The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Not looking too good for a start today.

Lambert said

“It’s a challenge for him - he’s got to earn the right to get in,” said the Villa boss.

To be fair he's right. Weimman, nzogbia and cleverley continue to earn the right to start games so Grealish will have to do the same.

• Like 2

Matt Kendrick has got it spot on today when he said

"My fear is that Paul Lambert will only deem Jack Grealish 'ready' when his natural flair and risk taking has been coached out of him'

How the two headless chickens of Weimann and Nzogbia get ahead of him says it all about Lamberts philosophy.

• Like 3

And whats with this "he needs to get bigger" bollocks, he is a tricky winger who can glide past players and handled himself in league 1, why does he need to bulk up?

Exactly this, I think build wise there is not much of a difference with him and Ashley Young

• Like 1

He has clearly shown that he should be in the side on merit. Another very conservative and poor decision by Lambert not to play him today.

I'm hoping it was just a comment to the press and grealish will still get a start

It's that kind of play it safe mentality that sees us with just 11 goals and 5 wins.

Yeah well Lambert went for it in the first season and the result was that we nearly went down. He has been cautious ever since to meet the minimum target of staying up. Boring but will keep him in a job.

It's that kind of play it safe mentality that sees us with just 11 goals and 5 wins.

Yeah well Lambert went for it in the first season and the result was that we nearly went down. He has been cautious ever since to meet the minimum target of staying up. Boring but will keep him in a job.

I'd say the best spell that first season was when we went for it during those final 9/10 games so I strongly disagree with that.

I agree with starting him today, If he don't impress bring him off at half time.

As I keep saying though, he is not defensive enough and for Lambert thats to much of a risk. We never see big runs from midfielders because it opens us up defensively and thats not Lamberts game. This is why if Benteke is not on it, we won't get goals. Its also why Wiemann and Gabby always look useless because they are not really defensive players.

This lad must be wondering what on earth else is there he can possibly do in the 15/20mins game time he gets. 

Sunderland game was a great example, Playing with 10 men comes on and dose more in 20 mins than those other trained chimps have done all game with 11 men. 

At his young age this will only be more detrimental to building up the lads confidence. 

A wise man once said "You can only piss with the c**k you got"

So Please give the lad more game time Lambert, and let him piss all over the **** job!

Matt Kendrick has got it spot on today when he said

"My fear is that Paul Lambert will only deem Jack Grealish 'ready' when his natural flair and risk taking has been coached out of him'

How the two headless chickens of Weimann and Nzogbia get ahead of him says it all about Lamberts philosophy.

Quick, somebody pass Kendrick a lemon for his anti-Lambert bitterness.

Â