The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jesus isnt great but he has probably been City best player so far this season 

Fotmob has him as 8th best player this season. Feels closer to my impression.

53-D43-CBF-409-F-4395-90-C6-F527-FD6-DC9

For Champions league his rating is 6.10 (second worst)

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Fotmob has him as 8th best player this season. Feels closer to my impression.

53-D43-CBF-409-F-4395-90-C6-F527-FD6-DC9

For Champions league his rating is 6.10 (second worst)

In terms of output he is comfortably ahead with 2 goals and 3 assist. He has been the difference in certain games. Chelsea being the obvious example.  

He is 4th on Whoscored. 2 motm performances out of 5 starts.  I’m really struggling to understand how anybody can say he is not a great player.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s early days but we all used to say imagine how good he would be with better players around him.  

I think it will be more of a case of how ordinary will he look with better players around him. 

I’ll give him a couple of seasons there.

btw I’m not bitter, will always love what he did for us and don’t begrudge him his move. He would have been crazy not to take this opportunity. I’m just saying it as I see it now.

I agree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think you're completely wrong fwiw

why is he, 6 games, one goal, one assist and one yellow, people can dress it up how they want but as an attacking 100 million pound player its pretty pants IMO. No doubt he will get better but he just might not 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

why is he, 6 games, one goal, one assist and one yellow, people can dress it up how they want but as an attacking 100 million pound player its pretty pants IMO. No doubt he will get better but he just might not 

Not to mention it was the luckiest of goals. 

Nobody is doubting his immense abilities - just that time will tell if he can truly excel in that system 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Not to mention it was the luckiest of goals. 

Nobody is doubting his immense abilities - just that time will tell if he can truly excel in that system 

Exactly, it is not a given 

Let's not be hypocritical.

How many times has Jack not scored/assisted, yet he was the difference on the pitch at Villa? And we all saw it, yet we question it when he does it in a blue shirt?

His movement alone allows Silva/KDB to run into positions as Jack pulls two defenders away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

How many times has Jack not scored/assisted, yet he was the difference on the pitch at Villa? And we all saw it, yet we question it when he does it in a blue shirt?

His movement alone allows Silva/KDB to run into positions as Jack pulls two defenders away.

not like they were running into those positions last year, IMO Citeh do not look as good a side with him in it . They have made Sterling impotent by sticking Jack in his position for one.  

wasn't it just last week that the stat was he's created the most chances in open play in the PL this season? same as he always did for us

city have an elite striker problem, thats it, they lost to PSG's £bn squad of superstars and he got played out of the game by the 2nd most expensive RB in football despite the team missing a string of great chances and PSGs GK getting MOTM

the media are trying to spin pep has a huge problem there, he doesnt, it looked like they battered chelsea at the weekend, they're perfectly fine and so is he

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

wasn't it just last week that the stat was he's created the most chances in open play in the PL this season? same as he always did for us

city have an elite striker problem, thats it, they lost to PSG's £bn squad of superstars and he got played out of the game by the 2nd most expensive RB in football despite the team missing a string of great chances and PSGs GK getting MOTM

the media are trying to spin pep has a huge problem there, he doesnt, it looked like they battered chelsea at the weekend, they're perfectly fine and so is he

I suppose it depends on what you define as a chance. Passing the ball to KDB so he has a 30 yard shot. Is that a chance created? 

In terms of big chances created on the premier league website (whatever that means) he has created 1.

Not having a dig at Jack. Just trying to understand what defines chances created.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chance created is not a great stat though. Its the same way his goal and assists stats weren't really that special here but Jack is an eyeball test player and he just isnt the same. He looks a bit sluggish, doesnt smile as much and has lost his swagger. Could be a blip

Ironically this would have been a Southgate excuse for dropping him if this was at Villa 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suppose it depends on what you define as a chance. Passing the ball to KDB so he has a 30 yard shot. Is that a chance created? 

In terms of big chances created on the premier league website (whatever that means) he has created 1.

Not having a dig at Jack. Just trying to understand what defines chances created.

Its a weak stat for me specifically that KDB reason you gave

Wish people would stop mentioning Sterling in the same breath as Jack, one is the most overrated player at the top of the game and the other is having to adapt from carrying a team to playing in a team, I hate that he has gone, I hate shiteh more, I hate what's becoming of the game I grew up loving but Jack is a once in a lifetime talent. Sterling is spit, spit, fck him can't be arsed, he's not on the same level as Jack.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don’t think we are being hypocritical at all. At Villa the whole game plan was give it to Jack and hopefully he does something. He doesn’t have that luxury anymore so he needs to make things happen when he gets the chance to. 

I think people are just able to be a lot more objective of his performances now.  Previously it was almost blasphemy to criticise him. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wish people would stop mentioning Sterling in the same breath as Jack, one is the most overrated player at the top of the game and the other is having to adapt from carrying a team to playing in a team, I hate that he has gone, I hate shiteh more, I hate what's becoming of the game I grew up loving but Jack is a once in a lifetime talent. Sterling is spit, spit, fck him can't be arsed, he's not on the same level as Jack.

I know it’s not all about stats but Sterling’s stats in terms of goals and assists are pretty amazing.  They are different players. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we are being hypocritical at all. At Villa the whole game plan was give it to Jack and hopefully he does something. He doesn’t have that luxury anymore so he needs to make things happen when he gets the chance to. 

I think people are just able to be a lot more objective of his performances now.  Previously it was almost blasphemy to criticise him. 

You might be right.

At the same time, we were shouting about his 'chances created' stats to showcase how much he brings to the team. We did this in 2018,2019 and last year even before he got the England call up.

It seems like his stats are similar this season in this respect, so we should still praise his performance on that basis. 

Â