The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Do we think he has a buyout clause? And if so how much?

We'd be mad to sell him for any less than £160 million, surely?

Obviously I hope he stays and we can continue to improve with Grealish as the key component driving us forward and appealing to other players to join Villa.

I dont think there is a buyout but that's just me and my thinking.

Let's look at it like this, Grealish was more than happy to stay here, happy to sign a new five year, not 2 or 3, he has put pen to paper for a further five years.

Grealish has never hid his devotion to this club and his desire to see Villa back at the top of football.

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but what does Jack need to do to get into Garth Crooks team of the week

Who cares, Garth is a hack that knows virtually nothing about the modern game. Almost as useless as Lawrenson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I dont think there is a buyout but that's just me and my thinking.

Let's look at it like this, Grealish was more than happy to stay here, happy to sign a new five year, not 2 or 3, he has put pen to paper for a further five years.

Grealish has never hid his devotion to this club and his desire to see Villa back at the top of football.

Looking at the 600m Messi buyout clause, I wouldnt be surprised at all if there is one, but i would be surprised if it was set below 150m

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Looking at the 600m Messi buyout clause, I wouldnt be surprised at all if there is one, but i would be surprised if it was set below 150m

If it were set that high at half a bill buy out let's say, that counts most of the football world out unless Man City or chelsea want to try pay it and then there is Barcelona who would certainly be able to right??

I couldnt ever see the majority of clubs paying more than 100 for Grealish and that's perfect for us. Spurs would never pay that they are cheap skates, Manchester united tried it on the cheap as well and they are not like the old days, they dont have fergie who theyd gladly throw money at. Arsenal well I do not think grealish would ever go there even though there fans were going  nuts for him to be signed. I not sure Liverpool would ever attempt to sign Grealish due to the current system they have there, not sure he fits the bill in that team.

I think Grealish knows if he continues not only does he get himself a Legend status in the world despite the fact hes already one with us, but he will know that there are not to many clubs that can come knocking for him.

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He is on his way to being a superstar, we need him plastered all over AVFC YouTube, some of these channels have millions of followers, has to be good for the club.

After every game I tune into the VillaView and in the Live chat in youtube other day after Arsenal the amount of praise Grealish gets is wonderful. Even other clubs fans apart from a few trolls came into the chat and were giving Grealish his props. It's no surprise other fans recognize Grealish now, when he goes and does 60 to 70 yard runs on a club that's supposed to be one of the top bunch.

I do think some and I also called it early that some top clubs are going to struggle this season for many reasons. Some top clubs have not spent as wisely as they could of, there is also the progress of clubs out of the top six who have progress in signings and training. Arsenal and Manchester United those two they are going to struggle for alot of the season I think and I can see someone eventually getting the sack from those two clubs.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If it were set that high at half a bill buy out let's say, that counts most of the football world out unless Man City or chelsea want to try pay it and then there is Barcelona who would certainly be able to right??

I couldnt ever see the majority of clubs paying more than 100 for Grealish and that's perfect for us. Spurs would never pay that they are cheap skates, Manchester united tried it on the cheap as well and they are not like the old days, they dont have fergie who theyd gladly throw money at. Arsenal well I do not think grealish would ever go there even though there fans were going  nuts for him to be signed. I not sure Liverpool would ever attempt to sign Grealish due to the current system they have there, not sure he fits the bill in that team.

I think Grealish knows if he continues not only does he get himself a Legend status in the world despite the fact hes already one with us, but he will know that there are not to many clubs that can come knocking for him.

I was using the Messi comparison as an indication that even if you love the club and are very happy there,  you might still have a clause just to give you the option if things go sour.  That option is agreed at some significant level above the players actual value at the time. I don't think Jack would have pushed or demanded one, so it is possible he doesnt have one at all (or at least only has one based on relegation). But equally,  the club may have included one at a level they felt covers all scenarios with excess compensation,  just to ease the persuasion of signing a 5 year contract.  Or maybe they just went with the "throw a shed load of money at him" approach. 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Thing is we do not even have to sell him even if some mad offer of those numbers comes in.

I said in another thread I'd not let him go for half a billion. When it comes down to it Grealish is irreplaceable..

to the left to the left, 

everyone knows he's by the box to the left.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Thing is we do not even have to sell him even if some mad offer of those numbers comes in.

I said in another thread I'd not let him go for half a billion. When it comes down to it Grealish is irreplaceable..

I think he is Dave.....we would never be able to attract a talent such as his.....its just a shame the fans are not in the stadium, for him to feel the adulation.

won't be long now.

• Like 1

I do fear that the universal acclaim he is getting, is working against him in some quarters, Like the England Camp.

I understand an arm went around Saka from Southgate consoling him for the week ends Game...saying " Troublesome Weekend"......couldn't imagine Jack getting that if the score was reversed.

What does Jack get, reportedly a " don't mention the game in hand for your top of the league plans" from the kit man.

The jealousy is mind blowing.....I just hope the kid can Laugh it all off.

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do fear that the universal acclaim he is getting, is working against him in some quarters, Like the England Camp.

I understand an arm went around Saka from Southgate consoling him for the week ends Game...saying " Troublesome Weekend"......couldn't imagine Jack getting that if the score was reversed.

What does Jack get, reportedly a " don't mention the game in hand for your top of the league plans" from the kit man.

Yeah do you reckon Gareth congratulated the Villa boys on a nice win?! He'll probably make them train on their own as punishment 😝

• Like 1

Given the ridiculous decision to call up Bellingham after the ridiculous reasons for not selecting Jack until recently I fully expect Southgate to ignore Jack for the forthcoming games.

i absolutely despise Southgate, he’s a contradictory yes man for the FA and England will continue to under perform under his dull safety first tenure.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The kit man is a baggie. Just a bit of banter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Ehhh, what a mountain out of a molehill. Watching the video I think he asks if Saka has "recovered from the weekend?". Seems fair enough really. Saka is 19, 6 years younger than Jack and made his England debut even more recently. Even more so, Southgate could have dropped down on his knees and worshipped Jack into the building for all we know - we've watched a snippet. The staff we actually saw interact with Jack seemed pretty friendly to be honest.  

No doubt from me, Southgate is completely out of his depth and useless - but lets not create issues that aren't there.  

I personally thought it was a nice touch for Southgate to have a little chat with a 19 year old kid that scored an own goal on Sunday. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally thought it was a nice touch for Southgate to have a little chat with a 19 year old kid that scored an own goal on Sunday. 

Yeah, agreed. I like Saka as a player too, just not really sure he's a left-back. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think he is Dave.....we would never be able to attract a talent such as his.....its just a shame the fans are not in the stadium, for him to feel the adulation.

won't be long now.

Hope so 

I wonder if this sprints over the whole pitch is a work of Shakespeare? I've seen him carrying the ball over long distances before, but what I haven't seen before are these insane sprints he makes with the ball. I've always said that he is fast, and more important he is fast with the ball. You could see at his assist for Watkins that when he got the ball from Martinez his first instinct was to just sprint the fastest he could.

As said before we are playing more counter attacking and play more long balls on the break this season, reminding very much of Leiceter when they won the league, that is surly because of Shakespeare, perhaps these sprints Jack are doing is the same.

Â