The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think it's important to have someone who is Villa and a potential star on the pitch, and I would overlook a few things (other players experience, etc) providing he was training hard just because he is by far the most enjoyable to watch of all our players. I want to be entertained.

Edited by a m ole

I think it's important to have someone who is Villa and a potential star on the pitch, and I would overlook a few things (other players experience, etc) providing he was training hard just because he is by far the most enjoyable to watch of all our players. I want to be entertained.

I think you will find, and rightly so, that our management team will want to play the players who can win them the game.

I think you will find, and rightly so, that our management team will want to play the players who can win them the game.

but if we can do both...

• Like 1

Maybe it is just me but having read the following via a release on Facebook, it really makes me wonder who taught this guy to write. Good to hear that Gil and Grealish are back in training but this is gobbledygook and so poorly written:

"Jack Grealish and Carles Gil are back in training - but Friday's Man Utd game might come too soon for the creative pair.

Grealish picked up a hamstring injury during the pre-season tour of Portugal. The 19-year-old, a star of the 2014/15 campaign in claret and blue, hasn't played any minutes thus far this term.

Gil was looking very impressive in training games against Fulham and Sporting Braga over in the Algarve before coming off against Swindon with an ankle injury. The former Valencia midfielder missed matches against Walsall, Wolves and Nottingham Forest with the troublesome issue. (?)

Both Grealish and Gil have returned to "the fields of Bodymoor Heath". But Tim Sherwood is wary of bringing them back too soon because of the nature of their injuries. He is relishing their eventual return though, due to their quality and also because they bring an ability to change formations.

The boss told AVTV: "Jack and Carles are still out injured.

"Once we get everyone fit and fighting for places, it gives us a lot of options to play different ways, which will be crucial. "Jack and Carles are training. They have had a few training sessions. "But we don't want to push them back too early because they've had soft tissue injuries."We don't want them to reoccur."

Maybe I am being to fussy but if they are going to write stuff they should get someone who knows how to do it.

Don't think he is a automatic starter. I would still play Gil ahead of him. Grealish is defo a talent but he is not the superstar we want him to be yet

And he never will be if he doesn't get games, I would play him.

• Like 1

Why are people saying its either Grealish or Gil? Why can't it be both. They're both our most creative advanced players. If we adopt our 2 attacking midfield 4-3-3 system, than I don't see anyone beating these two out in our current squad. Think from both pre season and what Sherwood has been saying, he clearly has big plans for both Grealish and Gil. 

Don't think he is a automatic starter. I would still play Gil ahead of him. Grealish is defo a talent but he is not the superstar we want him to be yet

As opposed to the superstar Carles Gil?

We have many options now, and I think both of these players, especially Gil, will be challenged to get into the team, and that is how it should be.

If they are good enough they can do it. In my opinion, Grealish will be good enough, Gil I am not sure about.

As opposed to the superstar Carles Gil?

plz don't doubt Carles.  Ta.

• Like 1

Jack will get loads of games. As far as I'm concerned, he only has one player to compete with in the squad and that's Gil. I think they will be swapped around quite a lot throughout the year. I don't see them playing together much though. They should both play the "number 10" role whenever they play. 

• Like 1

I'd agree with that PieFace although the thought of Gil swinging in crosses from the right for Rudy does excite me I think he will have several others ahead of him in that position. Especially as Sherwood really seems to want raw pace in that position.

But for sure when we play two deep and a No.10 Jack and Gil would be top of the list. I should imagine that is a formation we will see at home more than away.

Â