The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Only time will tell.   

To be fair to me at least I’ll be consistently wrong. I used to say I thought this would happen if he moved there. 

Like I said before everyone seems to be jumping on a poor 25 minutes against PSG and acting like that's how he's played the entire time he's been there.

He's already been really really good for City. He appears to be one of only about 3 players they have who is "nailed" to start.

He hasn't suddenly got shit because he had one poor spell a Champions League game

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Like I said before everyone seems to be jumping on a poor 25 minutes against PSG and acting like that's how he's played the entire time he's been there.

He's already been really really good for City. He appears to be one of only about 3 players they have who is "nailed" to start.

He hasn't suddenly got shit because he had one poor spell a Champions League game

Because of his price tag and profile. I’ve watched pretty much every game and I honestly don’t think he’s been anything special.  He’s played well but no way has he been any sort of game changer. They would have won those games without him. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why? You spend 100m on a player you’d be expected to start him.  

It's Man City. They have a squad full of expensive players that don't start. They could easily be easing him in or resting him or rotating him.

It's just a convenient excuse to explain why he is playing. before he went everyone said "oh he'll just sit on the bench". And now that he is actually playing the excuse is "oh well it's because he's expensive so of course they're playing him"

He's playing because he's a **** good footballer. And he's been very good for Man City so far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's Man City. They have a squad full of expensive players that don't start. They could easily be easing him in or resting him or rotating him.

It's just a convenient excuse to explain why he is playing. before he went everyone said "oh he'll just sit on the bench". And now that he is actually playing the excuse is "oh well it's because he's expensive so of course they're playing him"

He's playing because he's a **** good footballer. And he's been very good for Man City so far

I just can’t agree. Both Jesus and Torres have looked better than Jack yet they don’t always start. I’m not denying he is a very good footballer, of course he is. But no way has been in the top 3 attacking players for City this season. Not from what I’ve seen anyway. 

Even though it’s City, 100m has smashed their transfer record and commercially he has been a massive signing for them. He is expected to start in my opinion. 

• Like 2

United spent £70m ish on Sancho and he’s barely played (and hasn’t looked great when he does).

Times have changed now.

Saying that, Jack has played a lot for them hasn’t he so i’m not sure what the argument is.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem is and think people said it before but it was a player they didnt really need and now they are trying to get him in the team without knowing his best role

Also at the expense of Sterling, a player that has scored 115 goals and 88 assists in 301 games for them! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Problem is and think people said it before but it was a player they didnt really need and now they are trying to get him in the team without knowing his best role

He’s played wide left and occasionally in the middle, like he did at Villa? 

They spent a lot of money on him, and are using him as he was used well by Villa and England. 

What’s the problem? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just can’t agree. Both Jesus and Torres have looked better than Jack yet they don’t always start. I’m not denying he is a very good footballer, of course he is. But no way has been in the top 3 attacking players for City this season. Not from what I’ve seen anyway. 

This just isn't true. Torres has looked good in a couple of games. Jesus isn't a great player, hence why Torres is starting ahead of him as a centre forward. There is absolutely no way Jesus has looked better than grealish. If you'd said Mahrez I might have agreed because when he's played Mahrez has been excellent and it's a bit inexplicable as to why he hasn't played more, but he plays the opposite side to grealish anyway so wouldn't affect his selection.

I think you're letting your emotion of Grealish leaving cloud your judgement of his performances

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

This just isn't true. Torres has looked good in a couple of games. Jesus isn't a great player, hence why Torres is starting ahead of him. There is absolutely no way Jesus has looked better than grealish. If you'd said Mahrez I might have agreed because when he's played Mahrez has been excellent and it's a bit inexplicable as to why he hasn't played more, but he plays the opposite side to grealish anyway so wouldn't affect his selection.

I think you're letting your emotion of Grealish leaving cloud your judgement of his performances

Maybe, but I do also think you’re letting your admiration for him cloud your judgement too. The first half against PSG being a good example where he was bang average and you thought he was excellent.

Let’s see how much he is starting big games in the second half of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

They spent a lot of money on him, and are using him as he was used well by Villa and England. 

What’s the problem? 

he's in the same position but not the same role, like i said earlier when I've seen him play for them he's played as a proper out and out left winger, not a wide forward or any fancy terminology you use, he's not coming inside as often, he's far more rigid

as for starting every game...i think he has to, he doesn't have the familiarity that the others have, he's still getting the experience, the coaching etc they're not rotating him while he's settling in they're deep ending him, which is exactly what you'd expect, they've done it to more or less every player around him but not him, next will be foden around him, they're trying to see what works, completely normal, once they've figured it all out they no doubt will start to rotate him

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the problem? 

He has played centre midfield a couple of games. He isnt the same wide left player he was for us though. It looks like the flair is being coached out of him or he doesn't have the confidence to dribble as he used to

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This just isn't true. Torres has looked good in a couple of games. Jesus isn't a great player, hence why Torres is starting ahead of him as a centre forward. There is absolutely no way Jesus has looked better than grealish. If you'd said Mahrez I might have agreed because when he's played Mahrez has been excellent and it's a bit inexplicable as to why he hasn't played more, but he plays the opposite side to grealish anyway so wouldn't affect his selection.

Jesus isnt great but he has probably been City best player so far this season 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Â