The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I want 150 million for him plus Ronaldo or no deal, he staya st Villa.

That was tongue in cheek, but in todays current transfer climate, I would think 50 million would be good starting point if any one wanted to buy.

At the moment we need him. That's all that matters.

Tongue in cheek?.......I think you stuck it in my cheek and you're in Australia.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's 'worth' what somebody is willing to pay. 

However I will say this - people are in for a shock when we are back in the Premier League. André Ayew went for £18m yesterday, a player like Jack has to be worth double that at least, has to be. 

That's the closest you're getting from me as to a valuation. 

His value is what somebody is willing to pay. Doesn't mean he is worth that price. 

Anyway If that's the case then at the moment he is worth nothing as nobody has bid for him ;) 

But on a serious note a team would be paying for potential at the moment and hopefully no team will do that in the summer.

If he can be the player that many hope/expect next year in the Premier League then I agree we could get a lot of money for him and hopefully we reinvest it all. 

A lot has to happen yet though. 

42 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Gabby :ph34r:

I actually still hold Gabby in quite high esteem.

On topic though, I would be so pleased if Jack were to be a one club man.

I really think we have a player who has untapped and vast potential.

He's still so young, yet so poised and composed, technically sound, really is above and beyond this level and could be a very decent Premier League player.

Delph is playing for and about to win a title with City, I think Jack will go on to be the better player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's 'worth' what somebody is willing to pay. 

However I will say this - people are in for a shock when we are back in the Premier League. André Ayew went for £18m yesterday, a player like Jack has to be worth double that at least, has to be. 

That's the closest you're getting from me as to a valuation. 

I'm surprised I missed this earlier. How on earth can Jack be deemed worth double value of a player that consistently made and scored goals in the top flight for the past 3 seasons! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

he also doesnt yet possess that other facet that encourage clubs to buy a player - namely that he plays for one of your rivals. At the moment us having Jack doesnt hurt the big teams. When we go up and start challenging in the next couple of years then there will be a premium to his value in that buying him weakens us

• Like 1

Jack is such a tidy and intelligent player. Superb control and vision and clearly our most naturally gifted player for a while. 

My problem is he is yet to really take control of games. While having a lot of the ball and spreading the ball around nicely in front of a back 4. He is not imposing himself as much as he could. 

I want to see him driving at defences like against Bristol City. I want to see those curling efforts nestling in the top corner. I want to see him almost single-handedly decide result. 

I've no doubt it will eventually happen. But not quite there yet. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack is such a tidy and intelligent player. Superb control and vision and clearly our most naturally gifted player for a while. 

My problem is he is yet to really take control of games. While having a lot of the ball and spreading the ball around nicely in front of a back 4. He is not imposing himself as much as he could. 

I want to see him driving at defences like against Bristol City. I want to see those curling efforts nestling in the top corner. I want to see him almost single-handedly decide result. 

I've no doubt it will eventually happen. But not quite there yet. 

So like against Barnsley? 

I'd counter by saying that in my opinion he is dictating games. Imposing himself, driving forward, taking shots, creating goals. His 2 assists against Bristol and Barnsley were the type that no other player in this team could deliver, they were of a different class. Goals that wouldn't have happened if it were not for his direct involvement. 

I've no doubt he will continue. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So like against Barnsley? 

I'd counter by saying that in my opinion he is dictating games. Imposing himself, driving forward, taking shots, creating goals. His 2 assists against Bristol and Barnsley were the type that no other player in this team could deliver, they were of a different class. Goals that wouldn't have happened if it were not for his direct involvement. 

I've no doubt he will continue. 

I didn't see the Barnsley goal but yes, the way he did for the third goal. I want to see even more of it. I want to see these shots hitting the back of the net as well. 

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

As much as I love Jack, if someone bid £70m for him, I would bite their hand off. Assuming that Dr X would allow the summer's transfer budget to be increased by £70m.

(Disclaimer: I would like to make it clear that I am in no way suggesting a team has offered or will offer £70m, I'm not suggesting Jack is worth or valued at £70m, I'm not suggesting Jack is a better or worse player than other players who have been sold for £70m, I'm not suggesting anything about Jack's potential, I do not want a conversation and I'm not trying to open this up to a how-many-players-can-we-loan-debate. Terms and conditions apply, if destroyed still true, times infinity).

I don't know if i would. 

I genuinely enjoy watching him play, not many players have that affect on me and the potential he has is scary. I think i'd probably be disappointed if we sold him for £70 million. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd rather watch Jack on a football pitch than Virgil Van Dijk.

Just sayin' 

How about two Christian Eriksen 'up-and-coming' attacking midfielders from Europe? I'm sure we could get two of them for £70m.

Spoiler

Cue some old fart moaning "This isn't football manager sonny Jim!", which, by the way, I'm crap at, and haven't played regularly for about 5 years.

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't know if i would. 

I genuinely enjoy watching him play, not many players have that affect on me and the potential he has is scary. I think i'd probably be disappointed if we sold him for £70 million. 

I share this sentiment. From a somewhat practical perspective too I think. There's no guarantee we could attract a player of equal talent.

I genuinely think Jack can be up there with the best of them. He's by no means close to it yet, but the potential is there.

I'm talking David Silva, Juan Mata, Willian, Wilshere type impact on Premier League games.

If he did ascend to that level of play we know from experience we just won't attract that level of skill without having other players of similar calibre as leverage to convince others to sign.

Even if Jack doesn't become as good as I think he can, we know how important it is having even decent level Premier League players around can be.

Losing Ashley Young, Milner, Barry and Delph were significant blows to our Premier League stature. Benteke was on another level while here, but same consequence.

Look at how spreading their transfer fees thin over the squad went for us.

Edited by A'Villan

But there’s a difference between spreading a transfer fee thinly and spending it wisely. Look at how other clubs have successfully reinvested in their squads in recent years. Southampton under Poch being one of the best examples.

That £70m wouldn’t necessary need to be spent on numerous £3m players like we had to do under Lerner & Lambert. I believe that Dr X’s ambition is such that, FFP permitting, we would be spending generous amounts on players, like we have done since Dr X arrived, so it would be a case of complimenting the squad with more £20m-£30m players, if we could sell our vision (or, dare I say it, Villa Engine) to them. We’d just need to ensure that the money was spent wisely, and not splashed on McCormacks.

• Like 1

Â