The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That’s the thing - yes I do a little. Might be easy but when you’re paid 400k a month, who gives a shit about what sports direct can give you.

Its not money that they're giving you... The brand exposure is what he wants, same with the CoD advert

He's got a year for the world cup campaigns and at the moment it's hard to see Nike touching him let alone a pepsi or nivea or Gillette, he should at least pick up some deals with England's partners nearer the time*

*reading through England's partners list is a sad thing, no wonder they're not bothered about FFP and these shambolic partnership deals bringing in revenues exclusive to the biggest clubs they're as bad as any of them

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not money that they're giving you... The brand exposure is what he wants, same with the CoD advert

He's got a year for the world cup campaigns and at the moment it's hard to see Nike touching him let alone a pepsi or nivea or Gillette, he should at least pick up some deals with England's partners nearer the time*

*reading through England's partners list is a sad thing, no wonder they're not bothered about FFP and these shambolic partnership deals bringing in revenues exclusive to the biggest clubs they're as bad as any of them

Yeah exactly, it’s what I find so alien and sad about it. Personality opposites I guess.

52 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That’s the thing - yes I do a little. Might be easy but when you’re paid 400k a month, who gives a shit about what sports direct can give you.

Agreed - it's about brand rehabilitation. He'd love to be Brand Beckham but he lacks any charisma and a criminal record to boot. Grealish as a brand is damaged goods off the pitch. Not something they'd want to be associated with - especially given his private life continues to make headlines however it may prove or not, mud sticks. And his reputation lends itself to such interpretation.

A lot, and I mean a lot, are still rightly angry about his lockdown antics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Agreed - it's about brand rehabilitation. He'd love to be Brand Beckham but he lacks any charisma and a criminal record to boot. Grealish as a brand is damaged goods off the pitch. Not something they'd want to be associated with - especially given his private life continues to make headlines however it may prove or not, mud sticks. And his reputation lends itself to such interpretation.

A lot, and I mean a lot, are still rightly angry about his lockdown antics.

Nah, loveable rogue. He'll always be marketable. Just probably won't make it as Blue Peter presenter.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Straggler said:

I'd be more inclined to believe Jock McLiesalot, from Half Truth Town in Talk BS county, after he graduated with honours in falsehoods and gaslighting from Oxford University even after he was convicted for fraud, if he told me he was riding into town on a glorious pink unicorn this evening to copulate as the meat in an JFK and Elvis sandwich, than believe the Sun.

Sorry which cabinet member is this? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Nah, loveable rogue. He'll always be marketable. Just probably won't make it as Blue Peter presenter.

Just dont see it and I said the same when he was here. His agent would have been hoping for bigger companies than Sports Direct. He has probably been lost in the pack for the English players coming through. Foden could be marketed as the loveable rogue

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, gotta start somewhere, they can't all be Johnny Depp burying his costume jewellery in the desert for some reason or other. 

Well he is a pirate. Isn't burying treasure what they do?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just dont see it and I said the same when he was here. His agent would have been hoping for bigger companies than Sports Direct. He has probably been lost in the pack for the English players coming through. Foden could be marketed as the loveable rogue

Sports direct are a big company, and why the feck would they care anyways? 

You guys are clutching. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Sports direct are a big company, and why the feck would they care anyways? 

You guys are clutching. 

Eh I have no problem that he actually left and have said it before. I just dont think he is a marketable superstar like many wish

As for Sports Direct they are a big company but so is Ryanair. Doesn't mean its a respectable company 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Famous sportsman does sponsorship for large chain of sportswear stores

200.gif

I said it amazes me that footballers want to do it, not that they do. I’m not surprised in the slightest. The point is in that situation I’d tell Sports Direct to **** off.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Eh I have no problem that he actually left and have said it before. I just dont think he is a marketable superstar like many wish

As for Sports Direct they are a big company but so is Ryanair. Doesn't mean its a respectable company 

I'm sure his agent would appreciate it if you send a list of companies that fit your criteria of being respectable. 

40 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I said it amazes me that footballers want to do it, not that they do. I’m not surprised in the slightest. The point is in that situation I’d tell Sports Direct to **** off.

Very easy explanation.

Big dolla dolla. 

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think your horse needs to be particularly high to look down on doing business with Mike Ashley's zero hour contract empire.

All sportswear manufacturers use let’s say “cheap” labour to make their products. 
If you’re going down that road then all footballers will be playing bare footed. It’s certainly not a Jack Grealish thing. 

• Like 1

Â