The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Not seen anyone say that "us being shit is a Grealish issue". His average form is just one factor. There are plenty of others

but people are when they suggest that you can use an assist stat as a measuring stick, gestede had 9 goals in 50 games, ayew has 10 in 52, gabby....

we as a team scored 27 goals in 38 games last season, we've got 28 goals in 27 games this season

is it really any wonder that his assist stats are shit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

https:/www.whoscored.com/Players/113069/Show/Jack-Grealish

"Tackles: Tackles per game" (not tackles total).

Current Participations

View:
Overall
Home
Away
Tournament Apps Mins Tackles Inter Fouls Offsides Clear Drb Blocks OwnG Rating
Championship 16(5) 1466 1 0.8 0.7 - 0.2 0.3 - - 6.87
League Cup 1 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A -
FA Cup 1 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A -
Total / Average 23 1466 1 0.8 0.7 0 0.2 0.3 0 0 6.87
Mins: Minutes played Tackles: Tackles per game Inter: Interceptions per game
Fouls: Fouls per game Offsides: Offside won per game Clear: Clearances per game
Drb: Dribbled past per game Blocks: OutfielderBlockPerGame OwnG: Own goals

2 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Scored more than Gabby, has made more forward plays than most, moves the team forward and the opposition onto their heels.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people are raising questions about a 21 year old who has never played a full season and who is still developing physically and technically.
Yes he isn't pacey but heck, you don't need to be if you beat a man and know how play will unfurl. 

IMO his biggest problem isn't his physicality or his technique, it's his mentality.   

• Like 4

I understand why many would want to hang on to him and hope he comes good and in a no-cost world that would be fine. He doesn't come for free though so my concern is what do we have to give up to keep him. Some comments seem to suggest that money is no object and that £10-12m is a trifling amount that shouldn't concern us - I doubt that is the case

Secondly, to be truly effective Grealish seems to need the team to be set up around him - he's a skilful player but has done nothing to command that consideration. It would be a gamble to put all our eggs in that basket. I would rather develop a hard working, powerful midfield rather than one that depended on a very mercurial player having a good game

I wonder if there's a bit of an attitude problem here. I mean Villa fans can see his potential, the FA can see his potential, the media can see his potential, so I'm certain SB and the Villa hierarchy can see his potential. 

How many times have we seen "the next best thing" or the "new Messi" fade into obscurity? Too many, and the reason is their attitude. They fail to apply themselves and make their most of their ability. 

Paul Pogba is a case in point. Just resigned for Man U for £100 mill, arguably their best player this season. As a youngster though, Ravel Morrison was apparently the better player. The same Ravel Morrison who was linked to a Championship club in the summer, failing to get a game in Italy. I think it's pretty obvious to all that he doesn't have the attitude of a professional footballer.

If Jack's giving it billy big bollocks in training, not willing to work on his weaknesses to the extent a lad of his age should be, then maybe SB and his staff are reaching the conclusion that he may not have the attitude to realise his full potential on a consistent basis. There may be a concern that Jack, unless he bucks his ideas up, may have hit his limit.

It would be a real shame if true, because the lad has talent. If that's the case though, then reluctantly, the best thing for the club, and Jack himself, would be to let him go and bring someone first team ready in instead, or a youngster or two with the right attitude.

I don't think that decision would be taken lightly, and I think the message would be delivered with a heavy heart, but it could well be best for all involved. If he does move on and it gives him the kick up the arse he needs, then I would be more than happy to applaud him onto the Wembly pitch when he makes his debut for his country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That sounds like Tony talk. 

I wonder if @Deisler123 interpreted it into Chinese and then back again it might make perfect sense ;)

@dont_do_it_doug.

@kurtsimonw

yes if you translate back to CN and then back to EN, it makes more sense.

it means, I think:

we know what we are doing(in a tune in response to critism). I am also a football fan, but business is business. This happens in business all the time (don't involve too much personal things in it)

so basically xia confirmed the ongoing deal about Jack, and the club does not think Jack is unsellable.

hope this helps?

I wouldn't want to lose him in general but especially not this late in the window. Any money we get from him is going to be hard to spend in January now, so if he had to go then early Jan would have been better than we could have sat with perhaps and extra £15 mill to spend on a few players.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he is ruthless enough. I still think sometimes he plays like it's an under 21 match, which in some respects is a good trait, in others though...not so much,

Sometimes he plays like it's a kick around with his mates in the local park 

Yeah he's clearly saying Jack's potentially going. I agree with the mirror take in it (I know I know) but it seems to connect the dots. We want Rhodes and money for jack. 

Personally I 100% think it'd be a shame to sell him. I've lost faith recently but you've got to wonder how he'd do with hopefully better players around him. He has potential. Don't sell jack to fund Rhodes pleeeease tony. Just sell the actual dead weight if possible.

We've spent a hell of a lot money this year. Especially when you consider we may not even make the playoffs. The club has to recoup some of this money and as most of our deadwood would not bring in much they may have no choice but to sell Grealish for a pretty penny. I think it's completely understandable. Even the likes of City and Chelsea have to sell good players. 

Also what we should sensibly want for him boro should be sensibly unwilling to pay. He's proved nothing but we can't sell one of the brightest prospects in years on the cheap. 

This deal would actually piss me off. It'd be like how I was in the summer, excited about the new signings AND Adama all tearing up the league. (obvs none of this even nearly happened).

39 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Secondly, to be truly effective Grealish seems to need the team to be set up around him - he's a skilful player but has done nothing to command that consideration. It would be a gamble to put all our eggs in that basket. I would rather develop a hard working, powerful midfield rather than one that depended on a very mercurial player having a good game

Really?  I think he's shown more than enough to suggest this really isn't the case.  His problem is finding an end product/staying on his feet - and that will come with experience - not a lack of teamwork or not fitting a system.

Grealish is definitely not in the mould of McCormack who needs the team to play a certain way for him to come good.

• Like 2

Â