The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's probably good in a way that we've shifted a player who could do pretty much whatever he wanted at the club for a huge fee.

I think hindsight will go on to prove that to be true.

• Like 2

I don't wish this on him.....but wouldn't it be ironic, if he lost his England place while playing for them.

I honestly think he was playing better for us, on the evidence, I have seen so far.

Early days, I know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't wish this on him.....but wouldn't it be ironic, if he lost his England place while playing for them.

I honestly think he was playing better for us, on the evidence, I have seen so far.

Early days, I know.

He will play every single England game until Southgate is manager. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Early days, I know.

I actually do now. At first I followed him and wished he'd do well. But I notice that I don't feel like that any more. He's becoming an ex like all the rest.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I actually do now. At first I followed him and wished he'd do well. But I notice that I don't feel like that any more. He's becoming an ex like all the rest.

I know what you mean.☹️

• Like 2

Benteke was someone I actually wished well for a few months. He was a shining light in a dismal spell for us. I know people hated him for going to Liverpool but I was o.k with it and wanted him to do well there. Flopped and not really bothered about him since he went to Palace other than the usual Bobzy fanboy posts.😉

With this one I just don't care. He'll win stuff at Man. City like Barry and Milner did (would be hilarious if he didn't but it's a remote chance while Pep is there) but one trophy for us would mean more than winning the league cup with them.

In the last few weeks we've shown we've got some very good players still at this club so I'd rather post on here about them than go on and on about a former player. 

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah I think I was a bit harsh questioning it like that tbf. My immediate thought waa that Grealish is better than both, but Benteke had genuine world class potential when younger, and I always rated Gueye.

Just always thought Grealish is a very special player, which he is, but he has to show it at City now.

No worries! yeah what I meant was we sold Tekkers at his peak value and did nothing after. Gueye we sold below his peak value who went on to be a top player with far greater value.

I suppose another way of saying it is, we saw the best of Benteke, we never saw the best of Gueye (not his fault).

Whether we saw the best of Jack Grealish is an open question in my mind (although I lean towards "yes we did" its gonna take a few years to find out.) 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villan-scott said:

So sad to see such a great player reduced to this.

Entirely of his own doing though ofc, so have literally zero sympathy.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No worries! yeah what I meant was we sold Tekkers at his peak value and did nothing after. Gueye we sold below his peak value who went on to be a top player with far greater value.

I suppose another way of saying it is, we saw the best of Benteke, we never saw the best of Gueye (not his fault).

Whether we saw the best of Jack Grealish is an open question in my mind (although I lean towards "yes we did" its gonna take a few years to find out.) 

Yeah get what you mean completely! Really is gonna be fascinating to see how he gets on at City in the longer term.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Early days, I know.

He’ll get a call up regardless of how he plays for the simple fact he plays for City.

• Like 2

Has anyone actually watched him play for Man City? 

I haven’t, I don’t have much interest in watching anyone else but Villa. But I wondered if he’s playing like he did for us, or is he a shadow of his former glory? much like he has been for England. 

• Like 1

Â