The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I would like to point out my earlier comments about Grealish and how he should play for Ireland were wrong. If I were in his shoes and felt ties to both Ireland and England and had to choose between them. Based on his performance yesterday he should play for England. Slim as it may be there is that tiny chance you could play in a World Cup final, not to mention the significant increased earning potential of being and England international. 

As long as he stays with Villa for a long time, that's all that really matters. 

Obviously I'd like to see the boy stay with Ireland, and going by his comments last month I think he'll stay with us, but if he fulfills his potential and stars for Villa then there's no hard feelings if he nails his colours to the England mast.

Be sweet if he makes his debut for the Senior Ireland team come June mind  ;)

Frankly I'd be very pleased if he retired from international football right now. I don't care for it and I don't want him getting injured in some meaningless nonsense. 

He was fantastic yesterday, he plays slower than everyone else, he has more time and as Sherwood said, the ball is a friend of his. Chuffed to bits for him, hope he keeps it up, can't wait for a goal.

• Like 4

His dad's just been on 5 live. Spoke a little bit about his contract and how committing to a four year contract was a "big chunk of his career." Bit concerning but I might just be over thinking it.

Edited by MrSmirch

Outstanding performance

I'd love to see a villa side next season with Grealish, Benteke and Delph in it

Same here.  If we keep hold of the three of them we'll be top 10 easily.

• Like 1

Love watching Grealish play but I do wish he would put some proper shin pads on. I get nervous every time he is tackled, particularly since a rather vicious, studs into the shin, type of "tackle" has been allowed to take hold in premier league football over the past couple of seasons.

• Like 1

He's one of ours

Would it be wrong to rip off the Harry Kane tune and replace with Jackie Grealish… He's one of our own!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Â