The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought the body language was weird between Southgate and Grealish when the takers were been decided. Few words said. Grealish looked a bit sullen. Either he didn't want to take one, or he was told he wouldn't be in the 5.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Grealish has seen what it is like to not be the main man. He's seen what happens when he gets left out the side. And he's seen what happens when you play for a manager that doesn't belive on you,  and doesn't build a team around you.  He's going nowhere. 

Let's win you a trophy next year Jack, this villa squad has the ability to do it.

I dont think Jack is going anywhere, i'm 100% convinced he's staying but if I did have a view about what you are talking about I would be opposite to you that he sees that while Southgate is in charge he's not going to get sufficient minutes and unlikely to win a trophy so the only way he can win trophies is at club level.  While I'm optimistic about Villa's future, for Jack his real chance of trophies is at a club like Man City.  So I dont see it quite like you, I see what happened as more of negative at keeping Jack than a positive. 

Again that is just one element and I think Jack stays but I'm not sure this England experience has been as positive for Villa as you might be making out.  If he had won the trophy with England it may have satisfied him for a bit medal wise.

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The media will gloss over Southgate once again took the conservative route through fear. Jack should’ve come on instead of Saka and had 30mins to weave & run at the Italian defence. Southgate cost us again at a major tournament being found to be out of his depth and lacking tactical nous… So much anger towards that man right now for squandering the talents at his disposal - especially Jack’s. We actually, have the players now to be a fully attack minded team and should be feared for it… Grealish, Foden, Sancho, behind Kane, should’ve been the front 4 from the start in a 4231 system. 

but he will get knighthood

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought the body language was weird between Southgate and Grealish when the takers were been decided. Few words said. Grealish looked a bit sullen. Either he didn't want to take one, or he was told he wouldn't be in the 5.

Told he wouldn't be in the 5. He said he would take one before the tournament started. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Jack believes in himself. He absolutely would have wanted to take one.

• Like 1

Southgate has ultimately lost us the game there. 

Didnt create a chance after 4th minute. Shocking.

Gutted for Jack more than anything, you could tell he desperately wanted to win that 

48 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

We deserved to lose that…

Bollocks to Sterling; the ball greedy, Mr Big-I-am, sack of shit

Bollocks to Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice for being the useless rocket polishers that they are…

Bollocks to Maguire and Stones…

Bollocks to Kane, the so-called “best striker in the world”

Bollocks to Henderson for being completely oblivious and a waste of a sub

But most of all…

Bollocks to Southgate; the penalty missing, bottle-job, big nosed charlatan… You cost us the cup in 1996… and now, 25 years later, you did the job on us again… Every other team plays their best player… and whenever we brought ours on, we scored goals and won the game…

But you just couldn’t do it in the final could you… You just couldn’t bear the concept that you got it wrong… You just couldn’t swallow your pride and put aside your petty grievances… and it took you 98 minutes of a potential 120 minute game to do it…

And you cost us… Every one of us…

Bollocks to you Southgate…

I think he got some things wrong but no way more than some of your ludicrous assessments of player performance, perhaps it’s time for bed and don’t forget to take off your claret and blue glasses. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

What’s is Gareth’s beef with Jack? … 

Maybe because Southgate was just a "Mr solid" type of player with no frills he just cannot see or appreciate someone with genuine talent / class? To him because he couldn't do the stuff Jack does he can't help but see it as risky because if he had tried to do those things without Jacks ability he would have been taking major risks... so he associates it with his own fears is what i think. As he sees it as his job on the line & responsibility he is therefore scared to use him.

It says more about Southgates inadequacies than Jacks. 

Or basically Cowardice based around his own fears.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where was Jack grealish when a 19 year old boy stepped up 

He was standing looking confused as to why a 19yr old was picked to take the penalty before him

• Like 3

Â