The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Lambert clearly has confidence in him. Sending him out there as third sub with half an hour to go with the team down to ten men says a great deal.

Not starting him when we've won 2 from 15 and scored 11 all season says more.
He hasn't done anything of note in the first team up until today.

If he was as good today as people have said (I didn't see the game) then the test is whether Lambert gives him a chance to start now.

I think he will.

Lambert clearly has confidence in him. Sending him out there as third sub with half an hour to go with the team down to ten men says a great deal.

If he was as good today as people have said (I didn't see the game) then the test is whether Lambert gives him a chance to start now.

I think he will.

While struggling to win and score goals he could have been given much more of a chance to show what he can do.

• Like 2

Fair play to the lad. Came on and made a difference to an otherwise awful performance.

At this stage, he's definately worth a starting slot however, I'm yet to see anything more promising than we did with someone like albrighton when he's come on in the past and added a bit of 'life'.

• Like 2

Took the ball out wide a few times, and challenged defenders, both of which he did very well.

I worry about how skinny he is, but he should be starting on Thursday against Palace. Play him up front with Benteke. See how he does when he is a starter, maybe he gets a confidence boost from it.

Did genuinely seem with a couple of crosses that he couldn't generate the power to put a good cross in due to his more slight frame, but he can work on that. Looked a real threat. Does he actually wear shin pads or does he just wear them really low? Hard to tell.

So you didn't see 2 out of the 3 fantastic corners he put in with power?

As good as he's looked this season, he still doesn't work hard enough, for me. There was a point today when he was jogging while the Sunderland players near him had the ball. He'd only been on the pitch for ten minutes. Lazy.

I think he will.

While struggling to win and score goals he could have been given much more of a chance to show what he can do.
Possibly. But you could say that about every player not currently in the first team squad.

He was given several chances and showed very little.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have had him there than Nzogbia. And I'm delighted he's playing well.

But again I can see why he wasn't thrown in.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Did genuinely seem with a couple of crosses that he couldn't generate the power to put a good cross in due to his more slight frame, but he can work on that. Looked a real threat. Does he actually wear shin pads or does he just wear them really low? Hard to tell.

The rules say that shin pads are compulsory....so yes he does wear them!

I think he will.

Possibly. But you could say that about every player not currently in the first team squad.

He was given several chances and showed very little.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have had him there than Nzogbia. And I'm delighted he's playing well.

But again I can see why he wasn't thrown in.

I don't see how he's been given plenty of chances and showed very little? I think he's been very promising in most of his performances. The only time he's gotten more than 30 minutes is in the game against Arsenal where we were 3-0 down at the time and the team was totally bereft of confidence.

I think Lambert has actually managed him pretty well but I think he was totally wrong in giving N'Zogbia a chance yet again over him (I think most of us agree on that). He did right in bringing him on today though and he showed that he deserves to get his chance in the starting line up IMO.

I don't really disagree with any of that.

I just think that when he's featured this season he hasn't done much. In fact in most of his appearances he's appeared decidedly off the pace.

I'm not knocking him, that's exactly what you'd expect from a young kid who's never played before.

But that's also exactly the reason you don't throw them in straight away.

Eventually you reach that tipping point where game time is more beneficial to his development than detrimental, and I think we've reached that tipping point judging by how people say he played today.

He deserves to start ahead of NZogbia now. You'll get no argument from me about that!

• Like 2

He may have won a starting job today...I hope he did, cuz we have noone else on the wing who stretch defenses like that and whip in crosses to the big man.

He will need to prove his mettle over 90 minutes though, and not get bored when the game gets stale.

I think he has a few goals in him.

I like that he's a pure footballer.

So many young players that come into the top flight these days are just a set of wheels with nothing between the ears, Jack has so much more technique to his game.

He should be ahead of Weimann every day of the week.

Has to start. Kevan if your still reading the site.. Tell your bro to take on his man a bit more.. He has the ability to skip past players but has looked for the pass or cross. A few great balls that noone bothered to make a run for. 

He was better off taking on his man.. most likely would be brought down. We can win a few pens with this kids ability.

His work rate has improved a lot as well since the first game i personally criticized him for. Glad to see.

Deserves a start alongside Bacuna. More to freshen up than anything since we have been 'running on empty'.

We are so bereft of energy and ideas up front, I think he should also be looking at Robinson, though I guess two youngsters on the pitch at the same time might be detrimental when it comes to tracking back.

I can easily think of two front players they could replace.

Fair play to the lad. Came on and made a difference to an otherwise awful performance.

At this stage, he's definately worth a starting slot however, I'm yet to see anything more promising than we did with someone like albrighton when he's come on in the past and added a bit of 'life'.

I think he has a lot more about him than Albrighton ever did at this stage. Not sure how he'll go but he is definitely worth a starting slot above the likes of Weimann and N'Zogbia.

Can't believe people are complaining about him not tracking back.

He is not a defensive player- all he has to do is hassle a bit, preferably higher up the pitch- id play him in the middle. Just behind benteke.

Besides that what about Nzog when defending. So much ball watching all the time.

• Like 1

He tracked back yesterday no? I should know, I was sat right by the corner flag in the lower north stand and watched him race back 60 yards to help retrieve the ball. Twice.

Funny that, I saw the same thing! 

Â