The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Thought he handled himself very well when he received that totally ludicrous sending off.

Think the ref was just trying to even out the rather dodgy sending off of Yacob.

Yeah took 20 minutes to get off the pitch, fair play tot he lad.

I thought it was a dive and the ref got that one right. Still have no idea what the first yellow was for though.

This.

I've seen it again and looks a dive to me.

But I still don't know what the first one was for. At the game I actually thought he must have said something and got both yellows for that one incident. I don't think anyone in the ground saw the first booking, whenever it was.

• Like 1

I thought it was a dive and the ref got that one right. Still have no idea what the first yellow was for though.

This.

I've seen it again and looks a dive to me.

But I still don't know what the first one was for. At the game I actually thought he must have said something and got both yellows for that one incident. I don't think anyone in the ground saw the first booking, whenever it was.

He pulled back a West Brom player.

Knew exactly what he was doing, tried to make the contact and then went down like a sack of spuds, absolutely hate it when players do it especially given the situation at the time, he didn't need to do it.

Hope he learns from it

I thought his foot kicked the ground and tripped. Haven't seen a replay though

Was at the game and never thought it was a dive . His foot catches lescotts heel. Lawro said it was not a dive and so did shearer and jenas. Watched it numerous times and both sendings off were a joke. Watch the replay again and you'll see it was no dive and was not a sending off for both. Edited by nazvfc

He dived and got punished for it, he got clipped but was going down already and he flicked his leg. A lot of those get given as fouls but Jack was unlucky to get caught and be punished.

Also a case of the ref wanting to even up his mistake.

• Like 3

It was not a dive

He did catch Lescotts heel....who's fault that was is anyone's call.....but it did look like Grealish to me.

Whether the ref seen that I don't know, but a dive, not for me, more a clash.

Jakob did put his right foot in to Bacuna's left thigh from a double foot challenge.........not sure what the ref saw.

To me the ref could have been right....2 x yellows Upon 2yellows

Not sure the ref was as wrong as some maintain.

Edited by TRO

IMO it wasn't a dive, but he did bottle the challenging with Lescott and thats what makes it look worse. 

Dunno if its because he is still quite lightweight or if wearing shin guards would help but no way would another midfielder have ducked that challenge.

Needs to smarten up a bit but put in a lovely assist for Sinclair.

The most annoying thing about the red card is it can't be appealed.

An appeal would be unsuccessful anyway. It was a dive.

Unfortunate, and does seem harsh seeing as the first booking was so innocuous, but it's only a 1 game ban for the sunderland game

• Like 1

Unfortunate, and does seem harsh seeing as the first booking was so innocuous, but it's only a 1 game ban for the sunderland game

A dive to cheat or as evasive action?

• Like 1

All of the pundits agreed it wasn't a dive. Even WBA fans agreed it wasn't a dive. Even without contact (which is debatable) it wasn't a dive.

We need a gif. Lescott ran across him, Grealish had to take evasive action as he was running quite fast.

If it was the other way around I'd be saying exactly the same.

• Like 1

A dive to cheat or as evasive action?

I saw it as a dive to cheat. I think he even "manufactured" contact with Lescott.

Don't get me wrong, it's still harsh. It's harsh that he's been sent off.

What I'm saying is if it was possible for us to appeal it then it wouldn't get overturned because there's enough in it to say the ref got it right.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

The key for me isn't the incident itself, it's the reaction. Gresford went down, and within seconds looked up and went to spring back up. He never looked at the ref, he never asked for anything.

He jumped out of the way and wanted to get up quickly to chase the ball. The ref was too hasty to make up for a previous mistake and made a bad decision. Simple.

• Like 1

Â