The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I know that Dan Bardell is trying to forge a career in sports journalism and media, so this would never happen. However, wouldn’t it be amazing if he tore Gregg apart on the next 1874 podcast for being an absolute fraud of a Villa reporter. 

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think he gets off on it

In all fairness he is right. It is too early to say whether Jack stays or goes, because as it stands he hasn’t signed a new contract nor have City submitted a bid. But they’ve made it clear they will submit a formal bid after the Euros. 

I get it that Gregg Evans isn’t popular on here because he doesn’t say everything is sunshine and rainbows but he is literally doing his job, the idea that he’s hoping for players to leave is utter BS. He’s not a Villa fan as far as I’m aware so he probably just sees things from a more neutral perspective. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I know that Dan Bardell is trying to forge a career in sports journalism and media, so this would never happen. However, wouldn’t it be amazing if he tore Gregg apart on the next 1874 podcast for being an absolute fraud of a Villa reporter. 

plus i think they're mates. he actually gets stick for his association with evans on here occasionally.

it's a shame cause i love the villa view, but can't listen to the 1874 pod now

Just now, tomav84 said:

plus i think they're mates. he actually gets stick for his association with evans on here occasionally.

For me, MOMS is the best Villa podcast. 

1 hour ago, birdman said:

Probably got the best first touch in the league too. It allows him that extra second of time that other players dont seem to have. 

He reads the game better and faster than everyone around him. Un-teachable skill.

This is why it's paramount that we manage to surround him with excellent players all over in the attacking half of the team, to actually unlock his (and thereby the team's) potential.

We might only get this chance to do a top 6 crack with Jack.

12 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

In all fairness he is right. It is too early to say whether Jack stays or goes, because as it stands he hasn’t signed a new contract nor have City submitted a bid. But they’ve made it clear they will submit a formal bid after the Euros. 

hold on, when or where have Man City made it clear they will submit a formal bid after the Euros?

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

hold on, when or where have Man City made it clear they will submit a formal bid after the Euros?

Also from The Athletic:

Grealish is strongly admired at the Etihad Stadium and although there has been no contact between the two clubs as yet, City are expected to formalise their interest in due course.

It is believed that any suitors for Grealish will need to produce a British record transfer fee of about £100 million to stand a chance of securing the 25-year-old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I used to listen to it but find it hard going now. I like Dan, but Gregg’s insistence on trying to sell Grealish, winds me up.

31 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

I get it that Gregg Evans isn’t popular on here because he doesn’t say everything is sunshine and rainbows but he is literally doing his job, the idea that he’s hoping for players to leave is utter BS. He’s not a Villa fan as far as I’m aware so he probably just sees things from a more neutral perspective. 

this is incorrect. if he were still at the brum mail, he'd be doing his job, regurgitating tittle tattle for clicks. but he's at a subscription based company now, that prides itself on reporting facts, not speculation/rumours. this is what people have an issue with. every other journo at the athletic sticks to facts, except him.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I think he gets off on it

Greg will be able to say with certainty around the same time as we can say with certainty.  Exactly the same time in fact. 

• Like 1

Â