The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, VillaCas said:

That's some imagination you've got there!

Or perhaps you lack one? ;)
Both lack pace. Like the ball to feet and to draw the defender in. Can play wide and behind the striker. Look like they have time on the ball.

I'm not comparing quality but attributes and style.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

21 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Some on here have supported selling him.  I have said I am open to selling Jack. Both have gotten reactions stating that our ideas are "utter madness". Those opinions have come from multiple posters.   That's what I mean when I use the term "golden child."  It's not utter madness to be open to selling an asset that may or may not reach its potential value.  If he does not each his potential, the price will never be this high again.  That's got to be at least worth thinking about.  A refusal to consider it is treating the young man like a treasure to be hoarded.... a "golden child" if you will permit.

you say he will be a better player at 25.  If he stays I hope you're right.  But I think you are making an assumption about his trajectory.  

I posted "utter madness", maybe a little hyperbolic on reflection...maybe just madness! ;)

You talk about making an assumption about his trajectory, but that's precisely what you seem to be doing. Yes, he's been an idiot off the field at times. The lad is still only 21 though.

Whatever else anyone thinks of Grealish, I'm convinced he wants to succeed at Villa, really bad. I think you and I are both saying let's wait and see. 

In terms of potential where would you rate Grealish, compared to other academy players? I don't know your time of reference. Barry looked like a future England international at 17. I'd argue he's possibly the most exciting since then. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 02:43, srsmithusa said:

Some on here have supported selling him.  I have said I am open to selling Jack. Both have gotten reactions stating that our ideas are "utter madness". Those opinions have come from multiple posters.   That's what I mean when I use the term "golden child."  It's not utter madness to be open to selling an asset that may or may not reach its potential value.  If he does not each his potential, the price will never be this high again.  That's got to be at least worth thinking about.  A refusal to consider it is treating the young man like a treasure to be hoarded.... a "golden child" if you will permit.

you say he will be a better player at 25.  If he stays I hope you're right.  But I think you are making an assumption about his trajectory.  

But IMO we stand to gain more if he reaches his potential than lose if he becomes awful. I also think he's more more likely to improve than to get worse. If he does improve, we may at worst take a few £ hit - though a lack of improvement and the footballing market will probably see us actually make more. We're also a under the assumption that we're not desperate for money, so grabbing a few million now doesn't really make much sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

He's been talking about vile abuse received on social media from villa fans.

Don't like the timing of that interview given links away over the weekend

I don't think it's a coincidence. 

This makes me think the club were trying to move him on. 

Absolutely terrible decision if true. 

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think it's a coincidence. 

This makes me think the club were trying to move him on. 

Absolutely terrible decision if true. 

But a page back, the abuse interview was also an interview (wasn't it the same one? Maybe it was a second interview?) about how hard he was trying to work on his game in order to succeed here and how great a relationship he had with Stephen Clemence. That interview eased my fears a bit. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

He's been talking about vile abuse received on social media from villa fans.

Don't like the timing of that interview given links away over the weekend

Post truth society. That was just a snippet from a much bigger interview about how hard he's working on his game, how much he loves playing for the club and in particular his close relationship with Stephen Clemence. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The interview is posted 1 page back. Worth a read.  

It's a great interview. I just worry he's put that out there because he doesn't want to leave and the club are open to it happening. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a great interview. I just worry he's put that out there because he doesn't want to leave and the club are open to it happening. 

OK. Bit of a conspiracy theory. He even talks about how much of an effort the club are putting into developing him. 

Anyway, it's all by the by because he's not going anywhere. It makes zero sense to Aston Villa, Jack Grealish and probably Middlesbrough to be fair.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

OK. Bit of a conspiracy theory. He even talks about how much of an effort the club are putting into developing him. 

Anyway, it's all by the by because he's not going anywhere. It makes zero sense to Aston Villa, Jack Grealish and probably Middlesbrough to be fair.

Maybe, just worried. 

Just seems coincidence that this interview comes after the rumours and in the same paper isn't it?

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The last thing Jack should be doing is talking to the press even if it is on his terms.

Just get on with playing lad.

Agreed , the best way to silence his criTics is to do hIs talking on the pitch . 

Now Is the time to step up and deliver with better players around him .

I'd be annoyed if Grealish was moved on without having the chance to play with an actual competent midfield behind him. Glad to hear that it looks as though he will remain a Villa 

He probably does more than most at Villa in terms of meeting fans and youngsters and making their Villa dreams come true. I think he's growing up and he's obviously proud as punch to play for the club. 

• Like 3

Â