The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, calcifer said:

I wont give a fudge about him once he has gone, once he has left then i have no interest in his career. I only care about Aston Villa.

Exactly this.

If he goes then I hope scum Citeh and Grealish never win another game. Bunch of words removed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Too right. What I'm annoyed is how we all loved the guy a couple of weeks ago, and now, because a couple of unreliable newspapers and twitter 'like hunters' claim he is off we question his integrity and talk about booing him. I read some comments about breaking his legs, and other poor stuff. 

If he goes he will be disappointed, but some people need to grow up a little, I am really disappointed by this thread.

100% 

• Like 1

Just now, El Zen said:

Villa would fill his pockets with more money than he and his future children would ever need in a lifetime. 

If he’s a Villa fan, that and the very realistic chance of winning trophies with your boyhood club should be enough.

thats where i would disagree unfortunately 

league cup or FA cup aside i think there is more chance of Grealish winning the CL with city than there is him even ever getting to play in it for villa

we are absolutely **** miles off winning the league

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Time to accept he’s gone, we move on. The clubs always bigger than a player.

Unfortunately this move just confirms that loyalty in football is dead.

It has been for years and the money is to blame. Modern day players do have professional pride and even in some cases, a love for certain clubs, but those things are all subjugated by money.

You are right, there is no loyalty any more, so it is much better that everyone wises up and we don't repeat the wasted emotional energy we've all been expending for the last few days.

• Like 1

With all the ‘media’ putting their eggs in one basket now it’s more than likely he’ll go…

Sad really but it is what it is. 

I wouldn’t boo him but he doesn’t go with any well wishes from me. He’s leaving at the wrong time and could’ve been part of something special.

Anyone but City for any silverware this season (and hope we win something!!!)

• Like 4

Just now, Mic09 said:

Too right. What I'm annoyed is how we all loved the guy a couple of weeks ago, and now, because a couple of unreliable newspapers and twitter 'like hunters' claim he is off we question his integrity and talk about booing him. I read some comments about breaking his legs, and other poor stuff. 

If he goes he will be disappointed, but some people need to grow up a little, I am really disappointed by this thread.

Jack could have ended the speculation weeks ago. 

People live and die by this football club and people are allowed to be upset and stress out about a situation like this. 

• Like 3

A rollercoaster of emotions. I'd rather post something on here like a star-crossed lover than have some plastic say 'cry more' over on Twitter.

Ain't going to lie. The thought of Jack leaving is heartbreaking. We lived our dreams through Jack. He was more than a player. I've chatted with his Dad at friendlies years ago. He spoke of how he was at Rotterdam, he's a true Villa fan. I genuinely thought Jack was one of our own. All the losses of Benteke, Delph, Milner, Young, Barry, Yorke, Jack Grealish was the one that'd choose loyalty. 

This is a great time to be a Villa fan. We're growing year by year and with boyhood Villa fans as captain and manager... it's the stuff of dreams. Milwaukee Bucks blueprint and all. Why would any true Villa fan leave now? If Jack wouldn't have got injured, I predict we'd of had Europe this year. We're on the cusp.

If this goes through, an enormous chunk of my love of football dies. I've traveled everywhere with Villa. Watched us through thick and thin and I'll always love this club. That said, the romance of football dies with this transfer. Combined with corrupt refereeing decisions, ESL, and media, this is the final straw. Man City is a club that goes to the lengths of starting their own league to keep out of power. Let's not forget banned from UCL and they have the power to do this AGAIN. Football is gone, but my love of Villa remains.

Of course, it's not confirmed, and with that, there's some hope. But either way, the way his agent and media have acted throughout is a disgrace. Treated Villa fans with disdain and that's unforgivable. As I say, football no, Villa yes. Whatever the outcome, let's get Villa Park rocking for this season and show the world how a big club bounce back.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

I agree with much of the above, but what is the point if next Summer the top 6 scum start sniffing around Martinez and Watkins...as they surely will.....we need to be able to hold onto players, but if they are being promised fame and fortune and trophies with a sky scum top 6...this will be just a catch 22 situation...i.e. we will become a feeder club for them

The point is - we will probably have a half decent 2021/22 season.

Look at Leicester for hope.

Need to stop dreaming of CL and enjoy what is steadily being assembled at villa right now. Have we learnt nothing about 5 year plans.!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I wasted the whole **** Euros being fuming at Southgate for not playing him FFS.

Me too :) 

He's still an incredible player and will now take the world by storm. If I wasn't a Villa fan I'd be really excited about seeing KDB, Foden and Grealish in the same team. They're going to destroy everyone.

We get to reshape the team so we're not relying on one person which derails our season if he's out injured.

Best wishes from me, I'd prefer to keep him but I honestly believe it'll work out best all round.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

1000000% worse. Delph wasn't a Villa boy through and through. Jack leaving now makes him a total snake for the most disgusting team in football. All the City fans laughing and baiting us for months and calling us shit club and fans. **** Judas leaving us on the up

Que?

Delph said he'd stay a day or so before leaving (hence the snake name), Grealish did no such thing.

Jack is a villa boy, yes. Does that mean he does not have the right to have bigger ambitions? We can not offer him CL football now and have no guarantee for next season (we can hope for it though). Added to that, Grealish is a LOT better than Delph ever was, so he could actually go and do something in a team like that.

I want him to stay as much as anyone, but if the offer is correct, I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to play at a higher level. (Once we win the league we can buy him back to play CL for us) He got us back to the PL and kept us here in our first season. The man has done a lot for our club, I hope he will do more and get us into europe, but if he wants to go and the club gets a lot of money for him, good luck to him. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

A football career is limited in duration. When will Villa be in the Champions League? 

I guarantee Jack has had numerous people telling him he has to move for years, and he has said no. 

For some people there's more to life than that. 

• Like 1

He's been liking tweets about bigger clubs for years. He definitely gets starry eyed when they get linked to him, you can just tell he loves it.

Villa fan but don't think he loves us as much quite as what we'd like to believe.

• Like 4

Â