The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

This is why he'll want to leave , absolutely fuming . Part of me thinks he's purposely not picking in hope he'll kick up a fuss and force a move to United 

Leaving shouldn't be an option. He's only went and called up Kalvin Phillips.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair i've just seen the squad, and if i'm honest, it's hard for me to see who could realistically be dropped from the Forwards or midfielders for Jack.

Aside from maybe Foden?

I don't know enough about Ward - Prowse or Rice to pass judgement.

Ward-Prowse, Winks, Mount and maybe Foden (but I'm obviously biased)

• Like 1

if I was Grealish I would just tell him stick it - does he still have the option to play for Ireland ? - perhaps he should threaten to take that up - that would really turn the tables on Southgate

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Utterly bizarre to even suggest that. 15-20 years ago no other club had provided as many England internationals as us. We might have been crap the last 10 years,  but we're probably still quite high on that list. 

You can probably say a lot about this club, but the notion you need to move on to be an England international, that's one thing that simply is load of fecking shite.  

I'm pretty sure we still are top of that list. If we're not we must be very close

Edit: as of November 2019 we were joint second with Liverpool (74) behind Spurs (78)

Edit Edit: Wikipedia still has Spurs as the highest with 78 

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I'm baffled how Philips gets in and has never played a prem match, whereas Jack has just completed his best ever prem season and misses out, imagine not choosing him.

Didn't Mount also get called into an England squad without playing in the Prem?

Could be wrong but I think he got selected after going back to Chelsea from his loan spell at Derby before he had made an appearance for Chelsea.  Just goes to show the line of "must have premier league experience" is complete horse shit.

2 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Ward-Prowse, Winks, Mount and maybe Foden (but I'm obviously biased)

If Jack was played in central midfield he could do the jobs Winks and Mount do at the same time.  Really weird selection, I'm really struggling to find any logic in it which just leaves personal dislike sadly.  

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair i've just seen the squad, and if i'm honest, it's hard for me to see who could realistically be dropped from the Forwards or midfielders for Jack.

Aside from maybe Foden?

I don't know enough about Ward - Prowse or Rice to pass judgement.

He should be in there over many of them - e.g. Mount, Ward Prowse, one of Winks/Rice/Phillips (we don't need 3 DMs for two games against fairly mediocre opponents). I wanted to see Foden and Grealish in the same squad. 

The forwards is probably fair enough but for me there's too many of them. We've got seven forwards and only six midfielders. I think probably Tammy was a bit lucky to get in seeing as he got dropped from Chelsea's first team for Giroud. And of course no natural left backs - I imagine Mings will actually play there which will be odd.

The only way Jack might get in is if someone pulls out but even then I don't trust Southgate to do the right thing. He definitely doesn't need to leave Villa to get in, it's obvious it's a personal thing against him or Southgate just doesn't have a clue how to use him because he's tactically inept. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

Â