The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He was part of the photoshoot though. Go to the official website and click on squads. Then each individual player has their own photo on their profile.

Means bugger all either way ultimately, especially going on past events; Delph was part of the photoshoot promoting a new kit (think it was specifically a shirt-printing ad, if memory serves) for an upcoming season about a week or so before he was sold, just after he signed that contract extension.  Dick move by both the club and player that was, for me it took away some of the goodwill of him having signed a contract to get us a transfer fee in the first place and as the club must have known he was off by that point it just smacked of a cash-grab.

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

He was part of the photoshoot though. Go to the official website and click on squads. Then each individual player has their own photo on their profile.

Grealish%20profile%2018-19.ashx?as=0&h=1

Ehhhhhhhhh.  Who loves you baby!

Where is his lollipop?

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

I’ve never understood this ?....I DO want to get my hopes up......it’s having them smashed into a million tiny pieces I don’t want.

So I will celebrate Grealish staying, and us winning the League, now..then when reality kicks in at least I’ll have glimpsed contentment!?

I'm the opposite, if I expect Jack to leave and he ends up staying then I will be elated, if he leaves it then it softens the blow because I haven't told myself that he will be staying..

I don't believe he's going anywhere

At this point in his career he's not done enough to make big clubs pay a lot of money. few games in the prem, 1 semi final in the cup, half a season in the champ.  Outside birmingham he's more famous for inhaling helium, on the piss after defeats and being unconscious on the beach after a neck full of sangria.

I work in the south east and I know brummys have a reputation for partying too hard and not giving a shit about the job..... So no club is going to pay mega money for him and give him a fat contract based on half a season in the champ and a few assists...I imagine if you could get him cheap say for 10m might be worth the gamble. but it appears Villa are not in that way desperate after the fresh investment so won't consider giving him away cheap.

English players like to get the fat contract and think they've made it, then stop working eg. Jack Rodwell, Francis Jeffers, Steve Sidwell, John Bostock David Bentley Isiah Osbourne the list is endless.

In the list of great brummy footballers Grealish isn't even in the top ten....yet.

I still rate Lee Hendrie higher

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Means bugger all either way ultimately, especially going on past events; Delph was part of the photoshoot promoting a new kit (think it was specifically a shirt-printing ad, if memory serves) for an upcoming season about a week or so before he was sold, just after he signed that contract extension.  Dick move by both the club and player that was, for me it took away some of the goodwill of him having signed a contract to get us a transfer fee in the first place and as the club must have known he was off by that point it just smacked of a cash-grab.

1A1C1836-4065-44FD-8195-54717AABE9B8.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

(Liverpool FC correspondent for goal.com  - formerly of the Liverpool ECHO)

Whether or not it's true or relevant - the statement "LFC wanted to see Grealish moved on" kind of inadvertently sums up FFP in a nutshell.

Who do Liverpool think they are to apparently ask us to sell our best player in order to get one of their kids for a season? I look forward to the days when we can meet them again on an even playing field and beat them as we did more than once in the past knocking their self satisfied smug grins off their faces in doing so!

• Like 3

Just now, TheAuthority said:

What an idiotic slogan that just makes me cringe and the font ?

Whoever came up with that is a clearing in the woods. 

Let’s blame Tom Fox;

But I’d be surprised if Grealish goes

Just now, John said:

Who do Liverpool think they are to apparently ask us to sell our best player in order to get one of their kids for a season? I look forward to the days when we can meet them again on an even playing field and beat them as we did more than once in the past knocking their self satisfied smug grins off their faces in doing so!

What are you talking about? They aren't asking us to sell Grealish. They just don't want to loan their player to a club that won't play him, so they are waiting to hear if Grealish will be sold or not. That is completely fair. 

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

What an idiotic slogan that just makes me cringe and the font ?

Whoever came up with that is a clearing in the woods. 

Pretty sure it's a Tim Sherwood quote, but to use it in our branding, in a font reminiscent of crayon, just reeks of the ineptitude that our club displayed top to bottom in that era.

If you're a big club, you don't need to tell everyone you're a big club.

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

What are you talking about? They aren't asking us to sell Grealish. They just don't want to loan their player to a club that won't play him, so they are waiting to hear if Grealish will be sold or not. That is completely fair. 

If we didn't want to play him we wouldn't have asked for him on loan. Their demands for players they want to loan out are unreasonable. Fines for not picking their players enough.. 

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If you're a big club, you don't need to tell everyone you're a big club.

It's the first rule of big clubs, you do not talk about big clubs. The second rule is much the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

I'm sure they weren't asking! But the rules they cooked up - take Grealish and Woodburn out of it - Waiting on us selling our best player and it being in their interests and all that. I will also enjoy beating them in future :thumb:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

TBH, I think it’s a better fit for the lad at Sheffield Utd. There’s less expectation, more opportunity to play (after loss of David Brooks) and perhaps will fit more to there high tempo counter based football in a settled team and system.

Also I wouldn’t want it to limit the development of our players, like Onomah did with JDH and CO’H last season; surely it would have been more beneficial for their development for them to come off the bench and make the odd appearance. There are enough BMH graduates that were not deemed good enough and allowed to leave for free in and around us in this league doing a good job. Heck I think we could make up a competitive 11 of them! Looks like Ipswich will add Donacien to that list also! 

Weve seen what game time and support has done for Grealish. I really like the look of CO’H too

Edited by GENTLEMAN

19 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

1A1C1836-4065-44FD-8195-54717AABE9B8.jpeg

That's the badger, ta Gentleman.  Yeah, all marketing had to do was leave Delph out of that pic and it all would have been fine (cringe-factor aside, obvs.), but front centre and with the captain's armband when everyone was already resigned to his departure... yeesh.

• Like 1

Â