The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Got a feeling in my gut that something big is going to happen after tea.

You may be right, Jack hasn’t been out on the grass for a good couple of hours whereas all the other players are.

Hopefully just his blisters preventing him from training🤞

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So to clarify he's a Bucks fans with connections that reach back to Wes hence his ITK...and that's how he knows the status of City/Kane? 

The connections to Wes is just assumed since he’s a 20+ year private box season ticket holder with the Bucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So to clarify he's a Bucks fans with connections that reach back to Wes hence his ITK...and that's how he knows the status of City/Kane? 

To be fair all the speculation has been BS so far.  I think we have to accept that we can’t trust any of them so best not to trust any and wait to see to what happens.

• Like 1

Do you know what I see here and hope I've been right all along, is that no one is going to sell there star players because spurs and Villa just don't need to, the money is of no concern to there Owners unless it's what those clubs want.

I just can't see our Owners selling Jack for 100 mill, there goal is to make him worth alot more than that by the time they sell him.

All this media crap and videos of Jack training and the net going bonkers over it all it's done is fuelled the fire of Jack Grealish and boy does he know it.

If I were him I'd of used City and a possible move there to get publicity all while signing a new contract at the club I've devoted myself to, I wouldn't blame him one bit. Remember while football is off the stars need to keep the eye on them and that's exactly what's happened here with Jack. Right now he's the most sexiest Man in Britain's according to women, the most wanted footballer in the country and has the most media attention I think I've seen in a footballer to date, Jack and Villa know what's going on lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think I’m in love with CJ 😍

Now this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. If there was truth in it, we'd start hearing about it from trusted sources before it's officially announced. Nothing we've done this summer has remained a secret until the club officially said it. 

I guess it's debatable how trusted this guy is, but his link to the Bucks adds a bit of interest to if. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Whatever fella. Look I'm just expressing what I think, not what has yet to be revealed. I maybe right, I maybe wrong. 

I never said he'd get off the plane and  sign a multi million pound contract within minutes.  If you think though that his agent has been sitting on his arse whilst Jack's on holiday or was at the euros then yeah, you must be right. I mean how could his agent or management team possibly do their job whilst jack is away. 

Until the club announces anything it's all guesswork or opinions and I'm not claiming to know factually anything about this situation, so any outcome is possible. 

You kind of did...

I actually think this is pretty close to the money. If he wanted to stay the new deal if on the table would've been signed the moment he got back from his hols.

I have no idea either but I do know that if a record breaking contract is on the table from us to Jack then it will take days at the very least. Something like that would never be done quickly. That was my only point.

32 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Orrrrr the bids keep being rejected out right, just cos nothings been agreed doesn’t mean it’s being negotiated either.

With neither club commenting on it, I think that speaks volumes. 

Its in Villa’s best interest to not declare we rejected the bid cos of the media circus abs everything that would come with that and Man City won’t want to be seen to be having their pants pulled down. 

Why? It's an utter media circus as it is. It would also make us look strong if we came out and rejected it. There's no chance they'd want to keep that a secret and let this speculation continue as we try to prepare for the start of the season

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Now this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. If there was truth in it, we'd start hearing about it from trusted sources before it's officially announced. Nothing we've done this summer has remained a secret until the club officially said it. 

I guess it's debatable how trusted this guy is, but his link to the Bucks adds a bit of interest to if. 

See my post at the top of this page where I said all speculation is BS.  I was just having a bit of humour. I’m not trusting any of them because we are hearing different things, different sides and goalposts moving

Edited by nick76

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah, it's bullshit.

There's nothing in it for him though. Doesn't Tweet about football and seems to be well respected when it comes to the NFL. We've assumed his connection is the Wes, but it may not be.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He may be a bit of a bullshitter in the end but looking at his tweeting history I'm more inclined to believe someone like this than someone who actively tweets only ITK stuff in an attention seeking way.

As an American presumably in America CJ Golson probably doesn't care about any rivalry between Leeds and Villa, he seems to be someone who's built himself a good repuation for having exclusives on American Sports, I doubt he's going to jeopardize that by making something up about Grealish, that's not to say that what he's saying is right but I think that he probably thinks that it's correct.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Jack will be a huge marketing tool for them . He transcends football as has been seen by all the articles in vogue, mens health ,ok magazine etc etc

And he had wembley stadium chanting his name wanting him to come on along with his .missus getting death threats from 14 year old girls who see him as their pin up. 

Shame really as if he stays our exposure and commercial revenue will increase massively.

Spot on it’s what I’m most upset about, the commercial opportunities for us with Jack are huge he’s worth more than £100m to us for that reason. Football wise £100m for a 26 year old is a lot of money and we will likely be stronger overall if we reinvest it smartly. I’m far more confident about that with NSWE we will spend that money well

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Why? It's an utter media circus as it is. It would also make us look strong if we came out and rejected it. There's no chance they'd want to keep that a secret and let this speculation continue as we try to prepare for the start of the season

Maybe City have told us not to speak about us rejecting because they don’t want Spurs to increase the price of Kane.

I’ve completely made that up but just as believable as much of the speculation being made up over the last 5 days and that’s not believable 

Wouldn’t surprise me either way. I think the issue is they won’t pay what we want or all of it up front.

Nothing may well have happened by the time the Watford game rolls around. Although I’d imagine we’ve given them a deadline.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah this is where I am.

I don’t think there is a release clause, or at least not one that’s sufficiently watertight to allow City to take it out of our hands.

City have come in with £100m (or, more likely, something that vaguely adds up to £100m) and we’re saying no.

Jack does want to leave but he won’t force it. Club will let him go, but want significantly more out of City AND to have other signings in place first. Won’t let City bully us, and happy to disappoint Jack if necessary. But equally do have a selling price.

That is most consistent with everything that’s happened IMO. Would explain why very little has leaked out of Villa Park, but why City have been using journos to make it feel like a “done deal” and try and force our hand.

Ultimately we have a lot of leverage, and Wes Edens is no mug. We will do very well financially out of this if Jack goes.

I suspect it’s actually us that are delaying. Allowing us to sort out our incoming business and when we have our ducks in a row, we’ll give it the green light. 

1 minute ago, Hanky said:

Nothing may well have happened by the time the Watford game rolls around. Although I’d imagine we’ve given them a deadline.

Wait, this transfer shit goes on beyond the first game of the season?? I thought that had been stopped?

Â