The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People keep saying how crap we are without Jack and how we're a one man team.

It's worth noting that he didn't play until November this season. And we were 5th in the league when he came back into the team.

So whilst I agree that Jack is probably our best player, and we'd be worse off without him, we were hardly dreadful without him in the team.

Barring a big change in style, we'll be much worse off. He's certainly been the only thing worth watching in our side for most of the season.

Remarkably, wasn't central to plans 2016-17 either so we've only really been had 6 months of him in a starring role.

Only a real truckload of money will soften the blow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Barring a big change in style, we'll be much worse off. He's certainly been the only thing worth watching in our side for most of the season.

Remarkably, wasn't central to plans 2016-17 either so we've only really been had 6 months of him in a starring role.

It won’t soften the blow as we can’t spend it - it will just help cover losses . 

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I agree we'll be worse off. I was just objecting to people who were saying we are a shit team without him. We clearly weren't. 

We weren't AS good, but we were still promotion contenders.

Obviously this is a moot point as it's not like Jack will be the only departure (if he goes)

No player is bigger than this club.

I love Grealish and he is my favourite player at this club. However if his sale can rebuild this football squad and ease our FFP worries then I will sell him.

Grealish may not want to go but he may have to.

Realistically, after all of our cuts do you think that we will get promoted with Grealish next season?

He is better off going to the Premier league for a big fee. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd say we're far more likely to get promoted with Jack in the team than without. 

If we didn't replace him then yes but if he went for 20+ we could get some decent players signed and loaned with that which would leave us in a better position than keeping him. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would keep Grealish if possible..

There is more crap needing offloaded first in Hogan, De Leat, Gil, Whelan etc. before we contemplate selling our best asset.

The thing is though that lot together would bring in nowhere near half the money we’d get for Grealish .

we don’t want to sell him but maybe we will have no choice .

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

There are no pros to selling Grealish. We should be trying to build a team around him and doing everything we can to encourage him to be a one club player.

We all know Grealish is not going to be a one club player. 

He has the same agent as Gareth Bale. 

The biggest pro is that we can get a shedload of money for him which is beneficial for the financial health of this football club.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

The thing is though that lot together would bring in nowhere near half the money we’d get for Grealish .

we don’t want to sell him but maybe we will have no choice .

True Eastie and an ideal world would see that.

If Grealish is to go I would like to see half the shit remaining also sold to ease the blow if that makes sense, before he's sold.

I know their values are not all that but they also don't offer much staying here either..

Wages freed up would be quite big if most of these players where offloaded.

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

We all know Grealish is not going to be a one club player. 

He has the same agent as Gareth Bale. 

The biggest pro is that we can get a shedload of money for him which is beneficial for the financial health of this football club.

We will get less for him this summer than a year or two down the road. Do we know Grealish won't be a one club player? They do exist in the modern era, and world class at that.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True Eastie and an ideal world would see that.

If Grealish is to go I would like to see half the shit remaining also sold to ease the blow if that makes sense, before he's sold.

I know their values are not all that but they also don't offer much staying here either..

Wages freed up would be quite big if most of these players where offloaded.

True mate but the problem with paying big wages to older players if they then become very difficult to move on - we gambled heavily on experience and it’s all gone tits up 

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Keeping Grealish for a one season push for promotion is short term thinking.

We now need to think long term.

There are more pros to selling Grealish.

I have to disagree, we need to keep him at all costs.

It's the other crap we have we need to offload first replacing them with our other stars of youth also waiting in the wings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eastie said:

True mate but the problem with paying big wages to older players if they then become very difficult to move on - we gambled heavily on experience and it’s all gone tits up 

Totally agree it has... big time too mate.

As Hardy told Laurel.. "That's another fine mess you've got us into".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We will get less for him this summer than a year or two down the road. Do we know Grealish won't be a one club player? They do exist in the modern era, and world class at that.

I wouldn’t call Gabby world class, but to each their own opinion

• Haha 3

Â