The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

CJ seems genuinely ITK. He conducts himself well on twitter and dosen't constantly post for attention. That, added to his Bucks connections, makes me think that the info he gets and tweets comes right from the very top. I have total faith in CJ

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s been spending so much time with the South American boys, his accent has changed. 

It’s like when I had my Sydney/Birmingham accent neither my Brummie or Sydney friends could understand me.  Gone 90% brummie now so at least half of them understand me. 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, jayEm said:

Been a huge fan of CJ ever since he started tweeting last night at 9.30pm, top bloke

I love the bloke, completely irrational but every time my faith begins to falter he appears with precious precious hope!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

My suspicions

Citeh have bid but the structure doesn't meet our requirements - either they don't meet the valuation we've set or the way it's being met isn't to our liking.

Grealish has our contract offer and is fully aware of what Citeh will offer. There's probably not much in them. I suspect we've sweetened the deal following the bid.

All things being considered Jack wants to go but he's not so completely set on it to burn his bridges. He's in a pretty good position -either he moves to win some bought trophies and gets to be an even richer man, or he can stay here and be a very rich man where he's already a bit of a legend and in a year we'll do all this again. He can't really lose.

The other option may well be that we've accepted he's off but the stalling is to get our ducks in a row before every transfer becomes 20% more expensive.

Either way I lean towards him not being here in a months time.

Yeah this is largely what I think too Chindie. I'm pretty certain whatever Man City has offered hasn't been accepted by the club. Whether that's because it's structurally incorrect, or whether it's because it's miles away from what we would take, is anyone's guess.

I also think Jack would like to go, but would similarly not be unhappy to stay. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if we're adding more and more to our new contract offer, for both the player and agent, now that he's back with the squad.

The bit in bold I find odd that either player or club would agree to, as anything could happen that could jeopardise the situation. Let's say we've brought players in based on the additional revenue, but something happens to Jack in a freak accident whilst he's still here. No one wins.

Given his missus can seemingly drive from London to Hale in 90 minutes with a puking dog, any manner of unforeseen events could transpire.

Plus, why would we want a player that's effectively employed by another team knowing our upcoming routines and drills - especially with a new set piece coach in situ?

I think Man City's offer to the club is not something we would accept, and Jack is still open to the idea of a new contract at Villa. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not really. My latest evidence free working hypothesis is: 

A new contract at Villa is on the table. He’s been back for a few days so if staying was Jack’s first choice it would’ve been done already.

Logically the only reason for this being strung out is Citeh failing to meet whatever valuation Villa has put on Jack, be that the mythical £100m clause or whatever.

Jack is tiptoeing around like the star in a proof of life video because he wants to go, he knows we know that, and Citeh, having put him in this position, are now doing their finest souk trader impression trying to bargain the price down. 

Things will get progressively more awkward until Citeh either meet his valuation or he gives up leaving and signs a new contract out of sheer embarrassment. 

Yeah this is where I am.

I don’t think there is a release clause, or at least not one that’s sufficiently watertight to allow City to take it out of our hands.

City have come in with £100m (or, more likely, something that vaguely adds up to £100m) and we’re saying no.

Jack does want to leave but he won’t force it. Club will let him go, but want significantly more out of City AND to have other signings in place first. Won’t let City bully us, and happy to disappoint Jack if necessary. But equally do have a selling price.

That is most consistent with everything that’s happened IMO. Would explain why very little has leaked out of Villa Park, but why City have been using journos to make it feel like a “done deal” and try and force our hand.

Ultimately we have a lot of leverage, and Wes Edens is no mug. We will do very well financially out of this if Jack goes.

• Like 2

Just now, Okonokos said:

And what if it hasn't been going on for a month or two?

What if we spoke to him about a potential new contract before his holiday but then whilst he was away we received a bid from the $hitholes and are now discussing a totally different contract with him?

Either way, you don't just get off a plane and then the next minute sign a record breaking contract. His agent would be in talks for at least several days.

Whatever fella. Look I'm just expressing what I think, not what has yet to be revealed. I maybe right, I maybe wrong. 

I never said he'd get off the plane and  sign a multi million pound contract within minutes.  If you think though that his agent has been sitting on his arse whilst Jack's on holiday or was at the euros then yeah, you must be right. I mean how could his agent or management team possibly do their job whilst jack is away. 

Until the club announces anything it's all guesswork or opinions and I'm not claiming to know factually anything about this situation, so any outcome is possible. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

On the one hand, CJ isn't the typical football self-proclaimed ITKs who say anything and everything for attention, but on the other, how could he know any of this?

And why would he post it as I assume his audience is American and NFL fans who wouldn’t know who Euston Vanilla are and who the hell Mack Greeldish is.

Â