The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Weird that the club would accept a bid without the player indicating he wants the move.

You don't think he has?

No way city put a record breaking bid in without knowing Jack is open to joining. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

You don't think he has?

No way city put a record breaking bid in without knowing Jack is open to joining. 

According to Collymore, the only thing holding up the deal, and for this long, is Jack's acceptance. Doesn't track.

I'll be angry now if he goes. He didn't need to return to training. It didn't do anything for the fans or the club, in fact it's only served to create a little circus around us these past few days.

I thought I'd be magnanimous about it, but if he leaves now then he no longer goes with my blessing.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

Its not weird at all... What?

Maybe I'm overestimating how much the club want to keep Jack. But accepting the first bid, without the player accepting the move doesn't seem like we put up much of a fight.

I had a bit of a wobble earlier but the truth is, nobody knows anything outside of AVFC, Shitty and Jack’s team. Stuff is clearly happening but the outcome appears to be uncertain at this stage.

I think the likelihood is that City and Villa are trying to reach agreement. The devil as always will be in the detail. I suspect that a deadline will have been agreed. If no agreement is reached by then, Jack will stay, otherwise he is off. That’s my take. We just have to wait it out!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Its not weird at all... What?

Depending on when the bid was accepted, that could mean Grealish has been sitting up to 6 days with this info and still not made a decision. Can't imagine he would come to train while still pondering leaving.

edit to add, unless Mr Whispers is right in that it was just accepted.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Just now, Keyblade said:

Maybe I'm overestimating how much the club want to keep Jack. But accepting the first bid, without the player accepting the move doesn't seem like we put up much of a fight.

I think Jack has told the club he's open to it and would like the opportunity to speak to city. City put in a bid that we find acceptable and we also offer Jack an improved deal now he's back. 

It's a life changing decision. I can see why he might want a few days to think it all through, whilst the clubs hammer out the details. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Collymore doesn’t know anything. He’s speculating where he thinks the wind will blow in his favour. 

Let's not forget he was saying Jack already agreed a new contract before the Euros.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

If there is release clause club must accept it and let player decide thats what our club is doying. Its not about how much our club want or dont want player in their team...

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'd be absolutely amazed, if we hadn't had some indication from ESR that he'd be interested in a move if he didn't get the deal he wanted from arsenal. 

we will have. whether there was any truth to it or just the agent playing us for fools is another debate

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

If there is release clause club must accept it and let player decide thats what our club is doying. Its not about how much our club want or dont want player in their team...

Nobody has reported a release clause though. It's all speculation.

Edit: But that would line up with what Collymore is saying, which of course itself isn't very reliable. This radio silence from the club is excruciating.

Edited by Keyblade

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't know what to think. If we have accepted the bid, or a clause has been met, why is it taking so long? Indicates that Jack isn't sure? 

I dunno. Confused!

I don't think we've accepted it yet. It's a record breaking fee, it's going to be a complicated process structuring the payment and agreeing to what ever extras we want to put in.

The offer might have met a release clause, or as hard as it might be for some to believe, they might think that with the money they can make us a stronger team than with Grealish.

Just now, hippo said:

If he's mulling it over - then he's probably not going to go.

"When you don't know what to do - do nothing " as my mom always used to say.

Yes along with if you’ve got nothing good to say about somebody don’t say anything

Â