The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I feel a bit sad for Jack right now.

I don't because I still think he'll come good, whilst also getting paid a **** fortune and winning the league 

I also manage to avoid the rags dragging him through the gutters, are the knives out yet or merely being sharpened? I imagine the sun will love a £100m flop, the problem will be that it will come with a claim that he was never really that good anyway 

And that will piss me off because he was, he was brilliant for us but with the way English football is that will all be swept under the carpet because we're Aston Villa

His failure at city will have a belittling of us tacked on to it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't because I still think he'll come good, whilst also getting paid a **** fortune and winning the league 

I also manage to avoid the rags dragging him through the gutters, are the knives out yet or merely being sharpened? I imagine the sun will love a £100m flop, the problem will be that it will come with a claim that he was never really that good anyway 

And that will piss me off because he was, he was brilliant for us but with the way English football is that will all be swept under the carpet because we're Aston Villa

Yup. He's doing this bad because he's from Villa and was over performing as a big fish in a small pond etc.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yup. He's doing this bad because he's from Villa and was over performing as a big fish in a small pond etc.

No more likes but that's exactly how I see it too

Already a case of its a step up that he's not capable of and pep plays some genius brand of football that he can't adapt to

Its like a country bumpkin has gone to the big city 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm sorry, as far as I'm concerned he's just a guy who used to play for us. I really don't get the desperation to bring him back. 

His form has fallen off a cliff, Buendia looks twice the player and is delighted to be here. 

Grealish will be sold for about £40m to another top but nevertheless lesser team who can afford his wages, fail there and end up signing for whoever is doing an Everton in a few years near the end of his contract. Ross Barkley mk2

Not wrong there, Buendia has really stepped it up to another level the last few games, which also makes it such a shame Grealish we know and loved left .

Buendia, Grealish, Bailey, Coutinho, Troare Watkins, Ings… that would’ve been some attack!

The difference is that, when playing for us, everything went through Grealish. He could have 6 or 7 solo runs which would cause havoc more often than not. But he was allowed to take risks and sometimes fail. He's not allowed to do that now, is getting the ball infrequently, and is expected to deliver what he did for us.

Such a random signing considering how Guardiola wants to play.

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He’d still be brilliant under Gerrard and this system, it would really suit him (the super hard working version we saw at his best here). He’s not even failing at City, he’s just a functional cog in the Pep machine. The beauty of his game is gone and he’s doing exactly what he’s asked to. It’s dull as **** but it works almost all the time. Sold his soul.

Not really sure where the issue is anyway, not winning that game is nothing to do with Jack and everything to do with Pep. Still, they have a gap at the top of the table and still look like walking it despite this minor set back. If city fans want their players to play like Jack did at Villa, they maybe they should support a different club because that’s just what City are. It wouldn’t be the first time they’ve switched allegiances.

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

He looks almost unfit he can’t match the intensity and aggression of his teammates. 

No, no, no he’s doing brilliantly and anybody who says otherwise is a jealous ex-girlfriend ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Would you drop signing Coutinho for £33m if it meant we could bring Jack back for £50m?

If it was purely based on footballing ability than yes, I would. But my worry with re-signing Jack would be whether he still had the motivation if he knew his time at the very top had already passed, and how he’d fit into our dressing room when he wasn’t head and shoulders above everyone else and with a manager who wouldn’t take any shit from him.

Coutinho seems to have no ego, which is a huge point in his favour imo.

7 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I remember a moment in time people were thinking of Beundia, Bailey and Grealish teaming up! Just under six months ago.

funny thing is we now have Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey which is arguably as good and £100m quid.

Obviously if we keep Coutinho it’s only £67m given the fee is £33m for Coutinho but I think we have won this one.

Edited by nick76

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He seems lost without the management of Smith, its similar with England 

i dont think its that he is lost without Smith, but that he benefits when he is the centre of attention, allowed to just go and do his thing, no strings, no responsibilities, where he can just go out and fully express himself, and the play revolves around him.

Unfortunately, he was only allowed to do this at Villa, not with England, and certainly not with Man City.

Its amazing how average he looks when Man City dont "play to his strengths", he really doesnt suit their style of play...at all.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

funny thing is we now have Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey which is arguably as good and £100m quid.

Obviously if we keep Coutinho it’s only £67m given the fee is £33m for Coutinho but I think we have won this one.

Yeah ... I'm OK with what we have. I'm just comparing with where we were on1sr Aug with today. No Grealish, No Dean. Gained Young, Beundia, Bailey, Digne, Coutinho and of course Gerrard. Who would have thought? The universe is chaotic, and Aston Villa is part of that chaos.

It's fun watching the chaos unfold.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Grealish was worth 100m, he's worth more in fact and if we had the option to turn it down we would have done.

It's not suited for him there at all and he's probably not even enjoying playing football.

well....i would say i have sympathy for him...but i dont.

He made his bed, now he can lie in it.

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I agree with you here. Who would you rather have watched in the England side during the Euros ... apart from Mings of course.

Well. He hardly played to be fair. I really wanted him to play but he was crap when he did. Sterling was easily our best player 

• Haha 1

Â