unbelievable and our keeper and defenders aren't. Yes, we've kept loads of clean sheets, but IMO that's been to the detriment of our attack. We should be at least reaching finals and semis at three of the next five major tournaments with the players available, it's mental. I don't believe this sitting back and staying solid will achieve that.

If we lose to Italy, it's been a missed opportunity. If we win, I will be pleased but won't personally have really enjoyed watching us. (I suspect more Jack involvement would have led to me becoming more invested, certainly enjoyed his 20 mins game changing cameo against Germany!)

If people have enjoyed it, great, no problem.

Never that into England particularly. I'm much happier after a scrappy Villa win than an England one. But I still won't sit back after Villa pinch a win saying yep, more of that next week and we'll surely win again.

I will say actually I loved 2018. Thought we were going to win it. And the pants set-piece wins were more enjoyable for me, because we had a crap team. It was funny how far we were going, really fancied us to shithouse France and win it.

This time, we don't have a bad team, we have an incredible one available to us.

• Like 1

Caught my OH searching for Jack Grealish on TikTok this afternoon. 

After agreeing that I'd let him in, tuck him and her in bed should be ever visit, she showed me the comments. 

Looks like we have a Beckham'eque symbol on our hands. Girls are going mental for him. It's literally page after page and fan video after video of girls drooling over him. 

Coming back to villa, surely his commercial value now to the club is ridiculous? He sold the most England shirts as well. If he re-signs, we actually now have a superstar which should assist our transition into a "top 6" club. 

Edited by pas5898
Typo
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yes and no. If England had a fairly average crop of players, then I would be ecstatic with grinding out a win with a dodgy penalty and an own goal.

But taking into account the depth of talent that the squad has then a dodgy penalty in extra time seems a little hollow to me.

The worst part is the style of play England has, is let the opposition defence get into position and then attack. Apart from that, excitement comes from the odd hoofball.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Not at all, I just find it almost unbelievable.

After the Iceland debacle 5 years ago, England fans would have bitten any amount of arms off to each even a semi-final of a competition in the near future. This happened just two years later. Lots of fans would have probably doubted they would ever see the team reach a major final in their lifetimes. Yet England have done that with relative ease in the very next tournament. Fans complaining about the manor in which they have done it, which has been done with actual wins, not penalties etc reeks of baffling entitlement.

I think a lot of us have made it clear we aren't fans though. We are villa fans first and foremost and would rather watch entertaining football than win. 

Â